Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

whos running these and what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHN_DEERE_LS6
i shall no tomarrow after i locate a ******* battery that will fit the v in the lansing area... if one more jackass sells me a battery for a regular cts as oppossed to a V battery... ill be doing 15 to life for murkin someone...
Walmart has the stock size battery. 3 year warranty too!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SkullV
Walmart has the stock size battery. 3 year warranty too!
went there dint have the one i needed or tell me what one i needed in the application book thingy.. im buyin a delco tomarrow at the cadillac dealership i got kicked out of, **** it... 10% gm discount will help a bit
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

went there dint have the one i needed or tell me what one i needed in the application book thingy.. im buyin a delco tomarrow at the cadillac dealership i got kicked out of, **** it... 10% gm discount will help a bit
Walmart battery is
Everstart 78-N

Check out ctsvpart.com for others.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not bashing you JDLS6, many V owners looking for less expensive tire options these days, but cannot understand why V owners do not run with proven performance tires. The difference in price is lessened when you figure in the fun factor. There are many performance tires available for under $200/each:

http://www.tiresdirect.net/search.cfm
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, I have the Wal-Mart battery in my V for almost three years now, never an issue, and cranks it even when it sits for two weeks. Not sure who makes it, but damn reliable.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rjoffe
Walmart battery is
Everstart 78-N

Check out ctsvpart.com for others.
the part number for the optima is wrong on that page its 9078 not 8078...

i measure that battery and it measured the smae as the optima i got at auto zone that wouldnt clear my hood...

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Not bashing you JDLS6, many V owners looking for less expensive tire options these days, but cannot understand why V owners do not run with proven performance tires. The difference in price is lessened when you figure in the fun factor. There are many performance tires available for under $200/each:

http://www.tiresdirect.net/search.cfm
if i was not laid off and not owe the county i live in a mega **** ton in fines and cost from a bar fight, id have the best of the best on this car trust me
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i was not laid off and not owe the county i live in a mega **** ton in fines and cost from a bar fight, id have the best of the best on this car trust me
Good reasons, hope the US Car Industry picks up. Next time you whoop some **** in bar brawl, take their tires,,, and their women!!!---JFWY, hope the tires work for ya.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll have a flat tire and get stuck on the side of the road before I put another set of EMTs on my caddy. My $.02
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frank02L
I'll have a flat tire and get stuck on the side of the road before I put another set of EMTs on my caddy. My $.02
Agreed!!! The run-craps that were on the '05s, not RSAs, were toast at 5K miles on the rears. On my C6 I run Invos, and have a plug kit, can of Fix-a-Flat and a current AAA membership. May look into PS2 run-flats in the future, not sure of the sizes or the price, but I will never run anything Goodyear again.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

my buddy that balanced these tires played hell with them! one dint need any weights zeroed right out... one took under 2 oz's... the other 2? yeah they called for between 6 and 7 oz's! had to move them on the rims a bunch and finaly got them under 2 oz weights each.... so far i like them.. ride way better than stock tires... havent had much time in the car by myself tho, i had 2 of my "heavier" buddys with me tonight (ones 300 and the others 260)..

my wheel hop isnt near as bad tho when its jsut me in the car... barks 3rd like a champ! time will tell i guess....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Good to hear these tires worked out for you. I must just have a bad set. I’m still going to go for the Pilots for my next set though.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

im goin nitto 555's when i get back to work if im still ridin 18's... tryin to get into a set of 20 inch hre 593's hopefuly...

Quick Reply: whos running these and what do you think?