Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My big cam V

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that magnaflow does sound good, If I get rid of my cutout Im going that route.

To the O.P. any dyno numbers?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry guys, no dyno numbers yet. I havent set the tune to kill mode yet since I've been busy with work and family. My AFR is set 11.8 and timing is at 25 degrees, which still leaves about 25hp on the table. Once I set my AFR to 12.8 at timing to 28 degrees, then I'll hit the dyno. Hopefully in two weeks. I still need to port my TB and fabricate a 4" CAI.

So far, im very happy with the MS3 cam. It starts right up in 40 degree weather without an hesitation. People complain about hard starts, and bad street manners with big cams, but its the tune that makes all the difference in drivability.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
NICE JOB, Rhett!! I see what you have been up to now. When are we going to the track again?? I know you can't wait.
Thanks man! Yea, been really busy. I had a day off so I decided to pull this off. I might hit the track this friday for some shake down runs.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
that magnaflow does sound good, If I get rid of my cutout Im going that route.

To the O.P. any dyno numbers?
maxspeed,

Are you thinking of getting rid of your cutout? I ask because I think I am going to pull the trigger on some maybe in a few months and I just wanted to know if you are having problems with it, or don't like it, etc.?

STAGEUP,

Nice car, love the sound, and I bet the power is even more intoxicating!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tweeter81
maxspeed,

Are you thinking of getting rid of your cutout? I ask because I think I am going to pull the trigger on some maybe in a few months and I just wanted to know if you are having problems with it, or don't like it, etc.?

STAGEUP,

Nice car, love the sound, and I bet the power is even more intoxicating!
The sound is amazing, no issues and the 4hp gain across the board is nice too.

But Id like to lower my V, and with the cutout Ill have clearance issues If I do lower. I either will have to buy a catback or find a diffrent low profile cutout...

But the cutout is like a fun button hehe
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
The sound is amazing, no issues and the 4hp gain across the board is nice too.

But Id like to lower my V, and with the cutout Ill have clearance issues If I do lower. I either will have to buy a catback or find a diffrent low profile cutout...

But the cutout is like a fun button hehe
Cool. I was thinkin' DMH Low Pro cutouts, but I am already lowered about 1" (and would like to go a little more) but I don't want to have clearance issues...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Both cars sound good!!

So... Stageup's car has kooks, no cats and a mag catback with the smaller magnaflow 14416 mufflers fabbed in and the other black car posted has kooks, no cats and a B&B catback with a cutout also?

I like the B&B but they sound pretty similar for the mag being a good bit cheaper and still stainless.

Im planning to run the HPE S-cam in my car but that MS3 cam has almost the exact same specs so maybe ill consider that one instead. I def gotta get LTs and chop my cats so i can run a cutout. Cant decide on keeping my mag catback and fabbing some louder muffs in or selling it for another catback if i find one used that i like. Back and forth... back and forth... lol
Old 03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Both cars sound good!!

So... Stageup's car has kooks, no cats and a mag catback with the smaller magnaflow 14416 mufflers fabbed in and the other black car posted has kooks, no cats and a B&B catback with a cutout also?

I like the B&B but they sound pretty similar for the mag being a good bit cheaper and still stainless.

Im planning to run the HPE S-cam in my car but that MS3 cam has almost the exact same specs so maybe ill consider that one instead. I def gotta get LTs and chop my cats so i can run a cutout. Cant decide on keeping my mag catback and fabbing some louder muffs in or selling it for another catback if i find one used that i like. Back and forth... back and forth... lol
I personally would just leave your exhaust unmolested if you already have a Magnaflow cat-back and just go with cut-outs, that way you can have mellow, but still great sounding cat-back sounds, or super-obnoxious loud awesome open header sounds.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tweeter81
I personally would just leave your exhaust unmolested if you already have a Magnaflow cat-back and just go with cut-outs, that way you can have mellow, but still great sounding cat-back sounds, or super-obnoxious loud awesome open header sounds.
Thats true. Doesnt make much sense i guess to cut the catback up to make it louder just to put cutouts in later as well. Prob smarter to keep it more mellow like you said since im going the cutout route.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Okay guys. My tune is now set to "kill mode".

I'll post an in car video of it on the juice tomorrow. Sucker is mind bending!!!!!! lol
Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Okay guys. My tune is now set to "kill mode".

I'll post an in car video of it on the juice tomorrow. Sucker is mind bending!!!!!! lol
LOL! I bet man! Cant wait to see it!!

You need to get her on the Dyno in kill mode!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stageup the car sounds mean. cant wait for some final numbers
Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you gotten any numbers yet?

Quick Reply: My big cam V