Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

will exhaust void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will exhaust void warranty?

Will an aftermarket exhaust void warranty?

specifically magnaflow w/ xpipe and cut outs? possibly a set of kooks headers as well...

let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Launching!

It will void your exhaust warranty!!!! Imagine that!
It will not void any other warranty unless it could be linked to your exhaust. If your transmission goes out, you have nothing to worry about...etc.
Look into the magnuson-moss warranty act. It spells it out for you. They can not void your entire warranty because you changed something on the vehicle.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Launching!

If they try to void your warranty you smack them on the nose and yell "NO!". You proceed to take the Magnuson-Moss Act that you printed out and throw it in there face.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through this too, and i was told things like CAI, exhaust, shifter will not void your warranty. They do however void your warranty on that ITEM. IE; they will not replace your K&N CAI or aftermarket shifter if you replace it and it fails... exhaust isnt covered anyways. (which makes it so confusing... because people dont use the same terminology)

Now, if its deemed that those items CAUSED the problem... they can deny your claim. IE: you install the shifter wrong and cause damage to the transmission that is directly related to the aftermarket shifter... they could deny it.

They cannot void the warranty on your readend going out if you have CAI and exhaust. Yes its increaded HP, but not enough to cause the damage... but this is where things get tricky. The more you mod the better case they have to deny your claim. So once you change something its up to your dealer to make the call, and they can deny your claim. From there you have to take it up with the warranty people and hope they side with you. Unfortunately there isnt anything in black and white (ive been searching for a month)... everything is at the dealers discression.

Quick Reply: will exhaust void warranty?