Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Gforce CTS-V Anti-Wheel hop axle kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
I hear ya, lots of people waiting on tax returns
return? HA, whats that?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

I've had a few people ask about availability of the anti-wheel hop axle kits.

They are in stock and ready to ship

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any videos at the strip with these on?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Viscious
Any videos at the strip with these on?
I'm not that brave.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by whisler151
I'm not that brave.

At least you have both axles, won't have to worry about breaking one.
Hmmm, you've got the only axle kit that comes with both axles, LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Just ordered a set for my 05 online. What time do you guys open on monday, since i did the print and call payment method?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by redctsv
Just ordered a set for my 05 online. What time do you guys open on monday, since i did the print and call payment method?
Give us a call around 9 and I'll get you taken care of or give me a call here in a bit while I'm in the office.

Thanks
For the order!
Chris
Old 01-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whisler151
I'm not that brave.
aww come on you have a 07 diff.

lets see if that thing really is stronger then the 05
Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Just ordered them, they should ship out today. Thanks Chris.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Just ordered them, they should ship out today. Thanks Chris.
Yep, shipping out here in a bit.

Thanks for the order!

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
Yep, shipping out here in a bit.

Thanks for the order!

Thanks
Chris
Got the axles in two days, everything was nicely packed and came with install pics and full instructions. Hopefully i should have them installed by this weekend, and full review if weather permits( it snowed yesterday here in chicago). For all those who are wondering they are going on an LS6 V.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the axles in two days, everything was nicely packed and came with install pics and full instructions. Hopefully i should have them installed by this weekend, and full review if weather permits( it snowed yesterday here in chicago). For all those who are wondering they are going on an LS6 V.

Thanks.

Good luck with the install. You will love the axles.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, it was your vid that convinced me to buy them. Also how long did it take you to install them?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, it was your vid that convinced me to buy them. Also how long did it take you to install them?
I did the passenger side with a buddy, it took 4-5 hours. My performance shop did the driver side so I dont know how long but i'm guessing another 4 hours.

Its not that its that hard, its just getting everything to line back up when you are putting it all back together. The axle is the easy part.

Getting the outer CV joint off the axle is a pain. We used an axe to beat it off while the other person held it in the air.

If I had to do the install again, I bet it would take 2-3 hours. Simple, yet tedious work. Most important, make sure the axle is seated properly in the diff. The first time we did it wrong and the axle popped out. Not cool.

PM me if you have any questions and i'll try to help.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the orders guys!

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for all the orders guys!!
Chris
Old 02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Installed my g-force axles( both axles) today, Install was not bad at all, did it at a buddies house on a lift w/air tools took maybe 3 hours max. It started to snow here in chicago and with about 3 inches of snow and climbing i reved and slipped the clutch or dumped it about 10-15 times total a few times got abit vibration at like 3k rpms but absolutely no hop at all at any rpm, it just kicked side to side spinning the tires til redline at one point i went completely perpendicular to the road. So far no hop in the snow, where as before anything over 20% throttle it would hop like a bunny rabbit. Cant wait to try them on some dry pavement! ( on a side note my buddy said if any one is interested in having their axles installed we can do it no prob. pm me for details. Located in the chicagoland area).

Last edited by redctsv; 02-21-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:06 AM
FormerVendor

Installed my g-force axles( both axles) today, Install was not bad at all, did it at a buddies house on a lift w/air tools took maybe 3 hours max. It started to snow here in chicago and with about 3 inches of snow and climbing i reved and slipped the clutch or dumped it about 10-15 times total a few times got abit vibration at like 3k rpms but absolutely no hop at all at any rpm, it just kicked side to side spinning the tires til redline at one point i went completely perpendicular to the road. So far no hop in the snow, where as before anything over 20% throttle it would hop like a bunny rabbit. Cant wait to try them on some dry pavement! ( on a side note my buddy said if any one is interested in having their axles installed we can do it no prob. pm me for details. Located in the chicagoland area).
Thats great news! Cant wait to hear what it does on dry pavement.
Both axles seem to work great plus you have the piece of mind knowing you have 300m axles on both sides now

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Feed back part 2: monday morning the roads were clear and very wet( similar to a good rainy day) at anything up to about 30-60% throttle in 1st or second no wheel hop at all, where before wheel hop was hit or miss( more hit the faster and more throttle i gave it) . In first gear and rolling smashing the gas the tires would spin for half a sec then started to hop( only tired this once). easing into full throttle the tires would just spin until like 5k rpms then they would wheel hop again. Did the same thing again except once i felt the wheels begin to hop i ripped the 1-2 shift, they spun hard for a sec started to get a bit sideways(before it would keep hopping) then the wheel hop returned. Yes i had wheel hop in the rain( have heard this from several people) but the wheel hop did not feel as bad as before it, felt like the car was actually fighthing not to hop and wasnt as violent. Pre axles the it was like HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP, post axles its feels more like hop,hop,hop,hop,hop and like if the car was trying to not hop, but did.

i tried up 80% percent throttle til redline yesterday when the roads began to dry and they did not hop.

DRY ROAD TEST: alright guys so far i have been able to test these axles out in snow and rain over the past few days. In 3 inches plus of snow there is no hop. In the rain/snow slush depending on throttle percentage and rainfall/ occumilation the hop is greatly reduced or eliminated. So now onto the dry road test. I noticed since yesterday once the roads began to dry i was able to give the car more and more WOT though the rpms with out wheel hop.

Today i had to make a trip to chicago and on the high way with the roads dry i was able to go wot til redline( i ran out 4th) with no hop. In 2nd and 3rd got nothing but wheels spin. As i was just about to get back to work i was on what seemed like to be a very dry road. Hmmm perfect opportunity to dry these suckers out from a dig. I checked my mirrors and the road and there was no on comming traffic or traffic behind he.

I quickly brought the car to a complete stop reved to about 4k and slipped the clutch very aggressively and the car just roasted the tires with the rear fishtailing back and forth, babied 2nd a bit and the roasting continued WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WHEEL HOP. let off in the upper rpms of second, i looked in the rear view and saw 2 nice long black patches hell yeah. I turned on the next street and went back to the same starting position. Reved the car again to about 4k dumped the clutch, no wheel hop again, fishtailed alot ripped second the tires kept screaming and no wheel hop with even longer black stipes on the road again. Went back and lined up again with the same result, this time i ripped third and the car finally caught traction again! Looked I went back and drove by very slow to admire my 3 overlaying burnouts! Thanks G-force!

Just waiting now on my Monster clutch to arrive at modern muscle, along with some sticky tirres, my custom grind cam and warmer weather that 30 degrees. This summer is starting to look alot better! Yes i will be going to the drag strip this year.

Quick Reply: Gforce CTS-V Anti-Wheel hop axle kits