Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Whats new in the CTS-V world?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
It would be a daily driver, actually for my girlfriend.
lol nice!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
4l80e should be fun to fit in the V.
+1 on that. It's truly massive, being almost 10" longer from face to mount than most common GM autos. The longest 4L60/700R is still about 4" shorter. The big issue is the pan, which is real space killer.

Be prepared to cut your floorboards and driveshaft tunnel extensively, relocate your rear crossmember, have new custom carpet installed, possibly relocate/modify seat rails, etc. Then you have to deal with the console, shifter and wiring harness mods.

If you're really bent on doing an auto, the 4L60E would require less butchery to install.

It's from very current personal experience that I speak, as I'm installing a 4L80E in a car originally equipped with a TH350, which was a marginal fit from the factory. I don't mind cutting it up as this car will be a fair weather limited-use (read: limited comfort) ride with the emphasis on high power, low weight and extreme durability.

Personally, if I was in the market for an auto car in the V vein, I believe that I'd look for a good used 2010 and just make it a 416!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by scatillac
+1 on that. It's truly massive, being almost 10" longer from face to mount than most common GM autos. The longest 4L60/700R is still about 4" shorter. The big issue is the pan, which is real space killer.

Be prepared to cut your floorboards and driveshaft tunnel extensively, relocate your rear crossmember, have new custom carpet installed, possibly relocate/modify seat rails, etc. Then you have to deal with the console, shifter and wiring harness mods.

If you're really bent on doing an auto, the 4L60E would require less butchery to install.

It's from very current personal experience that I speak, as I'm installing a 4L80E in a car originally equipped with a TH350, which was a marginal fit from the factory. I don't mind cutting it up as this car will be a fair weather limited-use (read: limited comfort) ride with the emphasis on high power, low weight and extreme durability.

Personally, if I was in the market for an auto car in the V vein, I believe that I'd look for a good used 2010 and just make it a 416!
a 2010 is WAY out of my price range, and a 4L60 would crumble under the weight of the V combined with the power it will make.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Buy an STS-V and be done with it. Comes with an auto minus the LS powerplant. And they are probably as cheap as the CTS-V nowadays.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
a 2010 is WAY out of my price range, and a 4L60 would crumble under the weight of the V combined with the power it will make.
Never thought I would see a quote like that from a Viper owner!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Kurlee Daddee
Buy an STS-V and be done with it. Comes with an auto minus the LS powerplant. And they are probably as cheap as the CTS-V nowadays.
The LS power plant is what draws me to the CTS-V, ive already had one. Ive got ALOT of parts ready to go in one...ill be going with a CTS-V if worse comes to worse maybe a G8 GT, but that is FAR from on the radar right now.

Originally Posted by SkullV
Never thought I would see a quote like that from a Viper owner!
lol im cheap

Quick Reply: Whats new in the CTS-V world?