Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Porsche accuses Nissan of cheating at Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008 | 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Umm, considering all the independent tests both you and chrissy posted, I'm right.

Sorry :/

I'm not even bashing your fanboy dedication either, I'm just saying the GTR isn't as fast as Nissan wanted everyone to believe (Prime example being the review posted by chrissy a few pages back)

Sorry the truth is a joke pal

LOL, you're seriously a joke... Let's see... You said,

Originally Posted by Gaunt
IN SUMMATION:

The GT-R is fast, but not as fast as Nissan wanted us to believe.

Thread is over, move along people.

Who the **** ever said I disagreed, you poor dumbass? I posted this MYSELF:

Originally Posted by bboyferal
The GTR is still, by INDEPENDENT tests, the faster car, just not by the margin we thought.
I agree with you, idiot. When I said you're a joke it wasn't because I disagreed... It was because of your lowly, interweb swagger... Your poor attempt at a "cool" post. It made me laugh... It's comedic genius I tell you... Please, at your expense, continue to be amusing.

"Forum law" says there is always a user in a long thread, usually a noob with poor reading skills, who will enter late in the discussion, post something they think is "witty" although it's already been posted, and declare the thread over, like they have any kind of clout or something... These people are jokes you see.
Old 10-05-2008 | 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spoolin
That's RETARDED, It's obvious you've never been to Japan and have seen FnF a few too many times.
Way to make a ludicrous generalization an proving to be an IDIOT for posting that!
Umm, you say you lived in Japan? I have for a few years and I know for a fact that they are nationalistic and slightly xenophobic. Maybe not as much as some other asian countries (like Korea especially).

You seem to think of yourself as very high and mighty on here but most of the time you are just throwing out your own opinion on things you don't even know much about.

Stating something w/o fact and then going off on people that disagree with you doesn't make you the genius of the board, it just makes you a snub ***.

Last edited by LrngCrv; 10-05-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2008 | 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

this thread is starting to get crazy, the GTR isn't capable of 7:29 times on the ring, end of story. Is it faster than other cars, sure, but it isn't in ZR1 or ACR territory on the ring. I simply lose respect for a company when they try **** like this, be it that its a japanese car manufacturer where these kinds of things have happened before just validates my dislike for their ethics. Comparing it to a ZO6, GT3, etc is many threads ago and is beating a dead horse. People on this board just want to reaffirm (myself included) where we stood, especially for some of us who called BS on the 7:29 time.
Old 10-06-2008 | 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
I'm just saying the Japanese, just like the Germans, have one hell of a superiority complex...
So do we genius. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
No, I've never been to Japan. I never claimed I had been. I don't have to to recognize a general snobby attitude amongst many of their executives and citizens...
WRONG again ********! First hand experience goes a long way when making brash statements such as you have, it's apparent you don't have any true experience with that culture apart from the locals who run the quicky-mart at your school, which ironically are most likely Korean. Judging a people from the safety of home is alot easier than judging them from their own backyard. Go to middle east and see for yourself if they are anything like what you expected...my guess is you'll gain a new appreciation for them.

Originally Posted by LrngCrv
Umm, you say you lived in Japan? I have for a few years and I know for a fact that they are nationalistic and slightly xenophobic. Maybe not as much as some other asian countries (like Korea especially).
Way to miss the topic of conversation buddy!! Show me where I said they weren't Nationalistic or even xenophobic? Probably have a hard time since I never did. I have no problem with the first part of Hydramatic's statement that I quoted...it's the last part that made me .
Like LS1LT1 pointed out, were just as proud of our products as the next country, but from past discussions with Hydrogenuis, I've come to realize he likes to regurgatate everything that he hears without researching things first or finding things out for himself and therefore tends to spread misinformation.

