Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

'09 CTS-V in the 11's

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 09:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS#1230
i thought "restriction" was the original issue someone brought up about the ICs.

either way, raven154 is right. the only way your going to know without a doubt is to use both style intercoolers on the same motor with the same blower and compare the the IATs and the boost.

and then you may have to figure out your definition of efficiency....one may flow better, and the other may produce a cooler charge (will the single brick heat exchanger even fit on the bigger blower or the other way around?)? nobody has given any info on the amount of liquid each IC uses or how much the pump and system flows. that is going to make a difference on how well a water-to-air IC works....oh, and how large is the heat exchanger that cools the water????

i know somebody is going to say if the air is cooler its going to give more HP, but there is a balance. i dont know exactly where it is, but a lot of warm air can give more HP than a little bit of cold air.

why is there a debate about this anyway? ditch em' and use meth......
tiny dry shot in the airbox talking 25 will cool the heatsoaked bests intake charge no tiiming pulling required if anything it will be advanced since the N20 true purpose in this appilcation is to cool intake charge....

think about it.. all you would need is a bottle amain line and the smallest jet put it inthe airbox and have an auto openener...... easyto remove for warrantee..and you'll be kicking ***

Quick Reply: '09 CTS-V in the 11's