Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New Dyno Tune Great Results!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009 | 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default New Dyno Tune Great Results!

Just got my dyno tune (from a vendor here) looked at and re-tuned by Pro Dyno Tech in Crawfordsville, IN. The numbers seem VERY generous but they did manage to get me 15whp/18wtq over the previous tune! They also turned off some of the nannies that the other tuner left in and it feels like a completely different, much stronger car now!

My go fast mods are Kooks Long Tubes with high flow cats, a K&N CAI, and a Magnaflow Cat-Back with X-Pipe.

Here are the charts, red is from the first tune, blue/black is from the second. What do you guys think?

Old 03-29-2009 | 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice tweak by your tuner, Ted!

Where are you going from here? I mean, everybody's always prowling for their next power mod. Got any ideas?
Old 03-29-2009 | 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rand49er
Nice tweak by your tuner, Ted!

Where are you going from here? I mean, everybody's always prowling for their next power mod. Got any ideas?
Probably looking at some nitrous. I am still trying to decide if the nitrous interface that comes with the HSW kits will really work with my NA tune or not. I would like to run a 100 shot.
Old 03-29-2009 | 06:26 PM
Launching!

I say spray it! You'll love it. Best bang for the buck ever!!!
Old 03-29-2009 | 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SkullV
Probably looking at some nitrous. I am still trying to decide if the nitrous interface that comes with the HSW kits will really work with my NA tune or not. I would like to run a 100 shot.
I installed an HSW kit in a buddy's T/A a couple weeks ago, and was quite pleased with how the control interface works. So much so that I have since sold the NX kit that I had laying around "waiting" to go into either my CTS-V or C5... if I do decide to spray either one, I'm going to buy the HSW kit. Lots of features that are relatively easy to program and adjust. Of course the 100 shot really woke his car up, too! Plus the kit with all the add-ons that I would want is reasonably priced. (controller, purge, heater, blow down tube, etc. etc.)
Old 03-29-2009 | 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Higgs
I installed an HSW kit in a buddy's T/A a couple weeks ago, and was quite pleased with how the control interface works. So much so that I have since sold the NX kit that I had laying around "waiting" to go into either my CTS-V or C5... if I do decide to spray either one, I'm going to buy the HSW kit. Lots of features that are relatively easy to program and adjust. Of course the 100 shot really woke his car up, too! Plus the kit with all the add-ons that I would want is reasonably priced. (controller, purge, heater, blow down tube, etc. etc.)
Was it a wet or dry shot, and was he already tuned for NA? I am just worried that since the tuner put some timing into it that it will blow with the spray.
Old 03-29-2009 | 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like they did a great job with the tune. Your car sounded great and was super clean! I am going to get my a/f ratio fixed, add a couple more small mods, and try it again.

Quick Reply: New Dyno Tune Great Results!