Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTSV or SRT8 Charger or Pont G8

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PsiHigh
you should stick to one color lipstick, cuz my d*k is starting to look like a rainbow, son.

Now that is some funny shiat!!!!!!

BTW, buy the G8 or the GXP, or whatever they are called, as with GM shutting them down, the Pontiacs will all be collector items in a few years.
Also, a little prejudiced because I have a V1, but that side shot of the G8 resembles an Altima, just my opinion.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

yea so I just heard bought pontiac, really though G8 is a great car for the price... at this point thou I would never buy one.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Yeah...the G8 is gonna be about as collectible as a fireo, I really wanted a G8 when they first debuted but after seeing all the V6's running around and what not, they really just don't do it for me...I wish they would've made the V8's look different..really don't like cars where the top version looks just like the base....but out of the three you listed I'd go with the CTS-V
Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ That's the case with the caddy too.
The 2.8L V6, 3.2L V6, 3.6L V6 & the 5.7/6.0L V8 CTSes all look very similar, sans a $120 piece of mesh.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
^^ That's the case with the caddy too.
The 2.8L V6, 3.2L V6, 3.6L V6 & the 5.7/6.0L V8 CTSes all look very similar, sans a $120 piece of mesh.
No different bumpers different sideskirts ... badges that stick out with a brand label that displayes the vett family colors and overall badassery. So you sir are being facetious
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brentman2007
No different bumpers different sideskirts ... badges that stick out with a brand label that displayes the vett family colors and overall badassery. So you sir are being facetious
Dont forget the wheels and the huge brakes also!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brentman2007
Brent, We've both been in the CTS community for years. To someone like me or you, the V stands out much more clearly. Why? We look for the bigger lower grille, the 6lugs, the brakes, the second line in the rear bumper.
But at quick glance or in passing, that stuff isn't always noticeable.
Even up close, at the ******* track last week, someone thought that Steve (from CF's) non-V CTS was a V. ..and Steve's car is a bone stock 3.6L.

You had a 3.2L CTS that had a V converstion, so you know first hand how similar the two cars are aesthetically. What was it? 700 bucks for bumper & upper/lower grilles? Boom. That easy.

They're pretty similar in a lot ways & aesthetically aren't all that different to 9/10 people who see one on the interstate. That's all I'm saying.

Read my first post in this thread (post #38, i think). CTS>G8>Magnum

-T.C.K.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

They're pretty similar in a lot ways & aesthetically aren't all that different to 9/10 people who see one on the interstate. That's all I'm saying.
-T.C.K.
I agree with this but I think more people don't notice a difference because only 2% of the population even knows that there is a V series caddy.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad
I agree with this but I think more people don't notice a difference because only 2% of the population even knows that there is a V series caddy.
Most people, and many car enthusiasts are ignorant regarding the V. I remember within a few months of buying mine, some pimply kid was trying to impress his friend by telling him the 'V' emblem on the side of my car to denote the V-12 engine,,, dipstick!!! I also 'stole' the show at a BMW meet where about 30 bimmers were, as none of them had ever seen a V, nor knew of its power, and this happened in late 2006.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Most people, and many car enthusiasts are ignorant regarding the V. I remember within a few months of buying mine, some pimply kid was trying to impress his friend by telling him the 'V' emblem on the side of my car to denote the V-12 engine,,, dipstick!!! I also 'stole' the show at a BMW meet where about 30 bimmers were, as none of them had ever seen a V, nor knew of its power, and this happened in late 2006.
Yors didn't come with the optional V-12? That sucks
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Banned

i'll agree that the majority of the general "stoopit" public has no clue cadillac has a v series. alot of folk always ask, "was that a hard conversion to put a v8 in that car"?

Sooooooo phukkin stttttooooooopid these people are, and i say, "it was pretty hard", as why ruin thier fantasy, as we know the reality. being humble is cool!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Brent, We've both been in the CTS community for years. To someone like me or you, the V stands out much more clearly. Why? We look for the bigger lower grille, the 6lugs, the brakes, the second line in the rear bumper.
But at quick glance or in passing, that stuff isn't always noticeable.
Even up close, at the ******* track last week, someone thought that Steve (from CF's) non-V CTS was a V. ..and Steve's car is a bone stock 3.6L.

You had a 3.2L CTS that had a V converstion, so you know first hand how similar the two cars are aesthetically. What was it? 700 bucks for bumper & upper/lower grilles? Boom. That easy.

Read my first post in this thread (post #38, i think). CTS>G8>Magnum

-T.C.K.
Your right... You always are right LOL but very true But lately more and more people know the V is the one with the "corvette engine", Or ask me "Is that the Racing Cadillac" infact I have had 4 people this week ask those two questions either or.

But yes I agree with your point ... People are clueless but those people dont matter to me unless its a hawt chick and she still knows its a cadillac and it sounds fast .....

and for the record I had to spell check facetious LOL
Old 04-28-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad
Yors didn't come with the optional V-12? That sucks
I will need pics of your V-12, and don't be putting a pair of 3.2L side-by-side.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

So I finally got to test drive a V2 today, and I have to say its really hard to not buy it now for 62K new instead of waiting for another 6-8 months and buying it used for 45-50K (I just saw a couple on autotrader going for as low as 53K). Its like Im trying to convince my wife but trying to convince myself at the same time, if that makes sense.

Last edited by idoitforv; 04-28-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadcad
I will need pics of your V-12, and don't be putting a pair of 3.2L side-by-side.

It was a V16, I was think of my aston martin not the caddy. I don't have any install pics and I broke my camera so I can't ever take any. Just take my word on it.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the G8 rims, and they got the stance right. Im not big on the design, sort of reminds me of a GTO but with 4 doors.

Quick Reply: CTSV or SRT8 Charger or Pont G8