You seem to think of yourself as very high and mighty on here but most of the time you are just throwing out your own opinion on things you don't even know much about.
There are quite a lot of things that I don't know much about least of all is other cultures. I've been fortunate to of been to over 54 countries, one of which is in fact japan which I've visited approximately 18 times in the past 5 years so I feel I have solid ground to stand on when basing opinions on things I've observed on my own and deciphered for myself. And from what little I've seen the japanese are the furthest culture to be labeled as a bunch of untrustworthy lairs. Wouldn't you agree?

Stating something w/o fact and then going off on people that disagree with you doesn't make you the genius of the board, it just makes you a snub ***.
Fine than I'm a snub ***! Because I think a moron who claims a race of people who feel they are superior (which I am not debating but have you looked at ourselves objectively lately?) are also perceived as LIARS?? Since you have also been there and lived there please tell me if I am incorrect. Whether or not I'm right on going off on Hyromatic is another issue altogether I'm sure.
Old 10-06-2008 | 04:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
...Is (the GTR) faster than other cars, sure, but it isn't in ZR1 or ACR territory on the ring...Comparing it to a ZO6, GT3, etc is many threads ago and is beating a dead horse...

Agreed!
Old 10-06-2008 | 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Well I must have a lot in common with Japanese citizens because I TOO have a lot of pride in my great nation and it's products/services as well, though I would never lie nor stretch the truth in trying to convince others of this.
Agreed, and having worked for A Japanese OEM, they did have the superiority thing going, but not as bad as the Germans. Realistically, we are still at war with these countries, it's just an economic one.
Old 10-06-2008 | 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought this was a discussion about the GTR? Apparently the times they claimed are bogus.
Old 10-06-2008 | 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I thought this was a discussion about the GTR? Apparently the times they claimed are bogus.

Your right, getting carried away!

Well, considering there is no "set" criteria on how a manufacturer conducts their test around the ring, you really can't say Nissan cheated at anything. Whose standard do they test to? Their own. It was a development vehicle. They most likely used whatever components and tuning they needed to satisfy their goal. Not Porsches, MB or GMs.

When I was conducting tire development tests at Nissan I used what ever tire I needed to achieve the goal of the test. If it was a slick to be use as a reference tire against a production tire, so be it. Apparently, In this case it may be a little different since they were using the ring to generate interest in the GTR. It definitely achieved that goal!

it's apparent you don't have any true experience with that culture apart from the locals who run the quicky-mart at your school, which ironically are most likely Korean.
Spoolin-San, What a un-pc statement. You know its the Arubians that own all of the Quicky-Marts.
Old 10-06-2008 | 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

WRONG again ********!
Way to miss the topic of conversation buddy!!
I think you brought it up again for me!

Fine than I'm a snub ***!
OK!

p.s. For the record, I think Japanese are awesome people, super polite, etc. but I don't know if I really completely disagree with what Hydramatic said. Although the middle east comment had me rolling... everyone sees something different.
Old 10-06-2008 | 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

WRONG again ********! First hand experience goes a long way when making brash statements such as you have, it's apparent you don't have any true experience with that culture apart from the locals who run the quicky-mart at your school, which ironically are most likely Korean. Judging a people from the safety of home is alot easier than judging them from their own backyard. Go to middle east and see for yourself if they are anything like what you expected...my guess is you'll gain a new appreciation for them.

Way to miss the topic of conversation buddy!! Show me where I said they weren't Nationalistic or even xenophobic? Probably have a hard time since I never did. I have no problem with the first part of Hydramatic's statement that I quoted...it's the last part that made me .
Like LS1LT1 pointed out, were just as proud of our products as the next country, but from past discussions with Hydrogenuis, I've come to realize he likes to regurgatate everything that he hears without researching things first or finding things out for himself and therefore tends to spread misinformation.

There are quite a lot of things that I don't know much about least of all is other cultures. I've been fortunate to of been to over 54 countries, one of which is in fact japan which I've visited approximately 18 times in the past 5 years so I feel I have solid ground to stand on when basing opinions on things I've observed on my own and deciphered for myself. And from what little I've seen the japanese are the furthest culture to be labeled as a bunch of untrustworthy lairs. Wouldn't you agree?

