Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Stability control... WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
use the search and read about this car... there are all type of things that go wrong with this car regaurdless of milage... just to list a few

every bushing and mount
radiator (lower drivers side corner)
weak waterpump seals.
diff of course
steering sensor
cheap chipped buttons
garbage wheel bearings
junk flywheel
crappy pilot bearing
bad strut mount
forgot to add swaybar bushings and tierod ends...but its fun as hell to drive

and thats just my car with 50k... you'll read about everybody elses problems if you go back a bit
My car is def due for bushings and mounts im sure. Radiator has been replaced. Water pump seals havent been an issue yet at least to my knowledge... (fingers crossed!). lol Diff needs to be replaced. I think i still have the 04/05 diff and the extra one that came with the car is 04/05 as well. Steering sensor is obviously needing to be replaced. My cheap chipped buttons are def there. Dont think i have any issues with wheel bearings yet... at least that i can hear or feel. Junk flywheel... CHECK! Hate the dual plate crap that makes the car shimmy when you turn it off. The rest i dont think i have issues with but ill def be replacing my strut mounts cause ill be dropping the car soon and ill do the swaybar bushings and tierod ends since im sure they are junked already too.

Glad to hear its a common V thing though and not just 100k mile thing. lol Was beginning to think maybe i should have ponied up the cash for a lower mileage V but it seems everyone regardless of mileage experiences these things.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
I don't have any issue with 245/45's up front and 275/40's in the rear. I've had the V over 140 mph many, many times and haven't had the stability system kick in.

The difference in overall diameter of the tires 0.5 mm which is a 0.07% difference in circumference. Not quite enough to have an impact on the stability system.
liek i said in my original post, This is what I have HEARD.....I have read multiple threads and this was brought up multiple times, is it true, you got me but i was throwing it out there.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
liek i said in my original post, This is what I have HEARD.....I have read multiple threads and this was brought up multiple times, is it true, you got me but i was throwing it out there.
I welcome any kind of help i can get!! I didnt know there was only a slight difference in overall diameter between the 2 until i looked it up myself. It could have very possibly been my issue.

Thanks to everyone for your help!!

Quick Reply: Stability control... WTF???