Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

looking for a cts-v to purchase, are there just not many available?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by egypt123
Spoken from a guy with a Mustang as his avatar with "WTB a CTSV" in his sig. If you're deals are so great, then why haven't you bought one of them? That "supposed" one you know of for $15k fits right into your WTB criteria.
Mustang? Its an 03 cobra bro and unfortunately it was stolen on the 31st of last month. I'm looking for a replacement now. The only reason im looking for a V and not jumping back into another cobra is because i make a pretty good daily commute now between work and school so i spend a lot of time in the car. My cobra was too modded and too clean with low miles to be a daily. It was more of a toy as most of them are. The V is the perfect mix for what i need and prices are dropping on them. Another nice cobra would cost me quite a bit more than what i can pay for a V. And, after i rack the miles up on her, i can either sell it off with high mileage and still get a pretty good buck because people will always want them or i can drop a built motor and go big.

Im all into buying cars cheap enough that i can turn them after driving them for awhile and make my money back or at least break even. Ive owned 20 cars in the last 3 years (none of which were beaters) and made money on every deal. Before the cobra, i had a super clean 06 300C SRT8. Im just patient and know what to look for and when to jump.

The one for $15k with black interior im looking into myself. Main reason... the black interior alone. Problem is, its out of state so its taking time. Of my choices, its def my preference over the nasty tan interior and grey is alright but black is by far the best. I wanted a black V but the silvers not bad and with the black interior, it would look nice. Found a screaming deal a couple months ago on the greenish/greyish V but just couldnt stomach the color. Just my opinion.

So... Yes, deals are out there. Im not talking out of my ***. I can provide links to all of the cars i speak of. I dont like someone coming on here thinking im talking out of my *** about the prices i find because i've found some cheaper than most can and maybe you paid too much for yours. Im not trying to step on any toes... I just know where to look and I know when to jump. Ive done good for myself and ill get what i want for the price i want to pay. I always do. And just because you get a car at a good price, doesnt mean its not as "clean" as one for more money. Yes, a lot of times, that is the case. Usually price is a reflection of condition/value but A LOT of times, its not.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 01-23-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GulfM3
If your buddy wants to demod his heads and catback tell him to PM me, He is giving all that away at 16K anyway.
The car is not actually "for sale" but if I wanted it, thats what he would let it go for. He's a doctor and good friend of mine and he owns quite a large fleet of vehicles. Hes had everything from 800RWHP N/A C6 z06's to an H2 Hummer on 40's with everything custom. The V is his daily. Everything is forsale in his eyes. Im still considering picking that one up and just doing an interior swap to black when i get the chance. The dash and console is black anyway. Its got a lot of good mods and hes about to add more. Told me yesterday hes having the Kooks LT's put on it with electric cutouts this weekend and i can still have it for the same price. If i dont buy it, he wants to build a turbo kit for it. He figures when the shortblock finally gives, he will go with a nice 427 stroker setup and have the heads works even more and maybe a bigger cam at that time. Its clean though and drives like it has 20k on it and he takes care of his rides. As far as parting anything off it, i know he wouldnt be interested in that.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh... and back to my original question...

Why an 05 or newer? Is there something wrong with 04?

Only difference is the magnetic ride control option in 05 and if you plan on doing suspension on the car (like myself), its not worth having anyway.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 01-23-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Oh... and back to my original question...

Why an 05 or newer? Is there something wrong with 04?

Only difference is the magnetic ride control option in 05 and if you plan on doing suspension on the car (like myself), its not worth having anyway.

No magnetic ride on 04-07 CTS-Vs. The only reason I think one would suggest to stay away from an '04 model would be because it was the 1st model-year run of the CTS-V and the ugly antenna mounted to the rear window. Other than that, nothing else. Sorry to hear about the Cobra. Just be aware of the weak differential in the '04/'05 if it hasn't been replaced with an upgraded one. Keep looking you'll find a good deal out there.

