Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Kooks 1 7/8 w/HF cats, stock resonator, muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds beast, I also snapped off a bolt during my headers swap, rear bolt on the passanger side. I was lucky and it broke right at the head of the bolt. I managed to get two small nuts on what was left and crank them together , put a wrench on that, then I got lucky and it came loose.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Same problem with the drivers rear bolt was broke off in the head i ended up buying a 90 degree drill to get it out... fun times with header installs!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a common problem I have never once read about lol. Glad its over and done with now and couldnt be happier with the outcome.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Love it
Old 04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Veteran

I really gotta make my car louder! That thing sounds sick bro! Mine is too quiet! Stock manis, cats and mag catback is silent even with the X instead of the resonator!

Im looking for a cheap way to make it sound good. The mag came on the car and i love the tips so i think i'm going to cut it up afterall to make it loud enough for me. Eventually, I'll have LT's but for now, i need to find something that will hold me over. I was thinking of running stock manis, stock cats, X and cutting the mag muffs out but keeping the tips. Basically a muffler+resonator delete.

After hearing the cats are really restrictive, i was thinking maybe i should get rid of those instead and get a tune for the o2's to be turned off. That will obviously cost more though and if i go that route, i'm pretty sure these mag muffs still wont be loud enough for my taste so ill still end up removing them and replacing them with some dynomax bullets or something else loud and aggressive!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tityrous
Same problem with the drivers rear bolt was broke off in the head i ended up buying a 90 degree drill to get it out... fun times with header installs!
Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
Sounds beast, I also snapped off a bolt during my headers swap, rear bolt on the passanger side. I was lucky and it broke right at the head of the bolt. I managed to get two small nuts on what was left and crank them together , put a wrench on that, then I got lucky and it came loose.
thanks, looking under my hood now, im missing both rear bolts.... cant wait! BTW MY HEADER GOT HERE TODAY!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
I really gotta make my car louder! That thing sounds sick bro! Mine is too quiet! Stock manis, cats and mag catback is silent even with the X instead of the resonator!

Im looking for a cheap way to make it sound good. The mag came on the car and i love the tips so i think i'm going to cut it up afterall to make it loud enough for me. Eventually, I'll have LT's but for now, i need to find something that will hold me over. I was thinking of running stock manis, stock cats, X and cutting the mag muffs out but keeping the tips. Basically a muffler+resonator delete.

After hearing the cats are really restrictive, i was thinking maybe i should get rid of those instead and get a tune for the o2's to be turned off. That will obviously cost more though and if i go that route, i'm pretty sure these mag muffs still wont be loud enough for my taste so ill still end up removing them and replacing them with some dynomax bullets or something else loud and aggressive!
Thanks, I couldnt be happier with the sound and performance so far. I think the stock mani's, stock cats, xpipe and muffler delete would sound great for the money itd cost.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Holy crap how big were those birds?!?! Sounds sweet!!

Graham
Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Thanks, I couldnt be happier with the sound and performance so far. I think the stock mani's, stock cats, xpipe and muffler delete would sound great for the money itd cost.
Thats what im thinking man. Im not very wealthy at the moment so I'd like to save as much as possible. I was getting a little ahead of myself trying to buy all the goodies for the V and then realized id rather just do the few things i really want to hold me over and just drive it until im done with school.

Im thinking im going to cut the muffs off tomorrow and see how it sounds with stock cats, X and muff delete. Id imagine it would be fairly similar to yours with high flow cats and resonator.

Id really like to do a cat delete and dynotune but a tune is about $400 and then labor on the cat removal will be $60 or so. Considering i could spend the $60 alone on doing the muffler delete and with keeping the stock cats, it will still pass inspection and wont throw a code, i can always tune it and cut the cats later and put some mufflers (either the mags or something louder) back in at that time.

Quick Reply: Kooks 1 7/8 w/HF cats, stock resonator, muffler delete