Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tuners in IL

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:55 AM
Banned

please let us know if we can help

We spend as much time needed on a car both on the dyno and road to be certain it leaves good.

can there be tweaks needed from time to time? sure and we will be glad to address them if we are made aware of them

There is no way to get a car 100% right unless it you tuned it day after day in every possible way it might be driven. There is not a tuner that would not disagree with this. WE do work very hard on each car and do no more then 2 cars each day. We do ask the owners to please let us know if there is anything that ever concerns them to just give us a shout after the tune.

We do see cars from time to time or get a call stating my tune changed and now running bad, but at the end it was an issue...MAF, 02's, exhaust leak etc which we can easily diagnose with scanning the car and get the customer back on the road ( since a tune can never change )

so again if anyone is in need of a tune, has a question or an issue please call or email me and I would be glad to help

Last edited by LS1 SPEED; 09-01-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2009 | 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the info. looks like I better plan on a 4hr drive. Oh well when the time comes Ill just make an extended weekend out of it,
Old 09-01-2009 | 08:11 AM
Banned

no problem
Old 09-01-2009 | 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Chpmn: so you are able to critque the part throttle tuning of a guy who's been tuning high horsepower LSx cars all day, every day, for a living for 10 yrs(Jim at speed), but you admit you aren't too good with it yourself? Jim has more 1,000+ hp cars driving around on the highway getting good MPG(his Z06 included) with his tunes in them, than most people have hairs on their *******.

Just making sure I got that correct, thanks.

I understand the OP doesn't live any where near a forum sponsor so I'm not gonna be a jag about the non sponsor stuff mentioned so far..but please guys make my life easier and watch it. Thanks.
This would be correct. If he was able to spend more time with them, I'm sure they would be the best tunes on the market, but when you have as many cars to do as Jim does, you don't have time to get them all 100% dialed in on every box or parameter. Not knocking his tuning skills at all, just that part throttle tuning takes longer then he has time to do. Please don't ban me or get angry just because your opinion differs

LS1 Speed is right though, and many times you have to tune around the persons ill effected car. Once the part goes south and is replaced, the tune is now off. Yet another reason HPT or EFI live is good to keep around.
Old 09-01-2009 | 10:59 AM
Motorboater

Not angry, and I hardly ever ban anyone..unless its Mike Nice lol

Jim was my sole tuner until I went the Procharger route a few years ago, then I put a wideband on the car and got HP Tuners...stupid crap like a small change in weather has too much of an affect on the car.
Old 09-01-2009 | 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
This would be correct. If he was able to spend more time with them, I'm sure they would be the best tunes on the market, but when you have as many cars to do as Jim does, you don't have time to get them all 100% dialed in on every box or parameter. Not knocking his tuning skills at all, just that part throttle tuning takes longer then he has time to do. Please don't ban me or get angry just because your opinion differs

LS1 Speed is right though, and many times you have to tune around the persons ill effected car. Once the part goes south and is replaced, the tune is now off. Yet another reason HPT or EFI live is good to keep around.
How do you know Jim's work schedule?

Speed has tuned all my cars, my SS/TBSS I had before the V and soon the V...every car I know the tune is spot on. Even with parts that go south from time to time.
Old 09-01-2009 | 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Not angry, and I hardly ever ban anyone..unless its Mike Nice lol

Jim was my sole tuner until I went the Procharger route a few years ago, then I put a wideband on the car and got HP Tuners...stupid crap like a small change in weather has too much of an affect on the car.
Yea, I remember the nitrous days. Haven't seen you on AIM in years to bs with ya

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
How do you know Jim's work schedule?

Speed has tuned all my cars, my SS/TBSS I had before the V and soon the V...every car I know the tune is spot on. Even with parts that go south from time to time.
Its posted on the calender sitting on the wall

I'm glad you are happy with the tunes you've received. I was just letting the OP know some people have had less the perfect results on the part throttle tuning, and letting him know why so he could make a better educated decision. He made his decision to go to Speed, so hopefully Jim will take good care of his car.
Old 09-01-2009 | 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
Yea, I remember the nitrous days. Haven't seen you on AIM in years to bs with ya

Its posted on the calender sitting on the wall

I'm glad you are happy with the tunes you've received. I was just letting the OP know some people have had less the perfect results on the part throttle tuning, and letting him know why so he could make a better educated decision. He made his decision to go to Speed, so hopefully Jim will take good care of his car.
as for in my office? how would you know this or know what each car gets listed on the schedule?

I'm sorry some people you know had so called issues, but if we were aware of these issues we would have been glad to work with them.

+ as mentioned earlier there are only 2 car scheduled most days and depending on the combo sometime 1 car per day or 1 car for a 2 day spread as for example today... LSx TT / BS3 / 6 speedcar is the only car booked for today/tomorrow on the dyno.
Old 09-01-2009 | 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
as for in my office? how would you know this or know what each car gets listed on the schedule?

I was being sarcastic.

Everyone has had good and bad experiences with tuners.
Old 09-04-2009 | 08:08 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Id recommend SpeedInc any day. I drive from Quincy as well. But Ive heard nothing but good things about them and have had nothing but good experiances with them. They tuned my 2010 l99 ss and with the trans tuned its a totally different car. Im heading back there as soon as they get my yank 3600 to have it installed and tuned again. They hook up re-tunes pretty cheap.

But it wouldnt kill you guys (speedinc) to put a basketball hoop or a airhockey table...some **** out back for the people do who drive 5 hours out there and dont have a car to get anywhere else with. LOL.
Old 09-04-2009 | 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss1129
Id recommend SpeedInc any day. I drive from Quincy as well. But Ive heard nothing but good things about them and have had nothing but good experiances with them. They tuned my 2010 l99 ss and with the trans tuned its a totally different car. Im heading back there as soon as they get my yank 3600 to have it installed and tuned again. They hook up re-tunes pretty cheap.

But it wouldnt kill you guys (speedinc) to put a basketball hoop or a airhockey table...some **** out back for the people do who drive 5 hours out there and dont have a car to get anywhere else with. LOL.

thanks for the positive feedback

We will have to look into some better entertainment for next time

Quick Reply: Tuners in IL