Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cammed and Blown! EDIT and Sprayed :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering
Great results!!!!
Id like to know what others have put down with Just the maggie and your cam. preferable in a V or GTO and what kind of boost they were making. Were sitting right at 16.5 degrees of timing with the AFR right at 11.5 across the board. 470hp is about what I was expecting for this round...
Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hendrix, do you still have 90mm snouts in stock? If so please shoot me a PM... I'm finally ready.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Bootyful! love the exhaust note!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

What front strut tower brace is that? Almost looks like it is off a V2.....any info on it?

LAW
Old 05-22-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
ur turbo build and my wifes full size d's cost about the same so! I would have to say that i know what is sexy
pics??:d
Old 05-22-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TheLAW
What front strut tower brace is that? Almost looks like it is off a V2.....any info on it?

LAW
thats from BMR
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
thats from BMR
Thanks.

LAW
Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess Its time for an update Gooch (justin311) got beat by our friend with a nitrous LT1 thirdgen so it went back under the knife and added a HSW nitrous setup with the micro edge controller and progressive driver(for when he forges the bottom end)a nitrous outlet plate made for the maggie a 4000psi NANO setup and our custom hardlines. His buddies with a machine shop fabbed up a badass bottle mount setup and we had Lonnies do a dual intank walbro setup with remote mounted fuel pressure regulator.

We went out last night to get tuned and we actually picked up a bunch of power with our new tuner scott! We dynoed on this dyno a while back with the old tune and the retunless fuel system making the same boost and the best we put down was 480hp this time out with the same boost just a new tuner and the fuel system we made 505hp and 535 ftlbs we hit out goal of 500+ without doing a damn thing other than getting scott out to tune it. This was also with 185degree IAT at the top of the pulls so with colder air it should do even more!

Now for the not as good news... We know the limits of the stock short block are in the 600hp range so we only wanted to spray a "50" shot which with the nano and the maggie combined should be more like an 80 shot. so typically with a NANO setup you up the fuel jet one size. so for the 50 shot without the nano it should have been a .035N20 and a .018Fuel, we didnt have the .022 jet for the fuel so the best we could find was a .024 and used that. Made the pul and lost a few hp since it pegged the wideband at 8:1 I was half temped to up the nitrous jet to compensate but it was a fleeting thoguht lol it was getting late so we jsut packed it it. even with the fuel going stupid pig rich it went from 535tq to 609 tq so the power is there we jsut need to bring the fuel jet down! Im thinking itll be dame close to about 585-590hp and 630tq when we are all said and done. Its going back on the dyno on the 7th

Last edited by Tricked-Out-Toy; 07-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

That bottle setup is freakin' slick. Love it.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SimplistikTA
That bottle setup is freakin' slick. Love it.
And your spare tire cover fits right over the top of it so no problem when you wanna hit the grocery store of pile in for a vacation to the beach ultimately the rear truck area will be re-carpeted and the trunk cover will be changed out for a piece of clear lexan with a huge caddy logo engraved in it with LED or fiber lighting on the edges to illuminate the logo for our night time cruisins. It wont be gaudy or anything and it wont look like neon lights itll be subtle light that makes the engraving in the clear lexan pop..... Thats down the road a ways tho I would like to see him get a forged short block and either the 8.8 or 9" rear first....
Old 07-20-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and just a word of advice to anyone getting the nitrous outlet plate. it will not work with the 90mm TB without modificication to either the snout or the heat exchanger water inlet/outlet ports. The plate spaces the TB out to far and it hits the water neck. we milled the back of the snout a little and then cut up the water neck and moved it up and forward along with welding on some AN bungs.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

Great setup, cant wait to see the numbers with the proper jetting!!
Where did you get the Noid mounts? I'm very tempted to spray my maggie V too.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Great setup, cant wait to see the numbers with the proper jetting!!
Where did you get the Noid mounts? I'm very tempted to spray my maggie V too.
They are custom from the guys that did the bottle mount. (there names on the plate )
Old 07-20-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

that is so sick!!!!!!! im so jealous lol
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

big question here is what are the plans for the rear end???
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the plan for right now is to not break the stocker lol we have an 8.8 center section sitting in the shop aswell as another stock cradle that we are going to try and make fit. we havent put much time in that yet just collecting parts. Ive got to make more progress on my car before I want to take on another big fabrication project.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Another question since this seems to be one of the more powerful maggie cars, have you looked into swapping the rear pulleys, or going with the 1:1 rear drive pulleys from a vette maggie? From magnason we have .83:1 ratio rear pullies.
I have heard from Hendrix-Engineering that you can't swap the pulleys because it will hit the oil pressure sensor. That seems like an easy enough fix if you just remote mount the sensor I have seen kits for this, though they are specifically for vettes I think it would work on a V.

With swapped rear pulleys we could overdrive the maggie with a larger jackshaft pulley, something in the 3.0"-3.1" range to avoid belt slip and have longer belt life.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Another question since this seems to be one of the more powerful maggie cars, have you looked into swapping the rear pulleys, or going with the 1:1 rear drive pulleys from a vette maggie? From magnason we have .83:1 ratio rear pullies.
I have heard from Hendrix-Engineering that you can't swap the pulleys because it will hit the oil pressure sensor. That seems like an easy enough fix if you just remote mount the sensor I have seen kits for this, though they are specifically for vettes I think it would work on a V.

With swapped rear pulleys we could overdrive the maggie with a larger jackshaft pulley, something in the 3.0"-3.1" range to avoid belt slip and have longer belt life.
I have been wanting to try this since I first realized Magnuson screwed the V guys with a damn under driven rear pulley setup. Its complete bullshit that they did that and really made me mad. Ive called and talked to them probably 5 times and every time they say its not possible. I know its possible, I measured the clearance and theres plenty. Moving the oil pressure sensor is a cake walk and I think as we build this car more we will probably tackle that because dropping down to a 2.6 front pulley is weak sause with the belt slipange and upgrading to an 8 rib setup is stupid money. If we can do a 1:1 in the back and keep the 2.8 in ther front Im thinking we will be in the 12psi range on this car. I dont think much more than that is safe without serious modification to the heat exchanger. We are already seeing 185 degree IAT's with just 6lbs. can you imagine 10-12lbs!? If I had my way that 112 would be history but gooch likes how it looks and performance and beauty is a 50/50 deal with this car...
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why did you do a 4500psi nano system? Thats for shots over 175hp not 50. The 3000psi was the suitable choice for such a small shot. Especially since the 4500 bottles are harder to find a place to fill them.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
why did you do a 4500psi nano system? Thats for shots over 175hp not 50. The 3000psi was the suitable choice for such a small shot. Especially since the 4500 bottles are harder to find a place to fill them.
Its there for the future 250 shot. Same reasoning applies to progressive solenoid driver box and the overkill fuel fuel system this car has a long way to go!

Quick Reply: Cammed and Blown! EDIT and Sprayed :)