Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

America back on the top for dependability.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
the problem is that gm doesnt, or at least hasnt advertised this in the past, they should be announcing it because i know that 99% of people have no idea their reliability is that good
THANK YOU!! If it were the Nippon Giant's ad agencies, they would NOT LET YOU FORGET IT! We would be sooo bombarded with "epitome of perfection" and "gold standard superiority" ads from them that we would : After all, TOY/Japan, Inc. must keep up the lemming/sheeple brainwashing of the U.S. public, whether reality or not.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ on GM not promoting the brand's reliability. That should be their #1 marketing priority, because lets face it:

They can't market on performance because there is none.

They can't market on style(except the Enclave), because there is none.

They can market on luxury, but nobody really buys a Buick for status, prestige, or an inferiority complex.

Reliability is really Buick's #1 attribute IMO and yet GM's marketers don't get it. Another example of how GM can manage to screw up something its doing right.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

That Chinese Buick looks great, and it's based on the G8/Camaro platform!?!?

WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT HERE!!!!

GM has to be one of the most idiotic companies in the world.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Ford is the most idiotic company on the planet. Then GM.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Buick look lame here in the states..But good damn there reliable.. Me and my wife bought a 2001 Century for my wife to drive back and fourth to work on the highway.. And in one years time we put right under 100k on it . Started out 30k -130k and ran absolutley perfect no troubles ever.. New tires and brake pads and that was it..

They need to make a new grand national..
Old 10-19-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know 90% of this "buick reliability" is BS this has been feed to the us public for years.

lets take a closer look at the 2001 buick century, it is a "W body"

now lets see what are the common "problems" the 2001 "W body" grand prix's have...... blower resistors, window motors, wheel bearings. now let check part numbers.... ooops they happen to be the same used in buick and pontiac ??????

now tell me how the buick is more reliable? it's all in your head guys. if we where talking about cars that used differant parts that I would belive but anything else is just proof you have been brain washed

it's the same as saying a firebird is more reliable than a camaro
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 89 formula350
you know 90% of this "buick reliability" is BS this has been feed to the us public for years.

lets take a closer look at the 2001 buick century, it is a "W body"

now lets see what are the common "problems" the 2001 "W body" grand prix's have...... blower resistors, window motors, wheel bearings. now let check part numbers.... ooops they happen to be the same used in buick and pontiac ??????

now tell me how the buick is more reliable? it's all in your head guys. if we where talking about cars that used differant parts that I would belive but anything else is just proof you have been brain washed

it's the same as saying a firebird is more reliable than a camaro
I agree with your logic and have had the same opinion about Consumer Reports reviews. The difference is this is data collected from owners of the actual vehicles and how many problems were experienced per 100 vehicles sold. These are not opinions but factual data that has been collected. Regardless of what you believe to be true or untrue this is impartial 3rd party data.

All the people who responded would have to be brainwashed, do you believe that to be fact?

Quick Reply: America back on the top for dependability.