Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Revealed - Holden Coupe 60 Concept (New Monaro/Pontiac GTO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krayzie7th
damn! Australia dont play around. Why o why cant we that here!
The stupid EPA and the f*heads in Washington telling us we can't pollute, we can't drill, and we can't fart.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, that could be a real winner. Pontiac GTO, Buick Grand National, Chevy Chevelle. All or any of those names would actually be proper on that car.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

Damn, that thing looks wicked. Sign me up!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Morbid
Great post!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
On the fence, kinda ricey in some aspects.
Maybe, but who cares as long as it wipes the streets up with all of the f'ing rice out there??!?

Personally, I think it looks 'over the top' hot/sweet, and the suede is cool (a la F430 Scuderia, M3 Competition, and Porsche GT3). I just wish they did the whole steering wheel in suede.
CENTER LOCK WHEELS!!! <-

Sadly there will still be those who will reject/bash it (here) because it does not look EXACTLY like a '67 GTO, just like the last one.

BTW; my ONLY complaint/problem with the last GTO was the weight!!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Maybe, but who cares as long as it wipes the streets up with all of the f'ing rice out there??!?

Personally, I think it looks 'over the top' hot/sweet, and the suede is cool (a la F430 Scuderia, M3 Competition, and Porsche GT3). I just wish they did the whole steering wheel in suede.
CENTER LOCK WHEELS!!! <-

Sadly there will still be those who will reject/bash it (here) because it does not look EXACTLY like a '67 GTO, just like the last one.

BTW; my ONLY complaint/problem with the last GTO was the weight!!
When you really look at it the weight of a GTO wasnt much different than a fully loaded T/A. My friend had an 04 and his only weighed 100lbs more than my Z28 at the track on the same day.
My biggest complaint is that the car was rushed to get here, so it had no trunk. Also the rear seat access was terrible. Other than that it was a nice looking car, although a little plain, with a great interior and finish.

As far as this car, not my style. It is a little too over the top for me.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TriShield

GTO anyone?
Get rid of the flares and tuck the tires under, raise it up slightly, maybe a different set of wheels and I would like it better. Basically all the things that make it look more like a real car and less like a concept car.

Actually, somebody photoshop that for me.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mzoomora
Get rid of the flares and tuck the tires under, raise it up slightly, maybe a different set of wheels and I would like it better. Basically all the things that make it look more like a real car and less like a concept car.

Actually, somebody photoshop that for me.
Why? You will likely just slam it and put bigger wheels and tires and more power anyway. I think concept cars just show ideas for modding production cars anyway, so use this as a concept of future mods to the stock car.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Why? You will likely just slam it and put bigger wheels and tires and more power anyway. I think concept cars just show ideas for modding production cars anyway, so use this as a concept of future mods to the stock car.
that's right
I think that bitch looks bad *** the way it is.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

the word "boost" appears on the dash display.....you guys are losing sight of more pressing issues here...

"boost" implies supercharger/turbo for those who haven't quite applied any abstract thought into the matter...
Old 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
How many muscle/sports car owners do you know who put on wide body kits, the turtle offset wheels or slam the car completely on to the ground? Not many. Although it may appeal to some people, it is mostly the ones driving Civics with lambo doors. I have no problem with a lowered vehicle, larger wheels or even a body kit, its just that the ones here went in the wrong direction.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

It looks alright. The rims are ugly. But it does have that kind of rice feel to it. Which sucks, but overall I would say that its about a 6.5 out of 10
Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Motor Trend reports this Holden concept is actually what's left of the redesigned Pontiac GTO before it was killed by GM.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...et_pontiac_gto

The Camaro is GM's muscle car priority and star for now.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Although it may appeal to some people, it is mostly the ones driving Civics with lambo doors.
Judging by the reaction to this show car internet-wide it certainly appeals to a broad range of people, including people who love muscle cars.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Motor Trend reports this Holden concept is actually what's left of the redesigned Pontiac GTO before it was killed by GM.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...et_pontiac_gto

The Camaro is GM's muscle car priority and star for now.
You mean this?

Last edited by DrkPhx; 12-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:56 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Judging by the reaction to this show car internet-wide it certainly appeals to a broad range of people, including people who love muscle cars.
Lots of people react well to show cars, especially on the interent. Doesnt mean it will be accepted or sell. SSR, Prowler, etc. They were received well until it was time to purchase.
IMO, and some others who already posted, it is to "Fast and Furious" looking. A little wheel flare isnt bad, lowering a car some isnt bad, but the car in that picture goes too far.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of people react well to show cars, especially on the interent. Doesnt mean it will be accepted or sell. SSR, Prowler, etc. They were received well until it was time to purchase.
IMO, and some others who already posted, it is to "Fast and Furious" looking. A little wheel flare isnt bad, lowering a car some isnt bad, but the car in that picture goes too far.
The problem with the SSR was that it was too bloody expensive. No one wants a less capable Camaro with a bed and a price tag $10K higher....

Now if the SSR had had a six-cylinder option that had been in the 25k range, you can bet your *** they would still be being made...alas
Old 03-01-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

How many muscle/sports car owners do you know who put on wide body kits, the turtle offset wheels or slam the car completely on to the ground? Not many. Although it may appeal to some people, it is mostly the ones driving Civics with lambo doors. I have no problem with a lowered vehicle, larger wheels or even a body kit, its just that the ones here went in the wrong direction.
I think you may have read to much into my post. I was merely stating that concept cars are always over the top and the production car is usually a lot more tame. People use the concept as an idea of what is possible with the car. There are a lot of nicely done body kits for Mustangs right now and I am willing to bet there will be a couple for the Camaro too. Likely to make it look more like the concept car. There are things about this concept I wouldn't want on a car I own but I still appreciate the time and effort that went into it and if it is produced I am willing to bet there will be quite a few that would want a body kit to make it look more like the concept. May not be what I or you would do but if they like it and they do it an a tasteful manner why can't we say "Its not for me but you did a good job and it looks nice". Notice I said tasteful and they did good work. Ricer gear doesn't fall into that category.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

This one cures the problems of the last Goat. I for one was a fan...not on the looks but the drive train. This car would have the drive train and the looks that say...GTO. The old Goat was just too blah to be as popular as something like this would. This car should come here as the new Goat. You could sell that for 35k.

W
Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I like it.

Quick Reply: Revealed - Holden Coupe 60 Concept (New Monaro/Pontiac GTO)