1st Generation Cadillac CTS-V Production numbers by model year:
__________________________________________________ ____

2004: 2,509
2005: 4,194
2006: 1,201
2007: 898
Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Slithering_Joe
No magnetic ride on 04-07 CTS-Vs. The only reason I think one would suggest to stay away from an '04 model would be because it was the 1st model-year run of the CTS-V and the ugly antenna mounted to the rear window. Other than that, nothing else. Sorry to hear about the Cobra. Just be aware of the weak differential in the '04/'05 if it hasn't been replaced with an upgraded one. Keep looking you'll find a good deal out there.

And i'd normally agree with that (not buying the first model) but if magnetic ride control wasnt an option until 08, nothing was changed from 04-05 except for that antenna. Im sure it could be removed if desired. The short little plastic antenna on top of car is for the onstar and the one on the fender is for the radio. The one on the window is for the phone is what i was told which i would never use anyway. Drivetrain doesnt change until 06 and there wasnt even a HP increase when they did change it. I could understand someone choosing an 06 for the newer LS2 over the 04/05 LS6 models but i dont see any difference really between 04 and 05. The LS6 is a bad *** motor. Believe its first year was 01 in the z06 if im thinking right but the ls1 has been around since 98.

And thanks man. It sucks but happens to the best of us. Theives are everywhere! Its a shame they are too lazy to get a job and work for what they want and that they would rather steal from those that do.

And yeah, ive heard about the rear diff. Im in the process of finding out if the diff has been upgraded on this 04 im looking at for $15k. If so, ill prob scoop it up.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
The car is not actually "for sale" but if I wanted it, thats what he would let it go for.
I'm not trying to get on you or say you're talking out your ***, but look at what you posted...

You know of 3 current deals - one of which is a 100k-mile highly-modded, which very, very few buyers would want to buy, that isn't really for sale to anyone but maybe you and the owners friends. The other one is getting up there in mileage (~62k) for a lot buyers that are considering on plunking down that sort of cash - as well as it's out of state (thus more risk, hassle and costs). And the last one is at a dealership that even you say doesn't meet your criteria. The OP said he's having a hard time finding a deal in his area for the car that matches what he wants and price range - and you're pretty much seeing the same thing. I just think if he needs a car soon (I'm not sure what his situation is)and wants to find something that matches the color/mileage/warranty/etc he wants, he may have to pay up around the ~$20K range. If the dealer one you speak of is still avaliable, then please post a link or the dealer contact info so other members interested in buying (like the OP) can check it out.

Look, I'm not saying you can't find deals out there, sure you can... But in most cases, one or more of the following will likely have to occur - 1) the person has the luxury or ability to wait, 2) they need to find someone willing to take a loss, 3) they need to be willing to travel and take that risk, and/or 4) they need to be willing to buy something that doesn't match their exact search criteria.

Sorry to hear about your Cobra and good luck on your search for a V. You'll love the car.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.cornerstonemotor.com/webt...px?iid=2555104

that's my old car. Has ground controls, full BMR rear suspension, 06+ diff, and hawk hp+ pads. I traded it right after Christmas for a "new" Sierra Denali.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Launching!

unfortunatley for us southeast guys there are slim pickings. I had to expand my search area to atleast 500 miles just to find more choices and I had nothing crazy for my search. 04-05, black with tan or black...silver with black, under 60K miles around 18-19k in price. The one I found was 400 miles away and was the closest one I could find but meet my search criteria! There were a ton that were either in TX or up north towards great lakes area!

here is everyone on Autotrader
AutoTrader ADs

1 owner in Fort Myers, FL.

Last edited by TriGuy; 01-25-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Teching In

I have an 05 with 44k kooks , corsa, LS7 Clutch, intake, clean clean clean.. Let it go for 20k
Old 01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks

Adam
Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1badvee
I have an 05 with 44k kooks , corsa, LS7 Clutch, intake, clean clean clean.. Let it go for 20k
Hey brother, when you have a chance, please respond to my PMs. Thanks.

