Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Got rear-ended last night!!!! Wtf!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jon05CTSV
I would think twice about taking that car to Crest. Mine was fixed there right before I bought it. I am not overly impressed.
Thanks for the heads up! I will be taking it to you just as soon as I get a green light from my insurance company...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit a retread about 10 months ago and took it to the caddy dealership/body shop. They basically farted around for a week and said the adjuster wouldn't pay for alot of ****. Took it to a body shop and in 1 day they had $5000 worth of parts ordered with no problem.

I'd stay away from dealers for body work.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Eh, depends on the dealership. I generally like to think I have my stuff together, and I have always worked at dealerships.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jon05CTSV
Eh, depends on the dealership. I generally like to think I have my stuff together, and I have always worked at dealerships.
Yeah, I'm not saying the quality would have been bad. This dealership just acted like they didn't even want to work on it. The never turned a wrench, just kept putting it off until I went somewhere else.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jerrad
Yeah, I'm not saying the quality would have been bad. This dealership just acted like they didn't even want to work on it. The never turned a wrench, just kept putting it off until I went somewhere else.
I really don't get that mentality that some people have. Especially since most of us work on commission, and parts for these cars aren't the cheapest. I agree though, that irritates the hell out of me. I had that feeling with the servie department when I bought the car, waiting over a month to order parts. I just took it elsewhere, and have been pretty happy since.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

bump on the adjuster! still waiting....
Old 06-24-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

ok, Just got word that the guy that hit me confirmed with his insurance that it was his fault so they have agreed pay for everything! I just need to contact them and let them know were Im takingt it! They better not give me ANY lip about were its going too!!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
ok, Just got word that the guy that hit me confirmed with his insurance that it was his fault so they have agreed pay for everything! I just need to contact them and let them know were Im takingt it! They better not give me ANY lip about were its going too!!!!!

you wont get lip , but they will talk your ears off on why your should get it fixed at thier recomended shop and yadadayay..

Also they might give you a rental car run around if you say your not fixing it at thier shop... but you deserve a rental were ever you get your car fixed.. I had to argue that one a bit with progressive before. Other then that they were ok
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
you wont get lip , but they will talk your ears off on why your should get it fixed at thier recomended shop and yadadayay..

Also they might give you a rental car run around if you say your not fixing it at thier shop... but you deserve a rental were ever you get your car fixed.. I had to argue that one a bit with progressive before. Other then that they were ok
Lol. I gave up on trying to get a better rental! Everytime I call they say that they dont have anything else... kind of pissed me off!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

ADJ,
Give that weak rental car some moonshine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMPU...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: Got rear-ended last night!!!! Wtf!!!!