Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Transmount = noise amp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newer and softer!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

See, I have the UUC motor mounts sitting in my trunk. After the amount of vibrations I was getting from the trans mount, I was very turned off with installing the motor mounts.

So your saying, even with fairly stiff MM, your shake/rattle and roll is somewhat under control via the softer trans mount? Wonder how my UUC v2 mm would do with the OEM trans mount.

I gotta say, I feel no difference in shifting, throttle response after putting the stock trans mount in. The car feels the same, just much much much quieter.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When updating mounts to stiffer units, the engine mounts should always be done first. I experienced the issue with a Fox body Mustang years ago. A stiff trans/stock engine mount will cause the trans case to flex and may create difficult shifting, fatigue the trans case, and eventually lead to failure. This is because the engine is still moving in a stock fashion, but the trans is no longer moving the same. The stiffer engine mounts will locate the engine better and allow more precise shifting.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
See, I have the UUC motor mounts sitting in my trunk. After the amount of vibrations I was getting from the trans mount, I was very turned off with installing the motor mounts.

So your saying, even with fairly stiff MM, your shake/rattle and roll is somewhat under control via the softer trans mount? Wonder how my UUC v2 mm would do with the OEM trans mount.

I gotta say, I feel no difference in shifting, throttle response after putting the stock trans mount in. The car feels the same, just much much much quieter.
Yep, even with the stiffest current mounts on the market I have next to no added vibration with the soft mount in. I would not hesitate to install those UUC motor mounts with the stock mounts or give Max at creative Steel a call for the whole setup and sell the UUCs to someone else!

Originally Posted by lubelizard
When updating mounts to stiffer units, the engine mounts should always be done first. I experienced the issue with a Fox body Mustang years ago. A stiff trans/stock engine mount will cause the trans case to flex and may create difficult shifting, fatigue the trans case, and eventually lead to failure. This is because the engine is still moving in a stock fashion, but the trans is no longer moving the same. The stiffer engine mounts will locate the engine better and allow more precise shifting.
Yep, never do trans mount before motor mounts, even if it is 100000x easier!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SkullV
Yep, even with the stiffest current mounts on the market I have next to no added vibration with the soft mount in. I would not hesitate to install those UUC motor mounts with the stock mounts or give Max at creative Steel a call for the whole setup and sell the UUCs to someone else!

Yep, never do trans mount before motor mounts, even if it is 100000x easier!
+100 on that. I have the first version black motor mounts and to this day would not buy any other motor mounts. I zero complaints.