Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Loud noise from under car in heavy rain!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by egypt123

A-Bomb - I live in the Clear Lake area. If you're the same person that posted about the Houston Meet over on the cadillacforums.com site, I've been following that thread (actually replied in the thread - my nic over there egypt123 too) and it looked like a good time. Unfortunately, that weekend didn't work for me. I hope to hit the next one though.

egypt, were gettin together tomorrow at 11 a.m. @ brickhouse tavern. its off 290 and pinemont. hope you can make it.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Ha! Interesting. I have an 05-V that would make what I would describe as a "burbling" sound every now and then, more so in lower gears low RPM, and moderate / heavy load...

In the rain, the noise got REALLY bad...

Came across this thread, and yeah, I have an aftermarket catback too.

Guess It's going to an exhaust shop, what's the best way to address the clearence issues?

This has been driving me crazy for almost a year now, I tried plugs / wires / pressure washed my coil packs and rinsed with de-ionized water, was ready to buy a new Coilpack in an attempt to figure this out... Hope to find you right about the exhaust!

Originally Posted by trukk
Heh, I posted about this many years back.

Your corsa resonator is probabaly slightly loose. You go over a puddle, and water splashes up on the pipe, cooling it quickly which causes it to contracts. With the rest of the system still hot, it bends up and contracts into the drive shaft.

First time it happened to me, it scared the living **** outta me. I think I described it over on CF as a band of rabid monkeys hitting the underside of my car with some ballpeen hammers.

Check your resonator O-clamps, and validate that they are tight, and that the catback is positioned correctly.

-Chris
Old 09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

On mine you could see where it was rubbing the drive-shaft. The guy at the shop just loosen the exhaust mounting bolts/clips and gave it an ever-so-slight twist and then tightened everything back down. No problem since then.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Talking Horrible noise when driving in deep water

All/Anyone - so I experienced this noise for the first time yesterday as I was driving home in a Colorado afternoon downpour - heard a terrible sound when I drove through deep (1-3 inch) standing water. I don't have a Corsa exhaust but I do have Borla - x-pipe with 2 resonators welded in just before the Touring mufflers. It is possible the x-pipe/resonators were in the water (it was scary deep). When I got home, I opened my hood - but engine bay was basically dry. One theory - as I crawled around the car - I though perhaps the rubber flap under the front bumper/valence might have been vibrating due to all the pressure from the water - causing the noise to reverberate up through the bumper/structure? Any final thoughts - sure did NOT like that sound - and clearly the SS is not a candidate for submarine school!!

Quick Reply: Loud noise from under car in heavy rain!