Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Radio Replacement issue...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Replacement issue...

I took my car to the dealer and got the radio replaced (crappy peeling syndrome), and now my steering wheel volume controls do not work. When I push the button, it changes the source from CD to am, fm, etc. What could remedy this situation? Should I just take it back to the dealer? Or is it a programming issue?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1actsv
I took my car to the dealer and got the radio replaced (crappy peeling syndrome), and now my steering wheel volume controls do not work. When I push the button, it changes the source from CD to am, fm, etc. What could remedy this situation? Should I just take it back to the dealer? Or is it a programming issue?

If it worked before and now it doesn't, why would you not take it back?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Speaking from experience when the dealer replaced my '05 model. The dealer needs to update the Nav/Radio unit with the Tech2. As a default, the Nav units have the default CTS (non-V) software. There is a TSB on this as well but many dealers do not know about it. I had to supply the TSB to my dealership.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may be a do it your self person, but if its someone elses fault then let them pay with there valuable time to fix it and not yours!....... just take it back!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't sure if it was something that would be considered user-error or just a programming thing. Also my Competition mode does not engage when I press the TC button twice. The did do a rotation and balance of my tires, so that may be the culprit. Anyway, I was just trying to save myself a trip to the dealership, but it does look like that's gonna happen. Thanks for the info.