Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

How to view webpages on the Navigation system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to view webpages on the Navigation system?

OK. I stumbled across this on cadillacfaq.com. Looks like it use to tell you how to get online sites on your Navigation. Here's the link to typical faq and the answers. http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/oldstyle.html It is # 30 in the list. When you click on the link it says that the site has been removed and data to follow soon??? Anyone know anything about this? Looks like maybe he posted how to do it and then got in some kind of trouble (using onstar or xm's signal)? Who knows? Help us all out. This would be badass!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Launching!

here's something I just cut and pasted off of craigslist from atlanta. 05 CTS-V info. Look a the last 3 lines...wireless connectivity and internet access capable? What does that mean, and how?

2005 Cadillac CTS-V - $22988 (RAW POWER AND LUXURY.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-1019042860@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-02-03, 11:57AM EST

CALL GEORGE FOSTER AT 678 382 1000 OR EMAIL GEORGE@CARCONNECTIONINC.COM
ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES*

* Speakers: 8
* 1st row LCD monitors: 1
* CD player
* Radio data system
* Weather band radio
* Diversity antenna
* Wireless connectivity
* Internet access capable
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

internet access is prolly no different than the bone stock V that was proclaimed to be supercharched...because all the V's are supercharged...right?

Either way I tried to do the web page thing and gave up....and no, there's no way to access the web wirelessly, the technology doesn't exist in the car....it's supposed to read web pages off a disc which seems pretty useless to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can buy an accessport and install it. Running it through the Nav screen would be very complicated I'm sure. The new Dodges and I think BMW's are equipped with them.

http://www.wirelessnwifi.com/index.p...FQMnGgodWHDb1g

You could use a laptop or something but adding an OS to our setup would be a nightmare.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if there was some kind of hack to do it(kinda like the dvd while driving), but wasn't sure since the info had been removed from the other site.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, you'd need some serious upgrades to add it to our Navi unit. But it will be standard in most cars in the next 3-4 years I bet.

Quick Reply: How to view webpages on the Navigation system?