Fine than I'm a snub ***! Because I think a moron who claims a race of people who feel they are superior (which I am not debating but have you looked at ourselves objectively lately?) are also perceived as LIARS?? Since you have also been there and lived there please tell me if I am incorrect. Whether or not I'm right on going off on Hyromatic is another issue altogether I'm sure.
Dude, you are an idiot. I like how you think you know everything about me when you've never even met me. Funny stuff, really.

I DO look at myself, and my country, and I don't consider us anywhere NEAR perfect, so the next time you spout off your garbage trash-talking about other people's observations, keep it to yourself.

Another thing, you don't have to have physically visited a country to understand an attitude displayed by it's people. The fact that you think that Nissan wouldn't cover up an outright lie to make themselves look better is ABSURD. GM does it, Toyota does it, Ford Does it, Mercedes does it, Fiat does it. It's a matter of national pride not to let other countries think that your products are anything but perfection...especially with traditonally competitive countries such as Japan and Germany.

As for middle-eastern people....I am friends with a Persian family...they were thrilled to know how interested I was in their culture. Quite enlightening and most certainly engrossing.

I don't know what it is with YOU, Spoolin. You seem to think I'm a redneck of some sort, right? Not even close. I watch anime, shoot guns, listen to power metal, and keep saltwater reef tanks in my house. I hate prejudice more than you will ever know, but I recognize that it exists wherever ignorant people do.

No, it's not about this topic is it? You're still pissed about a silly discussion on twinturbo configurations from a year ago. I was wrong, and I'll admit it, but I'm not stupid enough to make the same mistake again. What I wanna know is what the beef is all about? Send me a PM.
Old 10-06-2008 | 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=Hydramatic;10237496] I hate prejudice more than you will ever know, but I recognize that it exists wherever ignorant people do.
QUOTE]

Hate to say the obvious Hydramatic, but prejudice exists in "all" people from one extent or another. It's built into us to have preconcieved ideas about people that are different from us.

Thought this was a GTR thread. Ive never driven one, but I know they stomped by some good ol American Iron!

Last edited by TT632; 10-06-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2008 | 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL, I told myself I wouldn't feed the racism bullshit,

but here's a quick lesson as someone who teaches English to Hispanics, Europeans, Hatians, and Americans:

Once you say: "The thing about the (insert culture/race) people is that alot of them are ______"

Just stop right there... What follows will be STUPID.

This is the only scene that will conjure up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_...eature=related

dailydriver I suspect plays around alot, but PLEASE, back to the good 'Ring GTR discussion.
Old 10-06-2008 | 09:35 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by TT632
Realistically, we are still at war with these countries, it's just an economic one.
EXACTLY.
In the last big war with these nations the U.S. fought proud and fought hard.
But unfortunately this time around this great nation of ours is BLATANTLY surrendering as a whole. Those late WWII veterans who fought so well/sacrificed so much for the current generation TO EVEN BE ABLE TO HAVE THE FREEDOM TO BUY A CAR today must be rolling over in their graves at how otherwise honest and loyal American citizens are flocking to the likes of Honda/Toyota/Nissan/BMW etc.

But at least my conscience is clear.
Old 10-06-2008 | 09:38 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Lightbulb

LOL, I told myself I wouldn't feed the racism bullshit,

but here's a quick lesson as someone who teaches English to Hispanics, Europeans, Hatians, and Americans:

Once you say: "The thing about the (insert culture/race) people is that alot of them are ______"

Just stop right there... What follows will be STUPID.

This is the only scene that will conjure up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_...eature=related

dailydriver I suspect plays around alot
Careful now, having a strong sense of nationalism and American pride DOES NOT automatically make someone a racist.
Old 10-06-2008 | 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TT632
You know its the Arubians that own all of the Quicky-Marts.
I think you mean Arabians rather than Arubians but yes you are correct, there is a high concentration of Quicky marts that are owned and run by Arabians.
Old 10-07-2008 | 07:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Careful now, having a strong sense of nationalism and American pride DOES NOT automatically make someone a racist.
No it does it not... Why are you telling me this? Did I indicate or imply otherwise? Are you just randomly spewing out advice or factoids? Don't waste it on me.

