Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

tpis headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tpis headers

what are your thoughts on tpis headers? they look nice. any recomendations or personal preferance?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I hear they are made by American Racing Now... Which is Top Quality stuff...

TPIS used to make their own, and I hear fit, and finish was not that great, so I guess they sub it out to AR
Old 05-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CtsVrod
I hear they are made by American Racing Now... Which is Top Quality stuff...

TPIS used to make their own, and I hear fit, and finish was not that great, so I guess they sub it out to AR
i just talked to a guy at tpis and he said they have new stainless headers now and are a simple install. and should gain 15 rwhp for a stock car
Old 05-29-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

now that ARH is making them, they will be manufactured top quality.

What is the price?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
now that ARH is making them, they will be manufactured top quality.

What is the price?
1200 FOR THE WHOLE KIT. cats bung extensions etc. pretty sweet kit
Old 05-29-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

The new headers are bad *** but they sill dont try to do equal length primaries like the kooks. Kooks my not be perfect but at least they try to get them all the same length. Everybody else just take the shortest route. Not a bad thing but when you have to choose between the two, I'd pick kooks.

I had the old style tpis header and they suck. Never leaked but just about worthless if you know what headers were designed to do.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

I have the old style TPIS headers, and they have been on for 75K miles with no leakes, no problems. They do produce the power.

Now for all that talk about the so-called "equal length" headers, there are few, if any, that are truly equal length. The only accurate way to measure true length is by volumne.

Now that you do have true equal length headers I think you will find they work best in a very narrow rpm range. On balance, a good long tube header will produce a wider range of power.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rey Kirkman
I have the old style TPIS headers, and they have been on for 75K miles with no leakes, no problems. They do produce the power.

Now for all that talk about the so-called "equal length" headers, there are few, if any, that are truly equal length. The only accurate way to measure true length is by volumne.

Now that you do have true equal length headers I think you will find they work best in a very narrow rpm range. On balance, a good long tube header will produce a wider range of power.
Rey you forgot your disclaimer about how you've known Myron for 8000 years, and will always promote TPiS's products.

I've been very happy with my Kooks. Stainless, an attempt at equal length, Nice venturi collector, no fitament or heat issues, etc.

I'm sure the new TPiS headers are nice as well. I'm not sure I'd go that route though, for the same price as the Kooks, which are long proven.

-Chris
Old 06-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raven154
The new headers are bad *** but they sill dont try to do equal length primaries like the kooks. Kooks my not be perfect but at least they try to get them all the same length. Everybody else just take the shortest route. Not a bad thing but when you have to choose between the two, I'd pick kooks.

I had the old style tpis header and they suck. Never leaked but just about worthless if you know what headers were designed to do.
I got my Headers from this guy for 400bucks i couldn't see spending another 600 for kooks how much would of my gains be for that price difference? i made 428rwhp 395tq with CAI/header/2.5'' shitty exhaust and UD pulley. only a 231/235 cam
Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Banned

I just orderd a set , hope they are good...

kooks seem nice but then the catch that you have to use the corse catback , and for the b&b you have to use thier catback.. F that..

Our stock exhasut is dual 2.5" pipes which is plenty as long as you upgrade the mufflers and put in a x-pipe in place of the resonator.

if your running a maggie I could see more gains from the 3" corsa, other then that its a waste of $
Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
I just orderd a set , hope they are good...

kooks seem nice but then the catch that you have to use the corse catback , and for the b&b you have to use thier catback.. F that..

Our stock exhasut is dual 2.5" pipes which is plenty as long as you upgrade the mufflers and put in a x-pipe in place of the resonator.

if your running a maggie I could see more gains from the 3" corsa, other then that its a waste of $
You don't need a corsa cat-back for kooks or a B&B for B&B. Either one mated to the stock exhaust (or any other exhaust) will involve cutting the stock exhaust just like you will have to do with the TPIS.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SkullV
You don't need a corsa cat-back for kooks or a B&B for B&B. Either one mated to the stock exhaust (or any other exhaust) will involve cutting the stock exhaust just like you will have to do with the TPIS.

from what ive read it cant be done yourself t ofit the kooks or b&B, id have to drive down to a shop and have it customized to fit ....

even when the kooks are advertized it says for corsa exhaust ?

Unless i missed something... o well
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can buy 2 different mid pipes, one adapts to the corsa and the other to the stock.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
You can buy 2 different mid pipes, one adapts to the corsa and the other to the stock.
yup, I just orderd kooks with stock catback catted conections for 1275 shipped to my door..

Gotta love ebay sometimes....

The tpis headers are 1200 shipped for NON stainless.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going with the catted kooks w/ stock catback too, still saving for them though . I'm dumping it behind the cats with the low profile electric cutouts for when I went to get a little loud though.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I'm going with the catted kooks w/ stock catback too, still saving for them though . I'm dumping it behind the cats with the low profile electric cutouts for when I went to get a little loud though.
Ya id like to get a cut out down the road to.

Cause I like my current muffler x-pipe setup, nice and mild ..

Dont want my car to be to loud.

Quick Reply: tpis headers