Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Passkey 3 system questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passkey 3 system questions

Hi all,
Ok i need some help/clarification here. Just brought my 05 V home Saturday, and tonight it left me sitting (luckily in my aunts driveway). Drove there perfect, would not start to leave.

Put key in, lights all come on, fuel pump primes, etc. Turn key to start, and nothing. No cranking no starting.

If the Passkey 3 system disables the car, what exactly happens? Im pretty sure the little security light comes on and stays on when you turn the key on but dont remember now. When you turn key to start everything but check engine light goes out and no cranking.

Is it common for the key to go bad? Or for the system to lose connection with they key? Should the security light come on then go out like the other lights if everything is working normal?

I am going back down there tomorrow to investiegate further, but any extra info would be great.

Thanks
Tom
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

All I know for sure is that if the key isn't programmed, or the cylinder doesn't recognize the key, then the car will start, then die.

Check to make sure the clutch switch isn't messed up. If the very top of the pedal doesn't engage, then it won't allow teh car to start. You'll have to get way up in there to see, like your head touches the accelerator.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

doesnt sound like a security issue to me but who knows, sounds like the car doesnt know the clutch is engaged same symptoms at least
Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Did make some progress. disconnected battery for a couple minutes, no help. when i get in and turn the key on, the security light comes on and then goes back out. I crawled under the dash and disconnected the clutch safety switch and the car does the exact same thing. Turn the key, check engine light stays on and all other lights go out but no crank no start. Fuel pump still primes as normal.

Im going to try and find a way to bypass the clutch safety switch and test. i believe that may be the problem and I need to get this thing back on the road!...

Quick Reply: Passkey 3 system questions