Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HSW CTS-V 78mm Plate Kit and All-Out Nitrous Accessory Kit is Here **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
Im not saying this is a for sure thing....but it is a risk you take, and that is all i was trying to get across.

reading will give you more knowledge then most give credit

COPIED FROM THE NITROUS FAQ ON THIS SITE:

IF you shut down too early and do not stop spraying early enough, the fuel/nitrous mixture can puddle up inside the intake and cause a nitrous backfire. If you have never seen one, I hope you never do. They are not pretty. I had one in my old racecar. It was a 250 shot and it blew halfway down the track. The hood was toast, the intake was split in 3 pieces, TB cracked in half and the MAF was blown away somewhere and couldnt be found. Not fun. While this isnt a common occurance, it IS possable.
MOST people do not spray like that anymore. They use window switches, WOT switches, A/f lean cutoffs and ALL sorts of other safety precautions. It's not like the F&F where you hold down a button and hope you don't miss a shift! That being said, I'm not saying its not possible to blow up...but just not as possible as it used to be.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, I know man. I had nitrous on my prior car went through over 50 bottles with no issues other than changing spark plugs every so often for safety precautions....I was just offering some info...

cant believe F&F is even being brought up....lets not go there...

good luck, lets see some pics of install and some #'s asap.

Quick Reply: HSW CTS-V 78mm Plate Kit and All-Out Nitrous Accessory Kit is Here **PICS**