**Sorry for the threadjack**
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
May I ask how you come across this info?

Thanks

Adam
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Old 01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i could be talked out of mine immediately if the price is right.. holla

04 silver v 74k
22% tint (verified by cop)
2 jl 10w3 subs in a box with a nice jl amp (it hits)
stock wheels powdercoated graphite grey
upgraded differential
bfg kdw2 tires
hotchkis swaybars front and rear
custom cradle spacers
custom lowered 2+ inches (low low)
b&b longtubes, cats, b&b touring catback
bbk shifter
tpis single mass clutch kit
custom motors mounts, filled trans mount
ported tb
cold air intake
just installed *ran a 12.8 before these mods on the kdw's*
tune
160 thermostat
g-force passenger axle
comp z series 224 cam
walbro 255 fuel pump
comp 918 springs
Old 01-27-2010, 06:18 PM
gex
Teching In

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/1572971830.html

Not a bad deal 64k miles I think from there website.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

I paid 25 for a 2007 with 24k miles on it just recently. I was very happy with the deal.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by egypt123
I'm not trying to get on you or say you're talking out your ***, but look at what you posted...

You know of 3 current deals - one of which is a 100k-mile highly-modded, which very, very few buyers would want to buy, that isn't really for sale to anyone but maybe you and the owners friends. The other one is getting up there in mileage (~62k) for a lot buyers that are considering on plunking down that sort of cash - as well as it's out of state (thus more risk, hassle and costs). And the last one is at a dealership that even you say doesn't meet your criteria. The OP said he's having a hard time finding a deal in his area for the car that matches what he wants and price range - and you're pretty much seeing the same thing. I just think if he needs a car soon (I'm not sure what his situation is)and wants to find something that matches the color/mileage/warranty/etc he wants, he may have to pay up around the ~$20K range. If the dealer one you speak of is still avaliable, then please post a link or the dealer contact info so other members interested in buying (like the OP) can check it out.

Look, I'm not saying you can't find deals out there, sure you can... But in most cases, one or more of the following will likely have to occur - 1) the person has the luxury or ability to wait, 2) they need to find someone willing to take a loss, 3) they need to be willing to travel and take that risk, and/or 4) they need to be willing to buy something that doesn't match their exact search criteria.

Sorry to hear about your Cobra and good luck on your search for a V. You'll love the car.

No problem. I just thought you were jumping my *** so if it was my misunderstanding, i apologize. I simply posted the cars that i know of at the moment for good prices. And while i agree 100k is alot of miles on a car like this, a built shortblock wouldnt cost much to put you back at 0 considering all of the other goodies it already has. Ill see if i can get the link to the dealer. Might be sold by now though.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

There are 3 V's in the Northern Va area that fit your description. I know that is a hike, but they are out there. Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default 2006 v

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
looking online and on autotrader, and there just arent many available. i keep reading about guys selling nice V1s for 18k or so, but everywhere i look online is 26-28k.

what the hell is going on. can you folks help me find a nice lower milage 05-06 for around 20k in the southeast? figured florida would be crawling with them, but apparently i am mistaken.
The Kelly blue book on a 2006 is 26K.... u can get a high mileage 2006 for low 20's but try to get a low mileage 06 or 07 for that price..u won't find many.
good luck though

Last edited by GREG O.; 01-30-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

I had a hard time trying to find one myself. Most were either too far away, too much $$, had too many miles or had some goofy color combination. I finally found mine, a Raven '06 with 48,500 miles for $23,300. And I had to drive an hour and forty minutes for that one. There was a silver '06 that was closer that had 33k miles on it and the dealer wanted $30k.. no thanks. You also have to figure they only made an average of 3k V's a year between '04-'06 and only roughly 1700 in '07. So they're not too common..

Quick Reply: looking for a cts-v to purchase, are there just not many available?