Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What are you guys using for fuel delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Exacty. Look at the majority of dyno graphs when spray hits. Mine, dipped way lean on the hit,.. picked right back up but, regradless, it's brutal for that instant. Standalone(don't think vin diesel) fuel cell and pump for the nitrous alone is the ticket. Run race fuel in the mini tank, a 255, regulator, good to spray whatever you can throw at it, without touching your lines.

Were doing a nitrous outlet fuel setup on this car....
I just traded my old iron block out of the V for this:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1000
Old 09-05-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
I would be concerned with going lean at the hit.
Got a couple bottles through it now, I run a HSW Microedge with a lean shut down switch and I log every time I spray with a wideband in HPtuners...no lean problems yet!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just run a bosch044 its bigger than a walbro. and if the factory lines cant support it, just bend new lines, flare the ends, and run EFI fuel injector rubber tubing. Other than the cost of the pump the lines would be like 50$
Old 09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
I just traded my old iron block out of the V for this:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1000

HAha sweet!
We just ordered the exact same thing,.. for a vararam as well. Dope. You gonna run a controller? We're gonna try out that nano. Figure we'd need it on the street. The hit I think would overwhelm the RA1's on the street I think.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sciff5
Why not just run a bosch044 its bigger than a walbro. and if the factory lines cant support it, just bend new lines, flare the ends, and run EFI fuel injector rubber tubing. Other than the cost of the pump the lines would be like 50$
(i see your cars running man,...cool deal)
Old 09-06-2009, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

(i see your cars running man,...cool deal)
Thanks man.

The car has been turning some good times at the drag strip for a pretty much stock engine, then chasing down miatas at the local autox the next day.

Its got a lot left in it too. I should be able to get down into the 11.40s with the car the way it sits. Vette and gto procharger setups have been bolted right on, which I'm prob gonna look at this winter, and should give me enough to get me into the 9s if the stock block holds up anywhere near as well as yours has.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man.

The car has been turning some good times at the drag strip for a pretty much stock engine, then chasing down miatas at the local autox the next day.

Its got a lot left in it too. I should be able to get down into the 11.40s with the car the way it sits. Vette and gto procharger setups have been bolted right on, which I'm prob gonna look at this winter, and should give me enough to get me into the 9s if the stock block holds up anywhere near as well as yours has.

Sweet. I'd look more into the vette kits over the goat kits, as the ergonomics of the goat kit appears to more restrictive(blower inlet is backwards) and more bends.

As far as the motor, throw as much fuel as you can throw at it. Looks like your having fun with it.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Sweet. I'd look more into the vette kits over the goat kits, as the ergonomics of the goat kit appears to more restrictive(blower inlet is backwards) and more bends.

As far as the motor, throw as much fuel as you can throw at it. Looks like your having fun with it.
Yeah I'm also lookin at twins setup based off truck manifolds.. based on all the happy people that have switched from prochargers to turbo setups, including yourself but I know a simple D1SC setup has the potential to get my car into the 8s at high 150s and SDCE (the company who makes the tensioners) is 40 minutes from my house and we dont have any FL Autobahn type roads up here so not many high rolls where big singles will be tough to beat.
My tuner agrees with the corvette setup too he likes it a lot more than the gto setup. A guy locally was selling his D1SC vette kit recently but I wasnt ready to buy. THe GTO kit bolts right on, the Vette kit would prob require me to change over to vette accessories and maybe put a small hole in the hood, especially if I ever went up to a F1 blower. I really would rather not run a cowl on an RX7, but I'll do what makes the car fast.

I'll have to talk to you more at some point about how your turbo and supercharger setups compare, but yeah man, get a walbro or a supra pump. I have a walbro on the rx7 and I can hear it pretty clearly. BAP is ok but its just a band aid. As you just said and I totally agree with, do it once and grow into it.

I did a supra pump on my buddies markIII supra though and we were having a hard time hearing if it was on or not and its very reliable and prob puts out a little more than a walbro. I would assume if its on a cts-v you prob want something a little quieter.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I'm also lookin at twins setup based off truck manifolds.. based on all the happy people that have switched from prochargers to turbo setups, including yourself but I know a simple D1SC setup has the potential to get my car into the 8s at high 150s and SDCE (the company who makes the tensioners) is 40 minutes from my house and we dont have any FL Autobahn type roads up here so not many high rolls where big singles will be tough to beat.
My tuner agrees with the corvette setup too he likes it a lot more than the gto setup. A guy locally was selling his D1SC vette kit recently but I wasnt ready to buy. THe GTO kit bolts right on, the Vette kit would prob require me to change over to vette accessories and maybe put a small hole in the hood, especially if I ever went up to a F1 blower. I really would rather not run a cowl on an RX7, but I'll do what makes the car fast.

I'll have to talk to you more at some point about how your turbo and supercharger setups compare, but yeah man, get a walbro or a supra pump. I have a walbro on the rx7 and I can hear it pretty clearly. BAP is ok but its just a band aid. As you just said and I totally agree with, do it once and grow into it.

I did a supra pump on my buddies markIII supra though and we were having a hard time hearing if it was on or not and its very reliable and prob puts out a little more than a walbro. I would assume if its on a cts-v you prob want something a little quieter.

Sweet man, hit me up whenever you'd like.

Quick Reply: What are you guys using for fuel delivery?