Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Another v bites the dust!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would file a diminished value claim on the rear as well.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i cant see the insurance totaling that. Its just front end work. Shouldnt be any frame damage either. Sorry to hear about that man. Such a bummer that things keep happening to you. Keep your head up and say a prayer or 2!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Dammit bro sorry to see and hear that about ur V! Glad ur ok though.. Hopefully everything gets worked out smoothly and you get sum major retribution!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SkullV
Glad you are ok. File a diminished value claim with the other driver's insurance company. That way not only do they pay for your repairs but cut you a nice check for the value loss on your car. That way you can add a Maggie from Hendrix + a tune!!

I tired this before but had no luck, whats the process ?

Did you have to go as far as hiring a lawyer or did the insurance company go along with it ?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkullV
Glad you are ok. File a diminished value claim with the other driver's insurance company. That way not only do they pay for your repairs but cut you a nice check for the value loss on your car. That way you can add a Maggie from Hendrix + a tune!!
Thats CRAZY!!! My wife was just telling me about do that! Whats the process? I was also told that it is REALLY hard to get it... I am for sure gonna do that too!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Thats CRAZY!!! My wife was just telling me about do that! Whats the process? I was also told that it is REALLY hard to get it... I am for sure gonna do that too!
Different in every state and with ever insurance company. Talk to your insurance agent about it and see what they say, it also wouldn't hurt to pay a lawyer (or have one who is a friend ) send a fax/letter on their legal letter stock.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

You need to start by talking to the insurance company that is fixing your car. They will not start anything until the repairs are finished. The main thing about dealing with an insurance company is that the more you squeak, the more grease you will get. Do a lot of bitching. They will come out and reinspect your car, to make sure the repairs were done correctly. There are two kinds of diminished value. You have the diminished value of poor repairs (hence the reinspection), and an inherent diminished value - your car has been hit and is therefore not worth as much. Since you were a claimant on both claims, I would try to get a diminished value settlement on both.

As far as being hard to get, nobody likes handing out money. I wouldn't start on the diminished value until you are well underway getting your car fxed, or it may slow down the process. Getting a lawyer will do the same. You will have to be tenacious to get it paid out, but it will happen. If the repairs were done well, I would imagine you will be looking at 10-15% of retail back, depending on the size of the repairs. I wasn't able to see the pictures, so it is hard to tell. The last wreck was pretty good sized though, wasn't it?

Last edited by Jon05CTSV; 10-20-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jon05CTSV
You need to start by talking to the insurance company that is fixing your car. They will not start anything until the repairs are finished. The main thing about dealing with an insurance company is that the more you squeak, the more grease you will get. Do a lot of bitching. They will come out and reinspect your car, to make sure the repairs were done correctly. There are two kinds of diminished value. You have the diminished value of poor repairs (hence the reinspection), and an inherent diminished value - your car has been hit and is therefore not worth as much. Since you were a claimant on both claims, I would try to get a diminished value settlement on both.

As far as being hard to get, nobody likes handing out money. I wouldn't start on the diminished value until you are well underway getting your car fxed, or it may slow down the process. Getting a lawyer will do the same. You will have to be tenacious to get it paid out, but it will happen. If the repairs were done well, I would imagine you will be looking at 10-15% of retail back, depending on the size of the repairs. I wasn't able to see the pictures, so it is hard to tell. The last wreck was pretty good sized though, wasn't it?
So your saying to wait until they are almost finished on my car before I start submitting my new claim? Also it turns out that the guy was driving a car thats covered by USAA insurance but the guy has State Farm insurance which is the same insurance company that the last guy had who rear-ended me... The damage last time was $6500 and this time it seems worse then before.... And you said 10-15% of retail? KBB said its $25,100 so that would be $3,765 max! Is it to late to go after the last guys insurance who hit me back in June also?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Since it is wrecked again, I would wait until it is almost fixed (a couple of days out) before you submit a claim on the first accident. Whick insurance company is fixing the car this time? Either way, you will want your car looking pretty good when it is inspected.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you take it to Stuarts? Insurance?

Man, that sucks buddy!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
the dude (driver) for sure fucked me with its resale value
Nah, you will be able to file a claim for that as well. They cant screw you out of anything because the purpose of insurance is to be made whole. If they try and jerk you around, just get a lawyer.

Sucks about the car man, I nearly had the same thing happen to me the other day. Some idiot in a wrangler flew out into the street I was driving down I swear no more then 15 ft infront of me, while i was doing bout 35-40. I had to slam on the breaks and slid to the right nearly hitting the curb
Old 10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Glad you are ok! ..but after 2 wrecks, I don't think I'd want the car back. Either try to get it totalled or go after the diminished value...or get it fixed and keep it forever..lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

There isn't enough damage there to total it, IMO. Even as pricy as the parts are, it's still quite a bit away. I will bet $8500. I had the same issue with my car. $9500 in damage, and not even close. It didn't look like there was any frame damage to Aaron's car, just a lot of bolt on parts. The downside of turning it after getting it fixed is that trade in on these cars is complete ****.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jon05CTSV
There isn't enough damage there to total it, IMO. Even as pricy as the parts are, it's still quite a bit away. I will bet $8500. I had the same issue with my car. $9500 in damage, and not even close. It didn't look like there was any frame damage to Aaron's car, just a lot of bolt on parts. The downside of turning it after getting it fixed is that trade in on these cars is complete ****.
wow your good! They said it would be 7500.. Im not sure they have checked the engine yet! That was at a glance and what they sent over to the insurance company!

Quick Reply: Another v bites the dust!!!!