Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

The White House FIRED GM'S CEO.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Claimslngr
Here is something else to consider in this debate. This is not the first story on this but, it was in today's news.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...d-foreign-cars

If your own workers will not support you who will? This is from a lifelong GM guy with 3 cars and 1 marine engine in the garage right now.
They're probably pictures of the vistors lot. lol

Last edited by Slithering_Joe; 04-07-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Here is something else to consider in this debate. This is not the first story on this but, it was in today's news.

If your own workers will not support you who will? This is from a lifelong GM guy with 3 cars and 1 marine engine in the garage right now.

since thats warren tech. center theres a very good chance those are cars being used for comparison testing against domestics by engineers, prolly taking those jap cars to milford proving grounds right now to fiind out what piles of **** they are !... manufactures trade cars back and forth for this all the time... you guys ever read that article about the 9 or so toyota execs. that are now in prison for covering up recalls and other saftey violations? hell thats one way to stay competative dont issues costly recalls!

and whats my union done for me? besides the honest wages, and FAIR contracts? well theres health care that rivals that of welfare rats.... safe work practices.... job security, for now... global manufacturing system (gms) etc.

and the 2007 national agreements were our union concessions, for the record... lets let them have a chance to work before we rape the union yet again with more demands. now if we could just get salaried to take a hit for once... maybe take some more money from the 5000+ gm execs. that make over 1million a year? that 3% pay cut most had to take doesnt make me feel any better after having 5% taken from my much much smaller wages and i actually do value added work to the car which gets sold for profit!!.... and besides we havent got a raise since 95' contract and that was back when gm was posting huge earnings.

9/11 hit and gas went sky high, (still trying to figure out why, and i no the whole "demand" excuse is b.s.) way to fast, and everyone wants gm to change over night from the trucks and suv's, that EVERYONE WANTED AND COULDNT GET ENOUGH OF mind you...and ontop of that good quality models take UP TO 8 years to engineer and go into production, and gm is expected to do it in an instant... but look and the good job gm has done already, with our crossovers that china cant get enough of! then you have the malibu, escalades that get 20+ mpg, and have you ever heard of a car called the volt?

and also for the record anyone who is union has the option to not pay union dues at anytime and still retain there job....

and as for my sig. its stands... the south are TRADERS... most traded $170,000$ in tax payer money per 1, 14$ an hour job. thats good economics right there....

and i wont even start on the banking segment...

theres my rant let the disecting begin!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Launching!

A friend says that those are suppliers and contractors cars. There is no GM employees left!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Teching In

My statement has nothing to do with unions that is a different topic, my point was that all of these cars are not just loaners these most likely are employees cars. There have also been stories written on a Ford plant I believe where Ford said if it isn't a Ford you can't park in the employee parking. If my memory serves me the union had a fit, but couldn't fight it because it wasn't covered in the contract.

Simply stated if the employees won't drive them why should we have either the unions or the government tell us we should then? Remember I have supported GM since I was old enough to spend my own money (my Dad was a Ford Man?!)
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

There may be more to it than just that someone won't drive GM (or Ford, or Chrysler). Maybe they had the car before they got the job. Maybe they are there for testing. Maybe they are visitor's cars. The nice thing about living in America is that we have the freedom to make choices, such as what to drive, where to live, etc.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jon05CTSV
... The nice thing about living in America is that we have the freedom to make choices, such as what to drive, where to live, etc.
Agree. Beautiful thing huh? As long as someone doesn't screw that up.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Obama admin is sending 15 people to Detroit for two weeks to aid GM. This car company must be important as none were sent to Chrysler but were given $4b and the end of the month to join with Fiat.

What gets me on the quality front is Toyota is basically happy to see GM restructure as Big O set aside $5b for suppliers, same suppliers that domestic and Japs use! I guess Big O supports the Japs too!

Quick Reply: The White House FIRED GM'S CEO.