Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Corvette hub swap / Photoshop help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Corvette hub swap / Photoshop help

Has anyone done the swap to the corvette hubs? I think i have the link saved at home from the guy that did it. Has anyone seen anything about it?

Im thinking about doing it, wondering if anyone had advice / pics of 5 lug rims.

Or if someone could photoshop my cts w/ some 08 c6 vette rims (10 spoke).
Old 06-24-2009 | 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
Has anyone done the swap to the corvette hubs? I think i have the link saved at home from the guy that did it. Has anyone seen anything about it?

Im thinking about doing it, wondering if anyone had advice / pics of 5 lug rims.

Or if someone could photoshop my cts w/ some 08 c6 vette rims (10 spoke).

Im sure its easy as long as you get the right hubs and you find 5 lug brake rotors the same size as the V.

I think GTO hubs would work to.
Old 06-24-2009 | 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

NormV is the guy who did it. He used C5 hubs and rotors and BMW wheels. I inquired on this a while back but the hubs/rotors will eat up a good chunk of the cost that you could have spent on aftermarket rims.
Old 06-25-2009 | 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here is the post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...05-v-less.html

Its no so much the cost of after market rims, its the lack of selection. With the selection of vette / camaro / firebird rims, it opens a TON of options. It also will cut down on the cost of expensive brake pads as there are a TON of corvette ones to choose from that are also cheaper.

Yes, changing the hubs means changing the rotors, which means changing the calipers & brakes. The initial 'investment' for lack of a better word, is expensive but ive gotta imagine a $600-$800 set of rims vs $2500 set of rims (ccw black chromes which are no longer made), cheaper brakes, and selling the calipers, rotors and hubs, has gotta come out pretty close...

And i wonder if he even tried to keep the V caliper... Ill have to contact him.
Old 06-26-2009 | 06:53 AM
Launching!

Stock V brakes with C6Z rotors. There is some filing but no major retooling. Track tested and works great!

The performance gain is in the wheel weight reduction. 24 lbs stock vs 18.5 lbs. per wheel. If you want to go crazy you can drop another 9 lbs per corner by going with two part compound rotors with iron ring and aluminum hat.

C6 wheels have too high of offset to be even with a spacer.

Quick Reply: Corvette hub swap / Photoshop help