Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

newbie help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie help!

whats up u guys im new to the forum and i will be soon purchasing a cts-v

what seems to be the problem with the rear ends? i wanna buy 06 & ^ bc of the 6.0

and is there anything i should know? whats all the wheel hop about?

thanks alot guys!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wheel hop is just an unfortunate characteristic of the rear suspension geometry, there are ways to help with it but you'll never fully eliminate it. To make matters worse, the support/mounting geometry for the differential is crappy so wheel hop makes diff go boombitch. Best bet is to just stay away from the dragstrip and enjoy the power, brakes and handling in a way that doesn't abuse the fragile rear. Plenty of guys out there who don't go all redneck dumping the clutch and have zero diff issues; you just don't hear about them because the guys who blow up their diffs are the ones starting threads
Old 10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this site is always good, but for caddy specifics include www.cadillacforums.com in your favorites.

The cars are great, rears are fragile under extended wheel hop, don't dump clutch, don't expect to burn em' off, enjoy not having to replace rear tires all the time, enjoy!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, we offer several parts for the cts-v. to stop the wheel hop we have the anti-wheelhop kit. Also trailing arms and toe rods. Also a big improvement is the pinion support brace. The toe rods and trailing arms have spherical bearings and are made from 1" dom steel. The pinion support has a no deflection bushing. Take a look at our site, if you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/CTS-Vpage.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: newbie help!