Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maggie plus Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOS + Maggie = lots of **** kicking, but a few things first.
1) 2.6" pulley should get you at least 8psi on 112, as I run 2.8" on 112 and maxes out at 7.5psi
2) 2.6" has slippage, what drive system do you have, if none, get on dyno and you may see slip, also check front of blower for black residue, as sure sign of the problem
3) 550RWHP is pushing internals, but visit any Vette forum and you will see 600+RWHP on C5Zs, I know my LS6 with a TT kit in a C5 did 800+RWHP, but only for a few seconds on the dyno, then it was tuned much lower
4) With stock rear and street tires, you will have issues getting power to the ground, but that's part of the fun

Good luck, keep us updated.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Im mistaken it has the 2.8 pulley...the guy i bought car from said the 2.6 had belt issues...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
Why? what are you changing in the tune? Im assuming the OP is using some kind of controller with timing retard built in so other than that what else can there be?
Anytime your doing a dramatic change like that it needs to go on the dyno and get a real tune. IMO a timing controller or something like that is not the best way to approach it. He is also talking about a $300-$400 nitrous kit...which will most likely not have any kind of controller what so ever. i would see that being a basic dry kit
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Must be dyno tuned without a doubt! As far as the shot, i'd go dry and spray into the TB. Prob nothing bigger than a 75 i wouldnt think with the maggie. Just enough to keep her cool and make some good ponies. The FI will make that smaller shot seem a lot bigger anyway.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Must be dyno tuned without a doubt! As far as the shot, i'd go dry and spray into the TB. Prob nothing bigger than a 75 i wouldnt think with the maggie. Just enough to keep her cool and make some good ponies. The FI will make that smaller shot seem a lot bigger anyway.
Id have to disagree with the dry part since your really really depending on the MAF and computer to add the fuel through the injectors. Plus you may not even have enough injector in the car for the shot the way it is. Id go with a wet kit if you do so you can use the power of the inline boost a pump to feed the fuel. With that much power and two types of FI depeneding on those things would scare the hell out of me.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
Anytime your doing a dramatic change like that it needs to go on the dyno and get a real tune. IMO a timing controller or something like that is not the best way to approach it.
I dont understand why you think that. Your telling me during N/A non nitrous driving hes got to drive around on a compromised tune that has reduced timing for the nitrous that he isnt using? It just doesnt make sense to me. If the car is already tuned for the maggie what is he going to change in the tune IF hes using a timing retard box or even just the IAT resistor mod? A wet shot should just need timing pulled?...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont understand why you think that. Your telling me during N/A non nitrous driving hes got to drive around on a compromised tune that has reduced timing for the nitrous that he isnt using? It just doesnt make sense to me. If the car is already tuned for the maggie what is he going to change in the tune IF hes using a timing retard box or even just the IAT resistor mod? A wet shot should just need timing pulled?...
Thats if you wanna be a complete idiot and lazy bastard to trust that the jetting will be dead on. If it isnt and you just pull timing you run the risk of running lean or rich. On my basically stock car the jetting rec. for a 100 shot was 5 jet sizes too small on the fuel side causing me to run extremely lean. I had to up the fuel jet 5 sized to get the a/f right. So even if you just wanna pull timing you HAVE to i repeat HAVE to log some a/fs and there is no better way then on a dyno with a A/F readout.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

I have 60lb injectors...im thinkn maybe only a 50 shot wet kit...some of the 400 dollar kits people are selling have a bottle warmer and extras w it...shouldnt need to change the tune coz its prolly tuned rich anyways...the guy that had it said it was a conservitive tune
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Thats if you wanna be a complete idiot and lazy bastard to trust that the jetting will be dead on. If it isnt and you just pull timing you run the risk of running lean or rich. On my basically stock car the jetting rec. for a 100 shot was 5 jet sizes too small on the fuel side causing me to run extremely lean. I had to up the fuel jet 5 sized to get the a/f right. So even if you just wanna pull timing you HAVE to i repeat HAVE to log some a/fs and there is no better way then on a dyno with a A/F readout.
I agree 110% but this is all in the jetting and has nothing to do with your tune. Getting on a dyno or just buying a wideband is a must with any power adder.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

If you dont tune it for the nitrous your asking for it to pop. But what do i know I clearly have no experience with nitrous lmfao
Old 04-27-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you dont tune it for the nitrous your asking for it to pop. But what do i know I clearly have no experience with nitrous lmfao
Your not answering the question. WHAT are you changing in the TUNE! and how does it affect performance off the jug!?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your not answering the question. WHAT are you changing in the TUNE! and how does it affect performance off the jug!?
yea I hear ya by tuning I meant logginf a/fs and making sure everything was in a safe area. Spraying a 50 shot will net him 80hp or so and with the blower you may want to pull a little timing. Im not experienced with the blower/nitrous combos. I would check out what the 03-04 cobra guys are doing since thats really one of the only cars with a roots blower that adds a small shot to it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

uugghh Im not joining a mustang forum This really is a valid question tho. I would really hate it for the OP if he goes out and gets his stuff tuned for the spray and it reduces in perfromance off the jug.

What im thinking is simply starting with a goal to add 100hp, wether its with a 75nitrous jet and a 150fuel jet or whatever. pull 3 degrees through something like HSW's interface and log your wide band. should be nice and safe?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea if he wanst to drop the money for the interface thats not a bad idea. Just make sure to log the runs on a dyno through some kind of software to make sure ervyhting is legit. That way off the jug he can run the best timing for the maggie.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Logging the runs is a must either way. I just dont see the point in spending the extra money on a controller that is going to pull timing when it needs to go on the dyno anyway. Why not just tune it for the nitrous. There are also tricks you can do where you run around on an NA tune then when you arm the system it pulls a given amount of timing. Im a fim believer of new tune or tune changes whenever you do a big mod like this to any vehicle. Just dont like counting on extra stuff to take care of it, its like murphys law. If it can go wrong it will go wrong. Simplify
Old 04-28-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Logging the runs is a must either way. I just dont see the point in spending the extra money on a controller that is going to pull timing when it needs to go on the dyno anyway. Why not just tune it for the nitrous. There are also tricks you can do where you run around on an NA tune then when you arm the system it pulls a given amount of timing. Im a fim believer of new tune or tune changes whenever you do a big mod like this to any vehicle. Just dont like counting on extra stuff to take care of it, its like murphys law. If it can go wrong it will go wrong. Simplify
HSW interface is what im talking about, pulls the timing only when the system is armed. That way you can run the best tune N/A and best tune on spray.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I was just referring to the cheapest, easiest way. Of course a direct port wet kit would be better but that much more expensive. Me personally, i wouldn't spray and a FI car and if i did, it would be a small shot.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was just referring to the cheapest, easiest way. Of course a direct port wet kit would be better but that much more expensive. Me personally, i wouldn't spray and a FI car and if i did, it would be a small shot.
Is direct port even possible with a maggie? I cant see it happeneing. A small wet shot would be the bets option.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmm... good point... Im not really sure but it would be the best if possible.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmm... good point... Im not really sure but it would be the best if possible.
Too small of a shot IMO for direct port. OP whats the decision?

Quick Reply: Maggie plus Nitrous