Camaro and Challenger Appear in Midnight Club: Los Angeles Game

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro and Challenger Appear in Midnight Club: Los Angeles Game

The concept versions anyway.

Oh and the Mustang is in there too.

The Camaro is sporting 60s style headlamp covers. I think they look pretty sharp.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

^ I was going to say the same thing, i really like how the lights look on the camaro.
-Joel
Old 04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I rank the Midnight Club games down on the scale with Sega GT(the first, Dreamcast one...) and L.A. Rush. For some reason or another, they never seem to replicate the handling of the cars right. I know MC and LAR are arcade titles, but that's no excuse. Project Gotham 3+ got it right(I still don't like PG1&2...) and so did Test Drive Unlimited(you get used to it after a while, unlike MC, Sega GT, and LAR...)

I'd like to take the time now to rant about Gran Turismo...

This is just my opinion....

I hate it. I can't stand how the cars drive in those games. Even after messing with all the TC and stability crap, they still fail to handle anything like their real life counterparts for the most part. Polyphony Digital has NO IDEA what real cars handle like. OF COURSE this could all be because I'm using a controller instead of their $200 force-feedback steering wheel(which is probably the case...) If they tuned the cars to only handle correctly when using a steering wheel, then they're idiots. Most people don't have full steering setups.

I can't stand playing GT3 or 4 with the stupid shoulder buttons instead of triggers like the XBOX. The Playstation controller is worthless for racing games, and is the primary reason I won't buy a PS3. That and all the good racing games are on 360, but that is beside the point...

Also, what the hell is wrong with the physics engine in this game? Everything feels so loose and wobbly, like I'm disconnected from the car. Why can't I do real burnouts? Why is there nothing resembling tire marks or smoke? I have never seen so many cars understeer in my life! Whoever thought the engine notes in the game were good needs to be shot and quartered. They jacked the engine and exhaust notes of nearly every car in the game up, and to top it all off, they are all tinny and weak sounding. Example: 454 SS Chevelle with full exhaust sounds like a vacuum cleaner, and has an imperceptible amount of rumble to its bark. When is the last time you heard a big block and it had no bass to the exhaust? Never. They spent no time whatsoever making any attempt at making the cars sound like the real things. Hell, even GT2 had better engine sounds...

And what the hell is with their horsepower ratings? I've got that SIlverado SS concept pumped up all the way, around 1000hp, and its slow as ****. When is the last time you saw ANYTHING with 1000hp that was slow as **** and not a snow plough? I ******* hate this game!

I used to be a fan back when GT1&2 were the hottest thing out, but since Forza 1 came out(not a perfect game by any means, but a MASSIVE step towards making a better racing simulator) I've switched sides, most likely for good. Until the Polyphony Digital guys realize their game isn't as perfect as they think it is, I won't be going back. Phooey.

I'll be sticking with Microsoft this time...

They can actually get the feel of ALL cars right, not just Japanese FWDs...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

They look very nice.

Im actually hyped up for this game since it seems like TDU alot except it has more modding and is in L.A.Hopefully is not that arcady.

Also to the guy above me,most games specially PGR3 etc except maybe forza didn't get handling right for the cars since their arcade games...even forza probably didn't get it right but I still think is the best.

GT4 had like 700 cars or something lol what do you expect.

BTW Sega GT OWNZ...not the best simulator but it was really fun.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Hydramatic;9212939]

And what the hell is with their horsepower ratings? I've got that SIlverado SS concept pumped up all the way, around 1000hp, and its slow as ****. When is the last time you saw ANYTHING with 1000hp that was slow as **** and not a snow plough?
QUOTE]

toyota supra? haha
Old 04-23-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by El es one
They look very nice.

Im actually hyped up for this game since it seems like TDU alot except it has more modding and is in L.A.Hopefully is not that arcady.

Also to the guy above me,most games specially PGR3 etc except maybe forza didn't get handling right for the cars since their arcade games...even forza probably didn't get it right but I still think is the best.

GT4 had like 700 cars or something lol what do you expect.

BTW Sega GT OWNZ...not the best simulator but it was really fun.
I know I know, but seriously, the way they just kinda slapped the **** together is pathetic. Ask anyone about the musclecars in the game...simply atrocious. GT4 also is the only game on the planet where you can get a Camaro SS LS1 with 250 lb/ft of torque from the factory.

Did I mention the Camaros are not tail happy whatsoever in Gran Turismo? I have a very hard time getting any of mine to rotate. In Forza, you give any Camaro gas and some steering angle, and you are doing smoky donuts...just like in real life. I also don't like how downshifting doesn't slow you down nearly as much as it should in Gran Turismo. I don't get how race drivers can say PD got the GT games "right" when most of their cars don't handle anything like the real things, don't sound anything like the real things...the list goes on.

Sega GT was fun as ****! I really miss that carozzeria feature, no matter how flawed it was! The steering was super-twitchy though...don't sneeze!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Yeah that black Camaro with the dark grey wheels looks pretty badass ...we need a real life version of that one.

Quick Reply: Camaro and Challenger Appear in Midnight Club: Los Angeles Game