Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

First life after 7 months!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First life after 7 months!!!!

Just thought I'd post this up. Tell me what you think. The car is going to the muffler shop in a few days but thought I'd have a little fun anyway. Car is very rich. I really need a tune now. It was cutting out really badly but after a few passes down the drive way it seemed to clear up a lot. But it really needs a tune! Mods are in my sig.
YouTube - 04 CTS-V first life after maggie and forged bottom end
YouTube - 04 CTS-V madden voyage after maggie and forged bottom end
Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds good.
You going to have Ed Wright out of Tulsa do the tune?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sounds sooo mean just idling. cant wait to see the dyno sheet after the tune.. How much did this whole project set you back?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 AM
TECH Addict

The total project was about 15k but its a lot more than just the engine and maggie. I had some trans work done, wheels and tires, and plenty of other things. I stated a thread called V is nearing completion a few days ago with some pics and about everything I could think of. The thread shouldn't be to far down consider thing traffic on this site is minimal lol

I called Ed's shop a while back and they charge 600. I talked to another guy in OKC, SW tuning, I think I may end up going out there. Its only like a 1.5 hours away. It would be nice to have a local tuner but it takes literally 2 months of waiting to get in Ed's shop. There is another guy that is local that owns Arch Angel Motorsports here in Tulsa. He is a ford shop but he actually drives an LS2 CTS-V and was working on getting the stuff to start the GM line. His dad bought a C6Z06 and it was getting a head and cam swap last I was in there.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah Ed charges out the *** but I guess he's one of the best in the nation. 2 months is crazy.

Quick Reply: First life after 7 months!!!!