Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Oil temp 290+

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Good for you bro', after you win the case, make sure they apply your Cadillac Loyalty Bonus/Discount/Rebate to your V2 purchase!!!
BTW, the '04s and '05s have dealt with this issue for over two years, unbelieveable that Caddy has yet to fix it.
LOL - Trust me the Thought has crossed my mind... Maybe I can get some sort of incentive towards a V2

I've heard of more than a few people having the same exact issue, it blows me away that Cadillac has no clue about it - I guess some people just let it be, and dont bother Cadillac about it. It just drives me nuts!! I'll have a client in the car, and we'll be talking, and then bam! Ding Ding Ding... Its pretty embarrassing - and its even more annoying when they say "Oh well, we cant fix it, your just gonna have to deal with it"
Old 07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CtsVrod
LOL - Trust me the Thought has crossed my mind... Maybe I can get some sort of incentive towards a V2

I've heard of more than a few people having the same exact issue, it blows me away that Cadillac has no clue about it - I guess some people just let it be, and dont bother Cadillac about it. It just drives me nuts!! I'll have a client in the car, and we'll be talking, and then bam! Ding Ding Ding... Its pretty embarrassing - and its even more annoying when they say "Oh well, we cant fix it, your just gonna have to deal with it"
You can always disconnect the sensor, but that takes Caddy off the hook.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by onebadcad
You can always disconnect the sensor, but that takes Caddy off the hook.
We dont want to do that now
Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CtsVrod
We dont want to do that now
That is my next step, as if the Oil Pressure is fine, and the coolant is below 190 degrees, I have no concerns. I swapped motors, so I really cannot complain.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Agreed... I have thought about going that route, and I might just end up doing that as well... But my V has been plagued with issues since I drove it off the lot, and has been to the dealer more than I can even count, or want to think about, so If I can get out of it, and start fresh, I will be a happy man.

Quick Reply: Oil temp 290+