Read my post again... Nowhere did I link patriotism with having to be racist... I have a strong sense of nationalism... You should see what I do to little punks in my class that slouch during the morning's Pledge... I've almost lost my job... Btw, fact is many of these little punks are little Caucasian kids.

BTW, since there is no link, you can be one or the other... Many patriotic Americans might be non-racist, many might be racist too... One thing's got nothing to do with the other. Some Americans are neither patriotic NOR non-racist... They don't do anything ACTIVELY for this country (promoting American goods on online forums doesn't count... It doesn't make stocks go up that night) AND they are racist...

Some of you all are REALLY revealing a lack of the presence of cultivation... Please, let's drop this... Pretty please with sugar on top.
Old 10-07-2008 | 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

I think you mean Arabians rather than Arubians but yes you are correct, there is a high concentration of Quicky marts that are owned and run by Arabians.
Naw, Around here their all from Aruba.
Old 10-07-2008 | 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it seems as if this thread has taken a tagent far away from cars.
At anyrate, I don't think the GTR is going to be what everyone thought it was. Period.
Regardless if Nissan Cheated or not isn't even an issue anymore.
I see the transmissions are already breaking and trap speeds of 115 MPH in the 1320 don't sound to hot for a car that is that heavy and that pricey. Just my take on it.
Old 10-07-2008 | 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

dailydriver I suspect plays around alot, but PLEASE, back to the good 'Ring GTR discussion.
bboy;

PLEASE explain the above, as in, WHAT EXACTLY are you implying with "plays around"??
You claim to be soooo highly intelligent and 'tolerant', yet are hair trigger quick to condemn, vilify, and label persons you've NEVER met.

You might just be SHOCKED to find out just how radically different I am from the 'ignorant, bigoted redneck' image you seem to have of me due to my inanimate object brand preferences, and wanting U.S./domestic brand protection (which goes against right wing ideology anyway, in case you did not know that fact).
In fact, IF you knew the truth, YOU might be the one who seems/looks/appears to be the close minded, right wing redneck!!

Yes, sorry, back to your GTR worship, oops, sorry, I mean discussion.
But I just could NOT let that one slide (you almost sounded like the old Pissy Chrissy there!)!!!
Old 10-07-2008 | 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dailydriver
bboy;

PLEASE explain the above, as in, WHAT EXACTLY are you implying with "plays around"??
You claim to be soooo highly intelligent and 'tolerant', yet are hair trigger quick to condemn, vilify, and label persons you've NEVER met.

You might just be SHOCKED to find out just how radically different I am from the 'ignorant, bigoted redneck' image you seem to have of me due to my inanimate object brand preferences, and wanting U.S./domestic brand protection (which goes against right wing ideology anyway, in case you did not know that fact).
In fact, IF you knew the truth, YOU might be the one who seems/looks/appears to be the close minded, right wing redneck!!

Yes, sorry, back to your GTR worship, oops, sorry, I mean discussion.
But I just could NOT let that one slide (you almost sounded like the old Pissy Chrissy there!)!!!
*sighs*

the Japanese really DO believe that they (and THEY alone) are the 'master race'
I gave you the benefit of the doubt, assuming this was you playing around facetiously... If that's not the case, then, damn... Whatever, not going to "label" so, my apologies... But that statement is garbage... Not of the kind I think would come from the mouth of somebody like you that I regard as intelligent.

EDIT: Wow, I totally missed this:

YOU might be the one who seems/looks/appears to be the close minded, right wing redneck!!
lol, back that up somehow... Go ahead.

What I do for a living, what I represent, the language I teach... The cultures I deal with... I'm not even gonna go into it... I have ALOT of bad qualities, my friend, but the ones you posted I DON'T have.

Last edited by bboyferal; 10-07-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche accuses Nissan of cheating at Nurburgring