Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Build Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by needactsv
good job. enjoy, but stay away from the black ice.
How come? I'm sure I'd be one of few, if any, with 3 Vs.
Old 01-30-2009 | 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the billet interior pieces and how was the old interior done? Was it painted silver?
Old 01-30-2009 | 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're overlays in the old cars interior. They actually look pretty good I think.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not so much an upgrade to the car, but I think it qualifies for the thread.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

CRNKWLK awesome plate!
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking about getting WHLHOP for the V this year to match.

The only thing that sucks about the Talon plate, is I've gotten "why does your plate say Crunk Walk?" twice now.
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:20 PM

Whats the deal with these Moore Performance Intakes? I haven't seen them anywhere for sale..
Old 02-12-2009 | 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=UnsafeAtAnySpd;10951981]Living in CA while still being a MT resident made it take a while to get my plates, but here was the first pic with them (I picked up the Talon at the same time as this V):

these pictures are very familiar lol

notice the white car in the background very nice car by the way!
Old 02-13-2009 | 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1Slow4DR
Whats the deal with these Moore Performance Intakes? I haven't seen them anywhere for sale..
Those are way oldschool. One of the very first mods to come out for the '04 V's. They were just a CAI, very similar in design to the LPE CAI. The main issue with them, is the hose that passed through the cold air partition tended to get cut (partion was metal, not plstic like the LPE), and unmetered/unfiltered air would get into the engine (not good).

More Performance has snice gone out of business.

-Chris
Old 02-13-2009 | 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trukk
Those are way oldschool. One of the very first mods to come out for the '04 V's. They were just a CAI, very similar in design to the LPE CAI. The main issue with them, is the hose that passed through the cold air partition tended to get cut (partion was metal, not plstic like the LPE), and unmetered/unfiltered air would get into the engine (not good).

More Performance has snice gone out of business.

-Chris
True story. I just pulled mine off the other car and the hose is cut right after the filter.
Old 03-04-2009 | 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The stock rubber rear differential bushing sucks on these cars. It inevitably always goes bad. The one on my last car was replaced under warranty and this one went bad as well. Luckily UUC has came out with a poly replacement. I hear the typical price to have a dealer do this job out of warranty is around $400 due to having to drop a lot of things and press out the old bushing.
There's a tool 'rental' going on in the community that helps take care of this problem. So anyway, I get the tool, put the car up on ramps/stands, drop the exhaust, drop the driveshaft, drop down the diff enough to get to the bushing and get to work. First problem was somehow the bolt that holds that bushing was backwards on my car. Instead of pulling out toward the front of the car, it pulled to the rear. The halfshaft was in the way, so I couldn't get it out. I ended up just cutting it off which was a chore as well considering how tight it was up in the there. Anyway, I get that out and get a hell of a workout trying to break the bushing's metal sleeve loose. After picking up a couple steel washers to add to the tool, I was able to get it out. Here's my stocker and the UUC replacement:

As you can see, it was about shot.

I haven't gotten it all back together yet, since I was going to pull the bolt of the other car but decided to just order it from the dealer for about $4.50. I'm waiting on it now to put it all back together.
Old 03-05-2009 | 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice! When I get some $$ recouped ill be doing the bushings as well.
Old 03-06-2009 | 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this clunk being gone again. I remember when I had this bushing replaced the last time, it felt like getting a new car again not having to drive around it.

Edit: <----Finally launching!
Old 03-21-2009 | 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I also went ahead and replaced my stock strut tower brace with the BMR unit.

Before:

The comparison:

After:
Old 03-21-2009 | 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Small update. I finally got the bolt I needed and bolted everything back in (with the exception of the exhaust) and drove it around a bit to see how it felt. The clunk is gone again which is most definitely nice. Also, driving around town with nothing but headers and hi-flow cats was fun! I even stopped by the dealer since I need the updated firmware flash for my nav. That **** is LOUD!
Also, to get ready for the summer and the track (first day is the 19th of April. I'm so excited!), I decided to go ahead and swap out my oil, trans and diff fluids. So on the way from Amsoil I have coming:

Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil : Case of (4) gallon bottles
2 Absolute Efficiency Oil Filters (one is for the Talon)
Torque-Drive Synthetic Transmission Fluid: 1 GALLON
SEVERE GEAR 75W-90 Synthetic EP Lubricant: (1) quart bottle
Slip Lock Differential Additive: (1) 4-OZ. BOTTLE
AMSOIL Hand Pump for Bottles
Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube (75W-90) API GL-4 : 1 QUART (for the Talon)

I also need to pick up some new pads so I'm going to order Hawk HP+ for the front and HPS for the rears on Monday. The 19th of April will be here before I know it. AND I still need to buy a helmet. I need to go figure out my size and hope it's a medium so I can pick up this in flat black:
http://www.saferacer.com/bell-x-15-h...?productid=380
Old 03-21-2009 | 02:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A couple more small updates...

Being that Amsoil has more detergents than Mobil 1, I went ahead and Seafoamed the car again. One full can in the gas tank, 2/3 can in the crankcase and the rest through the vacuum lines via the brake booster line back there:

Wasn't much of a smoke show. A little more than this while driving, but fairly clean:

The UPS guy brought me about 48 lbs of lube today.

(The Motul came separate)

I haven't had a chance to change any fluid yet. I go on alert tomorrow so hopefully Sunday afternoon or Monday.
Old 03-24-2009 | 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm about halfway through my fluids change right now. First I did the rear differential...

First it went up on the ramps (I can get the rear tires on them, but there isn't clearance in the front which sucks):

The V banner in the background :

Off came the fill plug and drain plugs:

Look at all the junk stuck to the drain plug:

This doesn't look good...:

The replacement and the color that the fluid should be:

The drain plug all cleaned up and filling 'er back up:

Old 03-24-2009 | 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After a quick drive to get temps back up, it was time for the transmission. Other than the pain of putting the car up on jack stands (I want a lift sooo bad. This gets old) it's a pretty easy job. Take off the fill plug, pull off the temp sensor clip, remove the temp sensor and let it drain. That was looking pretty bad as well. Granted there was still maybe a half a quart of gear oil still in the pan, but the other 4 quarts was the trans fluid (the red is new stuff that dripped in):

It came out a lot faster than I was expecting and it hits the exhaust, so things got a bit messy:

And the new fluid that went in (Amsoil Torque Drive):

I took it for a spin afterward. I honestly wasn't expecting to notice any difference and was doing everything more for peace of mind than anything. That said, it seems to shift much smoother now. As in I started to drive not thinking about it and all of the sudden had a WTF moment (in a good way).
Old 03-24-2009 | 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got my brake pads in the mail today, but decided I'm going to wait until my Ti shims get here as well so I don't have to take the wheels off an extra time. They should be here next week and I'll be ready to go with this stuff:

The fronts:

And rears:
Old 03-24-2009 | 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh yeah, I also changed the oil and filter. It was fairly black from the Seafoam job.

Quick Reply: Build Thread?