Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clunking noise in my rear end.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, bump to an old thread. Just broke 100,000 miles and my front diff bushing is toast along with the drive shaft cradle bushing/bearing...

I'm looking into the poly trans-mount insert from revshift and the poly front diff bushing from revshift or creative-steel. However, the tech at Cadillac is warning me against going solid poly anything because of more vibration... Even if I go with the soft "street feel" 80A, is this still going to change rider/passenger comfort?

If not, I'd feel better having a solid bushing so it doesn't go bad again. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the black mount from CS. Very little added vibes at idle only, feels mostly stock everywhere else. Feels better than stock, solid with no negatives. I don't have the diff block.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The typical caddy ppl want to ride around on a marshmallow and complain when they feel anything. We are not that crowd. If the soft mounts from cs made zero difference driving. Maybe a titled at idle but I honestly can't tell. The trans and diff bushing didn't add anything vibration wise as well for my car. Just my .02
Old 03-31-2017, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We may not be that crowd, but replacing my front with a CS RED bushing years ago did create some additional NVH noise in the cabin. Bit of a pain on long drives. But it does depend on your specific car and diff. Some will be quiet, others will be noisy.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They red yes, they flat out tell you that. The black one, no
Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The black street hardness CS diff bushing was the very first mod/fix I did to my car. It was night and day difference. The bushing I replaced was only 2 years old according to the service records and made driveability terrible when operating the clutch. The black CS bushing did not add a significant amount of noise, but my differential has been fairly modest in noise levels. I have no idea why GM specified such a soft and unsupportive bushing and continued to do so. Even a solid rubber mount would have been better and posed no more threat to the weak aluminum differential. 6 years later and no regrets.

Quick Reply: Clunking noise in my rear end.