Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cut my springs today... results...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010 | 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by A-Bomb
that is true!
Lol! Ur the same way homie...
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Sweet! How many miles on em? Think they will be expensive to ship? Id like to grab an extra set just to have on the side should i ever want to go back to stock (which i doubt but the options is nice). lol

And sorry i havent posted pics guys. Let my buddy take it to tint the windows for me and the car is dirty anyway. Im at work again now (I have no life) and it will prob be tomorrow before i get some pics and even at that, they will be dirty... lol

60k miles on them. I will send you a PM, when they are pulled and ready if you are interested.
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
60k miles on them. I will send you a PM, when they are pulled and ready if you are interested.
Yes, please pm me. Like i said, wouldnt mind having a backup set...

Thanks!!
Old 03-08-2010 | 11:01 PM
Teching In

take a cell phone pic if you have to.. im really ready to do this and my V is black too. so i wanna see some results!!! wheres the pics dude

morgan
Old 03-09-2010 | 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by socalfastV
take a cell phone pic if you have to.. im really ready to do this and my V is black too. so i wanna see some results!!! wheres the pics dude

morgan
Not to jack this guys thread, but here are pics of my Black V with the springs cut:
Attached Thumbnails Cut my springs today... results...-carshow.jpg   Cut my springs today... results...-pass1.jpg   Cut my springs today... results...-side.jpg   Cut my springs today... results...-frontcorner.jpg   Cut my springs today... results...-rearcorner.jpg  

Old 03-09-2010 | 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Mine looks identical but with black wheels and smoked tails... lol

Thanks for posting bro!
Old 03-10-2010 | 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

my driver side rear is about 1/2 inch higher than my rear passenger but i cut the springs exactley the same. cant figure it out. owell...car still looks sick..lol
Attached Thumbnails Cut my springs today... results...-my-v-slammed.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010 | 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Yup, mine is off a tiny bit also. Sounds like we're all the same so I'm not going to worry about it.
Old 03-10-2010 | 08:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Sweet! I feel relieved! Lol sounds like were all gettin our leeeaaannn on! Lol
Old 03-13-2010 | 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

still no pics??????? WTF! LOL!
Old 03-13-2010 | 11:02 AM
Teching In

Sounds like RICE to me!!!
Old 03-13-2010 | 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Bahaha! You guys can stop ! LOL

I need to go wash it first but ill upload them tonight while i'm at work.

Thanks again guys for spending hours and hours wrenching on this PITA again last night! lol It seems like its settled out again after driving back home because its lower than it was last night. Not by much but i think ill just leave it alone. Sits pretty level and any lower, i think we might have clearance issues with the new 275/40's...
Old 03-14-2010 | 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

springs are out and ready for you. sending PM.

you will have some rubbing. I am on 275/40 Invos and they rub. Not all the time, but they do rub.

Need to get the fenders rolled and that will help some. I am sticking with this tire size, so i need to make it work.
Old 03-14-2010 | 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
springs are out and ready for you. sending PM.

you will have some rubbing. I am on 275/40 Invos and they rub. Not all the time, but they do rub.

Need to get the fenders rolled and that will help some. I am sticking with this tire size, so i need to make it work.
Post some pics! We cut mine down 1 coil in the front and 1-1/4 in the rear. It sits right over the tires now and it still rides pretty nice. I only rub on super steep driveways but i can usually avoid it if im really careful. I wouldnt want to go any lower i dont think. It looks good on the 275/40's. Contemplated going 275/35's but i think id get some fender gap back...

And for the stock springs, if you have someone else that wants em, dont wait on me. Id love to get em but i have a few other things i need to do first but if you still have them in awhile, ill most likely take them off your hands.
Old 03-14-2010 | 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02

Much better than stock height but im just one of those people that cant stand for something to not be perfect.
Sorry, but since when did cutting springs have anything to do with perfect? Shitty ride and bouncy as hell, Perfect=not being cheap and buy some lowering springs!
Old 03-14-2010 | 08:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2fast97Z
Sorry, but since when did cutting springs have anything to do with perfect? Shitty ride and bouncy as hell, Perfect=not being cheap and buy some lowering springs!
Actually, its not as bad as you would think. Aftermarket springs ride rougher than cut stock ones from my experience due to the higher spring rate...

Cutting my springs didn't have anything to do with being cheap. Saving money was just a bonus. Its the fact that you can't buy lowering springs that drop the car to exactly what I and a lot of others wanted so its the only other option unless you want to bag it....

But thanks for your opinion...
Old 03-20-2010 | 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

agreed! the ride is not bad with cut springs. just cut the bumps stops and its all good in the hood! yes its nicer to say i got aftermarket springs and blah blah blah. but by just looking at the car, you wont be able to tell. or by riding in it. when you lower any car you will feel a difference in the ride. unless you go with some gooood coilovers
Old 03-20-2010 | 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ferny
agreed! the ride is not bad with cut springs. just cut the bumps stops and its all good in the hood! yes its nicer to say i got aftermarket springs and blah blah blah. but by just looking at the car, you wont be able to tell. or by riding in it. when you lower any car you will feel a difference in the ride. unless you go with some gooood coilovers
I do see coilovers in my future when the $$$ permits it and when it reaches the top of my priority list but for now... my cut stockers are juse fine! To me, unless your going to go coilovers to begin with, i dont understand why anyone would waste their money on just aftermarket coils to get a very mild drop and have it ride the same or worse as the stockers you can cut for free. Thats just me though...
Old 03-20-2010 | 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

fwiw on the tire size debate and rubbing concerns, i run a 285/25/20 invo in the rear and don't rub with 3 girls in the back, and it tucks without anyone in it.

i did have my fenders rolled and pulled very carefully though, and it sits literally right on it and flush as can be, maybe 1mm. although, i would have to assume that through harsh driving, it would have to touch the sidewall a little bit, but i don't hear it nor see anything to resemble it rubbing. the fronts were a bigger concern though due to steering. that's a 245/30/20 invo, and it rubbed before the fender mod on turns in to gas stations or any uphill driveway.

and to comment on the coilovers, i wouldn't have it any other way. the gay 1" drops just weren't going to do it for me. i recall a measurement done by my guy calculating more than a 5" drop in difference from before/after comparisons on the oem height to the new height.

ferny knows wassup...

Last edited by tony tone; 03-20-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2010 | 07:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tony tone
fwiw on the tire size debate and rubbing concerns, i run a 285/25/20 invo in the rear and don't rub with 3 girls in the back, and it tucks without anyone in it.

i did have my fenders rolled and pulled very carefully though, and it sits literally right on it and flush as can be, maybe 1mm. although, i would have to assume that through harsh driving, it would have to touch the sidewall a little bit, but i don't hear it nor see anything to resemble it rubbing. the fronts were a bigger concern though due to steering. that's a 245/30/20 invo, and it rubbed before the fender mod on turns in to gas stations or any uphill driveway.

and to comment on the coilovers, i wouldn't have it any other way. the gay 1" drops just weren't going to do it for me. i recall a measurement done by my guy calculating more than a 5" drop in difference from before/after comparisons on the oem height to the new height.

ferny knows wassup...
Damn! Thats awesome! Did the coil overs do away with the stock shocks? Any spacers needed?

Might be doing those sooner than expected now... lol

Quick Reply: Cut my springs today... results...