Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

just ordered my Katech Shifter and UUC bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered my Katech Shifter and UUC bushings

i finally got around to it. i was expecting to pay over $300 but when i went to Katech's site there was a coupon and you can even order from their site now. total was $249, shipping included...i couldnt pass it up. then i ordered the UUC bushings from Luke at Lindsey for $30. so all in all i spent less than i thought i was going to. if you're thinking about getting a new shifter right now is a good time. hows the installation on the Katech?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Don't follow their instructions, they have you drop the exhaust and drive shaft I believe.

When I installed mine we dropped the exhaust but other say thats not needed. Ratchet wrenches will help olng with some grease for the bushings. Also, when you get the bushings trim the end so that it's got a little point on it so it's easier to slide.

I'd get the skip shift eliminator or a tune that eliminates it while you're at it. Wait4me's tunes eliminate the skip shift.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

i guess i wont know for sure till i look under the car but i think i already have a skip shift eliminator. i've never noticed the 1-4 shift under any circumstances. so what was the approx. time it took you to install the shifter? thanks for the tips
Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

I'm sure it's been eliminated then if it's never done it before.

It took me about 4 hrs because of tool runs. I've heard of people doing installing it from a hour and a half up to 4+ depending on tools/ability/problems.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much time does this shave off 0 to 60 and 1/4 times? This and Karrs will be one of my first mods...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

yeah, the instructions are excessive...took my buddy and me a couple of hours to put it in. we could've been more efficient, but beer breaks have to account for something.

Quick Reply: just ordered my Katech Shifter and UUC bushings