Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V 1.25" 6 bolt wheel spacers on eBay ... anybody try them out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CTS-V 1.25" 6 bolt wheel spacers on eBay ... anybody try them out yet?

PAIR WHEEL ADAPTERS FITS 6X5.5" ON CADILLAC CTS-V 05-07:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR-...=p4506.c0.m245

I am considering widening an extra set of stock wheels I have by 1.25" and noticed these spacers on eBay. Anybody have any first hand knowledge / experience with a setup like this on their V?

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Teching In

I wouldn't do it. I've only heard bad things about spacers breaking and what not.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask y do you want spacers?
The stock rims are flush with the fenders?

And i say no to those adaptors. I wouldnt trust those at 100mph

I've used spacers before on diffrent cars. And what you need is a hubcinetric plate and you need to put longer studs.

something thats looks like this - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15MM-...=p4506.c0.m245

But a good name brand like H&R or something known...
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The adapters with the longer studs are the ones that you should stay away from. As for the ones in the link they look more like swiss cheese than adapters. The best ones that you can find are spider trax and I am not sure they make them for our bolt pattern.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

We don't have 6x5.5" wheels, so those spacers would be pretty much worthless with widened stock wheels. Not to mention that pushing the stock wheels out 1.25" would put them well beyond the fender lip, which would look brutal.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Thanks gents and AAIIIC for pointing out that these won't work anyway being a 6x5.5" pattern ... we are at a 6x115mm / 6x4.5" from what I recall.

The reason why I'm researching options is to allow for wider wheels / tires in the rear via our stock wheels - where I personally like the look of the stock Speedline wheels.

I've read that some folks have put 9.5" to 10" wide aftermarket wheels on the back end of their V and think that the curve of the rear fender would blend nicely with a fatter tire on a wheel that wide.

The normal gap between the stock suspension and stock wheel is on the order of 1" ... so widening a stock wheel by a little over 0.5" isn't worth the $ in my opinion. I'd like to fit some 275's to 295's in the back where the wider wheels are necessary for proper fit. Presently I have 265/40-18's on all 4 corners and they fit / look OK. I've tried 275/40-18 on stock wheels on the back in the past but they bulge out too much looks-wise and doubt that they provide any performance improvement.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RocketSSled
Thanks gents and AAIIIC for pointing out that these won't work anyway being a 6x5.5" pattern ... we are at a 6x115mm / 6x4.5" from what I recall.

The reason why I'm researching options is to allow for wider wheels / tires in the rear via our stock wheels - where I personally like the look of the stock Speedline wheels.

I've read that some folks have put 9.5" to 10" wide aftermarket wheels on the back end of their V and think that the curve of the rear fender would blend nicely with a fatter tire on a wheel that wide.

The normal gap between the stock suspension and stock wheel is on the order of 1" ... so widening a stock wheel by a little over 0.5" isn't worth the $ in my opinion. I'd like to fit some 275's to 295's in the back where the wider wheels are necessary for proper fit. Presently I have 265/40-18's on all 4 corners and they fit / look OK. I've tried 275/40-18 on stock wheels on the back in the past but they bulge out too much looks-wise and doubt that they provide any performance improvement.
any updates??

There's a large conversation over on the caddy forum about new trailing arms to allow wider wheels in the rear.
To date this is all I know that's been done successfully:
1) stock wheels widened to 9" w/ no spacers or modifications
2) stock wheels widened to 9.25" w/ a .2" spacer like the link above
3) stock wheels widened to 9.5-10" w/ larger spacer and longer studs

The thread over there is about modified trailing arms to allow more tire/wheel back there. That will probably help w/ (2) above not to need a spacer, but still debatable past that because the inner frame structure isn't far behind the trailing arms as contact points when more backspace is added to the stock 18x8.5 speedline V wheel.

Quick Reply: CTS-V 1.25" 6 bolt wheel spacers on eBay ... anybody try them out yet?