Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Are CPO cars worth the extra $$?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010 | 12:37 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

Default Are CPO cars worth the extra $$?

I'm looking at a few CTS-V's and a few of them are Certified PreOwned and they are a little bit more with the same or higher milage compared to a few non CPO cars. Is the CPO worth the extra few thousand? I would say no, but I just wanted your guy's opinions on the subject.

Now its all about what color to get... I was dead set on black, now i'm kicking around Thunder Gray or Silver... decisions ... decisions...

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2010 | 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Mine was not a CPO but i bought extended warranty when i bought it from the local caddy dealer. I am glad I did too it has more than paid for itself with just little. had the diff bushing replaced, small leak from a valve cover seal, the navi unit because a disc was stuck and would not eject...they just replaced the whole thing, along with some other small stuff but for the extra 1500 it cost it paid for itself with the navi unit and then some. plus it is good for three years or 30k more miles.
Old 02-26-2010 | 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

I'd say yes, but that depends on how much the dealer wants to add for the CPO. Back when I bought my '04, the added cost was about $1K, but the CPO extended the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage until 3/2011 or 100K.
Turned out to be a great selling feature when I sold it to buy my '09.
It's all negotiable with the dealership.
Old 02-26-2010 | 02:04 PM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by the_fast_one
Mine was not a CPO but i bought extended warranty when i bought it from the local caddy dealer. I am glad I did too it has more than paid for itself with just little. had the diff bushing replaced, small leak from a valve cover seal, the navi unit because a disc was stuck and would not eject...they just replaced the whole thing, along with some other small stuff but for the extra 1500 it cost it paid for itself with the navi unit and then some. plus it is good for three years or 30k more miles.
Yeah I wish the local dealerships had an 07, they are all over the country and none locally anymore I missed out on a smokin deal, but oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles.

I could probably buy the extended warranty from any GM dealership, since alot of the ones that i'm seeing are not on caddy dealerships. I hope to get one soon, so I will make 100% sure to at least get the extended warranty.

I was kicking around getting an 09, but they are still a bit pricey and I have a decent down payment, but I'm not trading anything. My truck is paid for and they wont give me more than 9k for it which is ridiculous for a truck with only 65k miles, every option and sticker'd for 40k, but oh well.. 28k is much nicer than 49k anyway. I just like to pay things off in 1 or 2 years, so i'll just trade in whatever 07 I end up with for an 09 or 10 when they come down a bit in price.
Old 02-26-2010 | 02:57 PM
On The Tree

I had the dealer find me one I paid 23k out the door with tax title license and warranty and it only had 42k miles
Old 02-26-2010 | 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

like said above, i paid a thousdand dollars extra for the CPO and that gave me the 6yr/100k mile warranty which runs through june 2011. And it has paid for itself at least five times already and thats no joke.