Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Standing 1 Mile Event in SoFlo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock fuel shutoff at 175.

Limited to 168, if possible oil starvation is detected.

Faq reveals all.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by atdeneve
Stock fuel shutoff at 175.

Limited to 168, if possible oil starvation is detected.

Faq reveals all.
I have tune, so am not concerned with fuel shutoff. But, this oil starvation is a concern, how is it detected and sent to the PCM?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadcad
I have tune, so am not concerned with fuel shutoff. But, this oil starvation is a concern, how is it detected and sent to the PCM?
I wonder if it has anything to do with our oil life sensor.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard about any of this oil starvation or fuel cutoff. From what I understand the v1 nor 2 is equipped with such limiters. If modded enough to over come the coefficient of drag which stock simply limits the car to 163mph while not accelerating in 6th at all cause it's simply for overdrive. Is was told that with say 3.42's or 3.46's like the vette or gto it should do say 175 stock only because it'll get there in 5th with those gears.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Guys running at the event, I have a slew of HD bullet cameras and I plan on attending if not competing at the event. So if ya want video, holla at me!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Guys running at the event, I have a slew of HD bullet cameras and I plan on attending if not competing at the event. So if ya want video, holla at me!

I knew that others would step up for this---it will be a day to remember. Not sure of any good reasons why everyone would not jump in, as I have always wanted to run my V (and C6) WFO without having to deal with the consequences if Johnny came out from hiding.

Rumor has it that your V may show up with a little something-something going on under the hood,,,
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

DP delete, my computer is faster than this site,,,
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, working that out with a certain someone this week it sounds
Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Consider the option of throwing in a mild cam, nothing too large, as you probably can save on the cost of a kit. You will probably spend $350 on the cam, not sure on the labor, but in the end you get another 30RWHP and a nice little rumble.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Bring em...plenty cars that we can attach them to. I'll have a gopro camera or two as well.

I knew that others would step up for this---it will be a day to remember. Not sure of any good reasons why everyone would not jump in, as I have always wanted to run my V (and C6) WFO without having to deal with the consequences if Johnny came out from hiding.

Rumor has it that your V may show up with a little something-something going on under the hood,,,

If you were a super hero, you'd be super herpes. Cause your super gay.

lmao.

Silly goose. You have a fuel pump(aftermarket)....you have good injectors, and a good tune. The questions your asking, makes me think you turned your car back into stock without me knowing. If your worried about A/F....and wanna make sure we get the most outta the V,... lets get it back on the rollers,... besides that,...go for a WOT and look at your AF meter.... see how she is.

The vette,..we'll put the gage on it this week. Sorry, I have been super busy on call for the past several days.

You boys need to do some math here. Surprised I haven't seen any answers yet, being the rocket scientist that lurk this area.

Heres what my car would do,....given the room. Also,..the main reason why I am soo pissed off I can't make it.

@6250 rpm,....on a 335/35/18 on an MN6 with my runway special, 2.73 geared six speed.

1st Gear :1 69.75 MPH
2nd Gear :1 104.23 MPH
3rd Gear :1 142.72 MPH
4th Gear :1 185.53 MPH
5th Gear :1 250.72 MPH
6th Gear :1 371.07 MPH

Your V with 295/35/19's and a 3.73 gear....I gave it a 6250rpm limiter

1st Gear :1 45.55 MPH
2nd Gear :1 65.36 MPH
3rd Gear :1 94.61 MPH
4th Gear :1 135.29 MPH
5th Gear :1 161.07 MPH
6th Gear :1 237.36 MPH

There you have it.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Last edited by onebadcad; 08-12-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-11-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

You are not as funny as your boyfriend, buy you are gayer!!
and BTW, your car 'may' do this, and 'may' do that, but seeing as it ain't gonna be there, it ain't doing shiat!!!
,,, and as I have always told ya, some talk and some drive, you are leading the crew of talkers right now BIOTCH, so until you get your beast rolling again, you are just a spectator, and a very gay one at that!!!

YET ANOTHER OWNED PUNK!!!
....sigh....onebadcad......eh? Thats your name right? Might as well be urbanski with a lame post like that. My car can be slapped together in 24 hours if I deam it to be the time. Ready to tow both your cars through the mile. However, I'm choosing to take my time, buy some expensive parts, and enjoy the car for the next twenty years. But,..maybe if your ***** *** mans up and buys my cylinder heads,...I could be that much closer to getting my car on the road, and ******* up you BOYS at the mile. When I say boys,....I mean those of you struggling to get to 170mph,....tisk tisk.

J,
Ignore the previous post, I need shop and dyno times for both cars, and I know you want to help with this, thanks my bruddha!!!

No such luck pussylips. I think i'll invest my time into that little saturn thats coming to the event.....just for you and both your cars. Bring your A game,...and that pretty little lip smacking mouth of yours captn herpely earpaly.

Maybe i'll go pawn this gage I have in the back seat for a burger or something. Smile susy

note:i'll br driving a nitrous assisted 900rwhp Z06 and a TT GTO at the event. Oh, and probably a supercharged C6 and some POS cts-v that the owner is afraid of.

DOn't **** with me **** breath
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last edited by onebadcad; 08-12-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last edited by onebadcad; 08-12-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So, whens the wedding?

You guys would make some damn ugly kids....
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^weaker than Circus Lemonade, go back to working on your Saabs at the dealership, and leave the LSx world to me.

Oh, and if I were like five feet taller I could play in the NBA,,,
And lastly, I heard you will not be at The Event, as you have an appointment at Publix!

OWNED AGAIN GRASSHOPPER!!!
I'm the single one bub,,,,....trips to publix to buy maxi pads is for you and chris. Your the ones that there life is over(married). I'm still taste testing. Whens the last time you touched the vaginal fruit? Ha. Test tube baby.

My car is your car(s) daddy. I, am your daddy. Actually no wait, I was there when they shot you out of that sirenge and into that test tube. So,..I guess we are family.

Double post
Making you SUPER GAY.

Not problem dawg, glad you are repentive. Just tell me when you have time to do a few things to my cars, thanks.
I like that. "just tell me when you(I) have time to do a few things on your cars"

Sure thing. Monday, october 12th, should have plenty of time to help you out. Little busy before then. Maybe try sawgrass chevy?... maybe they can help you out with your boost issue(s). I can recommend a great tech.

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
So, whens the wedding?

You guys would make some damn ugly kids....

Grosses thing you've ever thought about.

Ever.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry for the departure of the seriousness of this thread. All on-topic comments are welcome, and let's see a few Florida Vs representing at this event.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry for the departure of the seriousness of this thread. All on-topic comments are welcome, and let's see a few Florida Vs representing at this event.
ahhhh,...sunshine .......i was having fun.

on a serious note,...I have been trying to get as many cars as possible. This is posted on three sites, not including this one. Also went through my phone,...texting anyone that I knew with a hotrod. So far, one, aside from yourself in a CTS-V, said he might go but,...he'd like to race you on the street instead. Just so you know. 430rwhp FYI.

Aside from that, you better win,...aside from that,....I told my friend with an STS-V, with mild mods,...he says he wants to go. SO, hopefully it will be alot of fun bro. Can't wait. We'll bring a trailer, with some staging so we can see at an elevated angle. Should be a blast.

Quick Reply: Standing 1 Mile Event in SoFlo!!!