Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Test drove an 09 today

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove an 09 today

Had a chance to romp on an 09 C6 Z51 1lt, then an 09 Z06 and then an 09 CTS-V. It was nice to compare them back to back. Being 40 degrees here today, the cars were making power.
The V had 125 miles on the clock. Raven black, with all options, Recaros and the black interior, auto. I put 15 miles on it and took it up to 110 a couple times. It got there in a hurry with a full tank and three guys in the car. Turn in is nice but steering does not feel as "connected" as the vette. It's good but just a little less feedback. Once in a corner it felt more predictable than either of the vettes.
Supercharger whine was noticeable and the exhaust note was prominent and sounded fantastic. More so that I thought either would.
It is a little hard to compare acceleration with a base vette and 1/8 tank with a passenger to the V with a full tank and 3 guys in the car. I can't say which would win but both cars felt very different. I feel that the V wins out of the hole for sure and it would be close up top for mph in the 1/4. The V hooked hard and danced in and out of traffic with complete ease. It also had great brakes and pulled the car down fast and level.
All in all an amazing car. They had two on the lot and were willing to work with me but said they could even do more on the full optioned black one they have headed in that just left the factory. We'll see. I didn't commit as I have a little time to consider it.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ubervette
Had a chance to romp on an 09 C6 Z51 1lt, then an 09 Z06 and then an 09 CTS-V. It was nice to compare them back to back. Being 40 degrees here today, the cars were making power.
The V had 125 miles on the clock. Raven black, with all options, Recaros and the black interior, auto. I put 15 miles on it and took it up to 110 a couple times. It got there in a hurry with a full tank and three guys in the car. Turn in is nice but steering does not feel as "connected" as the vette. It's good but just a little less feedback. Once in a corner it felt more predictable than either of the vettes.
Supercharger whine was noticeable and the exhaust note was prominent and sounded fantastic. More so that I thought either would.
It is a little hard to compare acceleration with a base vette and 1/8 tank with a passenger to the V with a full tank and 3 guys in the car. I can't say which would win but both cars felt very different. I feel that the V wins out of the hole for sure and it would be close up top for mph in the 1/4. The V hooked hard and danced in and out of traffic with complete ease. It also had great brakes and pulled the car down fast and level.
All in all an amazing car. They had two on the lot and were willing to work with me but said they could even do more on the full optioned black one they have headed in that just left the factory. We'll see. I didn't commit as I have a little time to consider it.

So what kind of numbers were they talking?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 PM

They would honor GMS or any other dicsounts. For a car on the ground, probably 2 grand off by the sounds of our conversation. For one coming in on order, roughly 1000 over invoice. I have worked with these guys b4 so they are sweetening it up a bit and this is the general manager. Who knows what deals others might get but this is what the market is doing in NC.