Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Gforce CTS-V Anti-Wheel hop axle kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redctsv
Feed back part 2: monday morning the roads were clear and very wet( similar to a good rainy day) at anything up to about 30-60% throttle in 1st or second no wheel hop at all, where before wheel hop was hit or miss( more hit the faster and more throttle i gave it) . In first gear and rolling smashing the gas the tires would spin for half a sec then started to hop( only tired this once). easing into full throttle the tires would just spin until like 5k rpms then they would wheel hop again. Did the same thing again except once i felt the wheels begin to hop i ripped the 1-2 shift, they spun hard for a sec started to get a bit sideways(before it would keep hopping) then the wheel hop returned. Yes i had wheel hop in the rain( have heard this from several people) but the wheel hop did not feel as bad as before it, felt like the car was actually fighthing not to hop and wasnt as violent. Pre axles the it was like HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP, post axles its feels more like hop,hop,hop,hop,hop and like if the car was trying to not hop, but did.

i tried up 80% percent throttle til redline yesterday when the roads began to dry and they did not hop.

DRY ROAD TEST: alright guys so far i have been able to test these axles out in snow and rain over the past few days. In 3 inches plus of snow there is no hop. In the rain/snow slush depending on throttle percentage and rainfall/ occumilation the hop is greatly reduced or eliminated. So now onto the dry road test. I noticed since yesterday once the roads began to dry i was able to give the car more and more WOT though the rpms with out wheel hop.

Today i had to make a trip to chicago and on the high way with the roads dry i was able to go wot til redline( i ran out 4th) with no hop. In 2nd and 3rd got nothing but wheels spin. As i was just about to get back to work i was on what seemed like to be a very dry road. Hmmm perfect opportunity to dry these suckers out from a dig. I checked my mirrors and the road and there was no on comming traffic or traffic behind he.

I quickly brought the car to a complete stop reved to about 4k and slipped the clutch very aggressively and the car just roasted the tires with the rear fishtailing back and forth, babied 2nd a bit and the roasting continued WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WHEEL HOP. let off in the upper rpms of second, i looked in the rear view and saw 2 nice long black patches hell yeah. I turned on the next street and went back to the same starting position. Reved the car again to about 4k dumped the clutch, no wheel hop again, fishtailed alot ripped second the tires kept screaming and no wheel hop with even longer black stipes on the road again. Went back and lined up again with the same result, this time i ripped third and the car finally caught traction again! Looked I went back and drove by very slow to admire my 3 overlaying burnouts! Thanks G-force!

Just waiting now on my Monster clutch to arrive at modern muscle, along with some sticky tirres, my custom grind cam and warmer weather that 30 degrees. This summer is starting to look alot better! Yes i will be going to the drag strip this year.
Great feedback!
Glad your enjoying your car more now with our axles

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fafnir
any way i can get a set of these for a corvette C6 application?

_

I could sure make some. Would you happen to have an extra set of OEM C6 half shafts I could start with?

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-01-2010, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fafnir
i don't

but i'd be happy to pay for some so that you would be able to start though, e.g. send cost of half shafts or deposit, etc

do you have paypal?

i have a 2008 C6, with A6 auto

_
Thanks for calling, I'll get to work on the C6 axles.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 04:37 PM
FormerVendor

I'll have more axles in stock ready to ship on 03/11

Thanks for all the orders guys!
Chris
Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently had a complete set installed in a 2007. Haven't really tried to "test" for wheel hop, but I wanted to say the customer service was OUTSTANDING.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

That is good to hear as I will be ordering 1 for my 04 soon.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

+1 on customer service and so far so good on day one with full set installed but my diff is brand new I better take her easy for a bit lol
Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have installed these, and I would highly recommend these to anyone with a CTS-V that still rolls. These things seem to be the deal. Didn't really get a chance to drive the vehicle hard but, a slow roll out in first gear under decent load but not full throttle(right about where a stock axle'd V would be hopping)....this thing didn't hop at all. I didn't even need to test it again. You can honestly tell right away that they were going to work from that initial lite blip of the throttle.

Nice job Chris, thank you for getting me the axle's and parts asap. I appreciate it. Great product.

Jamie@Vera Motors
Old 03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Should be ordering her in the next couple of weeks. I was just wondering was is the significance of just ordering the driverside vs both sides?? Do they tend to hop on the d-side more?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

getting just the one is the most basic way to stop the hop. it will give you a different size axle than the other then they twist at different rates therefore the wheels spin rather than hop (untechnical way i understand it)
Old 03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie and Vera are the best. Any V drivers in South Florida should look him up.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TomJoeC88
getting just the one is the most basic way to stop the hop. it will give you a different size axle than the other then they twist at different rates therefore the wheels spin rather than hop (untechnical way i understand it)
Would it make a difference if they where different sizes? The spline is still locking it in an determining the speed at which it turns?
Old 03-21-2010, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I have installed these, and I would highly recommend these to anyone with a CTS-V that still rolls. These things seem to be the deal. Didn't really get a chance to drive the vehicle hard but, a slow roll out in first gear under decent load but not full throttle(right about where a stock axle'd V would be hopping)....this thing didn't hop at all. I didn't even need to test it again. You can honestly tell right away that they were going to work from that initial lite blip of the throttle.

Nice job Chris, thank you for getting me the axle's and parts asap. I appreciate it. Great product.

Jamie@Vera Motors
No problem on the overnight shipping.

Since then I have totaly changed the boots and cv clamps that we put in the kit.
It's a much better kit now, boots and cv clamps are matched much better.

Thanks for a great review of a great product!

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-21-2010, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28poweredlt1
Should be ordering her in the next couple of weeks. I was just wondering was is the significance of just ordering the driverside vs both sides?? Do they tend to hop on the d-side more?
Runing both axles is the best fix but changing out just one will make a night and day difference. If doing just one axle, make sure you order a big diameter passenger side for 04-05 or a smaller drivers side for 06-07.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do these come with new axle nuts?
Thanks Keith
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tityrous
Do these come with new axle nuts?
Thanks Keith
No but I can start stocking them for guys wanting them. Axle nuts are pretty cheap.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
FormerVendor

I have one more set in stock and once those are gone it'll be about 2 weeks before I have more ready to ship.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i cant wait for these to get here. Thanks for the fast service so far, my wife said you had great customer service on the phone.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tityrous
well i cant wait for these to get here. Thanks for the fast service so far, my wife said you had great customer service on the phone.
No problem, I pride my self in great customer service

The axles are at FedEx now.

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: Gforce CTS-V Anti-Wheel hop axle kits