Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Wagoner and Lutz Outline GM's Latest Turnaround Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by Z Fury
That's what I was thinking. I'll look into buying today or tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
Welcome. It's up yet again today (up roughly $3.50/share over the last two days) but I'm sure there will still be a some pullback again soon, it won't just keep going straight back up so I would maybe wait a few days if you're looking to get it for the cheapest possible price (which is usually very hard to do LOL).
Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Awake455
They can't ignore crossovers, trucks, & SUVs...but they do need to figure out how to make them a lil less thirsty...and not expect to survive & profit from one type of vehicle.
They need to cut the majority of them. They do not need to be selling them throughout all their brands and making numerous rebadges of the same thing. That's one huge issue that is sinking this company, it's much to overreliant on trucks and truck things. All trucks, SUVs and crossover sales have literally evaporated in three months. The market certainly is ignoring them now.

What is GM's turnaround plan? Introducing even more new SUV-crossover things. Where's the compact cars? Oh, the Cobalt will do for now. No Beat for the US and no Cruze anytime soon.

Is there any doubt why this company is about to go bust?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TriShield
And you can't wait for it.

Like I said in another thread......
Old 07-17-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrkPhynx
And you can't wait for it.

Like I said in another thread......
And like I said in another thread...
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gm makes good cars, but they do alot of stupid ****. Anyone have any idea why they canceled the Monte Carlo. I have one as my second car (had it before my z28) Car has 177,000 miles on it and still looks and drives awesome. They always get what i feel like is a good car *F-body* then i swear they just get bored with it and they cancel it. If they cancel the new camaro, i hope they go out of business!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by TriShield
Well, yeah, there is PLENTY of doubt...especially when one considers that they ARE NOT going bust. LOL

By the way, GM's stock price, though quite beaten down over the last few months of course, has increased over $4.00 per share (cracked over $13.00 again today) from it's lows set just over the last three trading days.

The rough waters may not be over just yet but GM (as well as Ford) is not going out of business.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with GM is they are Reactive & not Proactive..The Volt won't be here for another 2 years. Like I said, I can't believe Lutz & Wagoner are still employed..Who is Wagoner's Boss anyway?

Quick Reply: Wagoner and Lutz Outline GM's Latest Turnaround Plan