Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04 v vs. 04 or 05 c6 vette?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009 | 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOATDOCTOR
unfortunately yes. but it is my daily driver and i drive through the desert often so i will be looking for the best set of rf's again

Okay, simple things to git 'er done:
Fuel up with race fuel, stick some octane boost in the morning of the race, make sure TC is disengaged, not sure if you want to disengage all controls, pick the race, nothing from a dig.

I think this vendor has your NOS in a bag:
http://compucarnitrous.com/
Old 05-08-2009 | 03:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Okay, simple things to git 'er done:
Fuel up with race fuel, stick some octane boost in the morning of the race, make sure TC is disengaged, not sure if you want to disengage all controls, pick the race, nothing from a dig.

I think this vendor has your NOS in a bag:
http://compucarnitrous.com/
we will probably go to a track. so i think all i need is slicks. keep in mind his will be a rental c5 so its going to be hammered, it will have **** tires and will be bone stock! not to mention he will have an automatic so there will be no launch whatsoever.
Old 05-08-2009 | 03:30 PM
Banned

"WELP OLLIE, IT SEEMS WE'VE GOTTEN OURSELVES INTO ANOTHER PICKLE"

lol the good thing is anything can happen while drag racing, not the cts-v's stong suit
but interesting either way. slicks will not help a v (unless you want to go home on a flatbed). when is this lsx challenge going down?
Old 05-08-2009 | 03:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TopV
"WELP OLLIE, IT SEEMS WE'VE GOTTEN OURSELVES INTO ANOTHER PICKLE"

lol the good thing is anything can happen while drag racing, not the cts-v's stong suit
but interesting either way. slicks will not help a v (unless you want to go home on a flatbed). when is this lsx challenge going down?
im waiting on him. i think hes starting to back out! im willing to leave on a flat bed if thats what it takes. after all its still under warranty!
Old 05-08-2009 | 04:20 PM
Banned

at least you got steel ***** and thats just as good as winning.
why leave it to chance...?

how old is this other guy?
Old 05-08-2009 | 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOATDOCTOR
im waiting on him. i think hes starting to back out! im willing to leave on a flat bed if thats what it takes. after all its still under warranty!

You should go rent a 2009 V!!! You said you would be running him in a V, but never said which V!!!! Youd put a spankiin on him for sure!
Old 05-08-2009 | 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
You should go rent a 2009 V!!! You said you would be running him in a V, but never said which V!!!! Youd put a spankiin on him for sure!
Just go to the dealer and take a test drive. Won't the salesperson be surprised when you take a detour to the track!
Old 05-08-2009 | 11:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TopV
at least you got steel ***** and thats just as good as winning.
why leave it to chance...?

how old is this other guy?
i beleive 40?
so he has 18 years on me
Old 05-08-2009 | 11:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
lol!!! i like the way you think!
Old 05-09-2009 | 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

There's an easy and sure fire way to beat him. Just borrow my car and tell him it's yours. If he asks about the nasty whine tell him it was supercharged from the factory.

For the record- I destroyed a C5 vert from a 40 mph roll. He didn't like that I out conered him on a highway cloverleaf and looked at me in the mirror as he downshifted. There was a puff of exhaust as he gunned it and changed lanes to the left. I was already in my hammer gear (2nd at 40 mph) and I laid into it as he changed lanes. The expression on his face was priceless as the silver Caddie ripped past him putting bus lengths on him in a matter of seconds. I think I really embarassed him in front of his date
Old 05-09-2009 | 06:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Max-Q
There's an easy and sure fire way to beat him. Just borrow my car and tell him it's yours. If he asks about the nasty whine tell him it was supercharged from the factory.

For the record- I destroyed a C5 vert from a 40 mph roll. He didn't like that I out conered him on a highway cloverleaf and looked at me in the mirror as he downshifted. There was a puff of exhaust as he gunned it and changed lanes to the left. I was already in my hammer gear (2nd at 40 mph) and I laid into it as he changed lanes. The expression on his face was priceless as the silver Caddie ripped past him putting bus lengths on him in a matter of seconds. I think I really embarassed him in front of his date
haha unfortunately there is one flaw to your plan.... my car is black!!! but i would gladly drive your car!
Old 05-09-2009 | 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Max-Q
I was already in my hammer gear (2nd at 40 mph)

2nd gear at 40 mph with a maggie is hammer gear for sure. but 66 mph comes up fast, then 3rd gear is when you really start movin.
Old 05-09-2009 | 10:46 PM
Banned

i once had a difficult challenge from another man, where
we needed to decide who was the most brave.

we sat down and smoked the p-pipe and drank snake foot soup with
crooked blue mushroom salad.

after much talk about how we would settle such an important dispute.
i decided i would let him arrange the contest any way he wanted as long as he slept
on it and was not deciding based on anger but fair play. i invited him to sleep in my teepee and gave him my buffalo blanket and mink underwear as a token of my fairness.

as he lay sleeping i gutted him like a rock hyrax, later brought his body to the rivers edge
to feed the fish we harvest every new moon.

always remeber, One moves much quicker than two.

that is all i have to say. uhg!

Quick Reply: 04 v vs. 04 or 05 c6 vette?