Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Katech Shifter + New Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katech Shifter + New Brakes

Finally got a window of time to put my Hawks HP+ pads/oem rotors/ti speed titanium shims on yesterday. Then one thing led to another and we got into putting the Katech shifter in that had been laying in my garage for about 8 months now.

I was nervous to put the shifter in because we had very limited time and the instructions call for dropping the tranny and all that jazz - which is completely unnecessary. we just dropped the exhaust and proceeded. the install was a sinch with the only glitch being snapping an exhaust stud (the last one to tighten to complete the job, wouldn't you know ). but i had an extra one laying around that was to belong to the vette - but transferred into the V.

The shifter is freakin' awesome! the one thing this car was really lacking from the factory. I don't know if the V2's are any better, but I'd say they need to get Katech to supply them on the cars stock - this shifter is not too harsh in effort and has no more noise than the factory shifter. And I'm not fondling my passenger's leg when i go to shift into 5th anymore!

The brakes! OMG - your eyeballs can barely keep your brain in your skull! they really seem to work best with some heat in them - but the stopping power is AWESOME! no squeal as of yet, but i've only put about 80 miles on them so far. with the heat generated from them, however, i will likely need to upgrade to some high temp fluid and SS braided hoses.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

link to where i can buy this shifter, im tired of mine! 2-3 under full tilt is nearly impossible!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That shifter is gonna be my first mod.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always preached that basic mod order should be:

1) shifter
2) headers & tune
3) upgraded brake pads

#3 is so under rated. Our brakes are really awesome, but just upgrading the compound a bit, REALLY makes them shine. You spend just as much time slowing down as you do speeding up....why only upgrdade 50% of the equasion?

Whenever I take people for a ride in my car, they love the acceleration and sound, but are amazed by the stopping power. You should see how the car reacts to race compounds and hoosiers. Eyeballs be gone.

Great upgrades! Now get that car to the road course!

-Chris
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

yeah, it was just time for a brake job, so i wanted to upgrade the compound with some new oem rotors. brakes are awesome. Exhaust will come later - for now the mod list will remain low until i get some "economic stimulous" HaHaHa!

For the shifter - talk to Jason at Katech; he is a member of the forum - search katech in this section and you will find some info on it; but if you don't wanna:

http://www.katechengines.com/street_...tail.php?id=28