Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

National Speed: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Fitting a 325/30R19 on stock wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did it put down on the dyno?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
8 Second Club

440rwhp SAE
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RocketSSled
Not sure who Jordan used but I've widened my V1 rear wheels to 9.2" to fit some 275/40-18 tires. My inners were bent on 2 wheels so I fugured I'd have them widened. Check out www.EricVaughnMachine.com, Monrovia, CA. Eric did them for $300 each + shipping. Eric's number is 626-358-6413. Single weld with a new inner wheel blank - very professional job.
As Chris stated, yes, the customer and I found that with the half dozen commonly used wheel-widening company options available, Eric Vaughn was the way to go. I personally couldn't be happier with the results, they're perfect.

The car on display for the Cape Fear Corvette Dyno Day, find the V...

(spot the Borg Warner S400SX )

Then the car hit the dyno, and of course I did a little documenting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qejvV9T-OU

Needs more cowbell.

Last edited by Jordan_NationalSpeed; 05-23-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hoping a couple of my customers see this.

Tight work.

The car, shoulda came with this size tire outta box.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

You're not kidding. I wish there were more sticky options in this size though.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Ahhhh . . . I having a 'pink'n'black' attack . .

and there's another 'pink'n'black' . . in the back . . that's two . . what's with that?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 PM
8 Second Club

Speed Girls! We always have a few in stock for every dyno event we have!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Speed Girls are the best...

Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

...looks like about 5'2"... 110-115lbs of sleek and sexy.

...nice
Old 05-24-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if at one point i get one of these (V2), i will work to the death to fit a 345 on a 11.5/12" wheel. that 325 looks so sick, i could only imagine my boy's vette's 345s on them, although he's on a 12.5.

exceptional delivery OP. looks fantastic.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jordan_NationalSpeed
Speed Girls are the best...

do you give out free speed girls to customers? or is that a different type of business?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more on the crx and the rwd b-series of what looks to be a late model civic...

please...
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
...looks like about 5'2"... 110-115lbs of sleek and sexy.

...nice
Bingo.

Originally Posted by tony tone
if at one point i get one of these (V2), i will work to the death to fit a 345 on a 11.5/12" wheel. that 325 looks so sick, i could only imagine my boy's vette's 345s on them, although he's on a 12.5.

exceptional delivery OP. looks fantastic.
The customer is chomping at the bit for me to figure out a way to fit 345s under the car. We're starting to look at pulling fenders, it's getting a bit interesting, haha. I think we might start with a 335, and see how that works.

We just installed some 345s on a customer's C6 Z06 on a 13" wheel, and while we were installing them I mocked them up to the CTS-V... They look like they might work, actually.

In comparison to my size 13s...

I hope it'll work, the car would look insane with those tucked.

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
do you give out free speed girls to customers? or is that a different type of business?
PM me, we'll get it set up.

more on the crx and the rwd b-series of what looks to be a late model civic...

please...
The blue car is a "2010 Honda Accord" stock car that belongs to a good customer of mine; Robert Tighe. And you are correct, it has an ENDYN/ERL DART Honda B-Series hybrid in it with a T10 transmission.

Honda-Tuning's article on the car before we got it.

We're currently converting the car to coil-on-plug via AEM EMS, M&W Pro-14, Honda F4I CBR coils, Denso IK24s, Hall Effect sensor, magnetically impregnated Golden Eagle camshaft gear and a little help adapting everything by Tony Palo's excellent T1R products. Also we're getting some Injector Dynamics 720cc injectors installed in place of the RC Engineering injectors...

Operational components...

Ben setting up the base calibrations...

Quick dyno run from the last tuning session on Hondata S300 and factory ignition components...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bny4-MHhpDk

Pretty damn cool car.

Extremely quick rundown on the 1989 Honda CRX drag car (i.e. otherwise I'll list out everything on the car, and it'll turn into a novel):

- B16 engine
- 1.9liter
- MoTeC M800 with advanced tuning options (i.e. M820)
- Coil-on-plug
- Twin Aeromotive A1000 fuel pumps/twin -8AN fuel-feed lines/2,000cc injectors
- Full-Race
- Precision 7675HP billet compressor wheel dual-ball bearing turbocharger
- TiAL
- M-Factory dog box with 4.050 final drive and Quaife LSD

- 1,700lbs wet, capable of 1,000whp. We'll have it rolling again soon.

Last edited by Jordan_NationalSpeed; 05-24-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

seems like a cool shop to work at
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

That is a wide variety of sick cars. Kudos.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bingo.

The customer is chomping at the bit for me to figure out a way to fit 345s under the car. We're starting to look at pulling fenders, it's getting a bit interesting, haha. I think we might start with a 335, and see how that works.

We just installed some 345s on a customer's C6 Z06 on a 13" wheel, and while we were installing them I mocked them up to the CTS-V... They look like they might work, actually.

In comparison to my size 13s...

I hope it'll work, the car would look insane with those tucked.

PM me, we'll get it set up.

The blue car is a "2010 Honda Accord" stock car that belongs to a good customer of mine; Robert Tighe. And you are correct, it has an ENDYN/ERL DART Honda B-Series hybrid in it with a T10 transmission.

Honda-Tuning's article on the car before we got it.

We're currently converting the car to coil-on-plug via AEM EMS, M&W Pro-14, Honda F4I CBR coils, Denso IK24s, Hall Effect sensor, magnetically impregnated Golden Eagle camshaft gear and a little help adapting everything by Tony Palo's excellent T1R products. Also we're getting some Injector Dynamics 720cc injectors installed in place of the RC Engineering injectors...

Operational components...

Ben setting up the base calibrations...

Quick dyno run from the last tuning session on Hondata S300 and factory ignition components...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bny4-MHhpDk

Pretty damn cool car.

Extremely quick rundown on the 1989 Honda CRX drag car (i.e. otherwise I'll list out everything on the car, and it'll turn into a novel):

- B16 engine
- 1.9liter
- MoTeC M800 with advanced tuning options (i.e. M820)
- Coil-on-plug
- Twin Aeromotive A1000 fuel pumps/twin -8AN fuel-feed lines/2,000cc injectors
- Full-Race
- Precision 7675HP billet compressor wheel dual-ball bearing turbocharger
- TiAL
- M-Factory dog box with 4.050 final drive and Quaife LSD

- 1,700lbs wet, capable of 1,000whp. We'll have it rolling again soon.
didn't want to quote the entire post, but also didn't want to leave anything out.

I'm almost certain you can pull that 345. this worked wonders for my car:

i don't want to boast about my car or anything, but i pulled off a very aggressive fitment and tuck the 285s on a 10.5 like if were meant to be. it sits flush as it is, but i'm itchy to throw a 295 back there and camber it in a bit so I can tuck it. I can see you doing the same with this, or if you still can't clear, get a wider rim, try and stretch it and let it camber in a bit. it will still look spectacular let alone how sweet and chunky it will be. i've seen the 345s, especially the Invos (i rock the same tire). my boy's zo6 looks like a damn batmobile from how slammed it is and how WIDE the rear looks. just amazing. i hope you can do it!

i'm an import guy by trade. this is my first american car (other than my diesel trucks) that i've owned. i just sold my 426whp integra to hopefully soon build a 800+whp s2000.

i'm very familiar with Palo's work. In fact, i even flew to jersey to see him be the first SFWD car in the 8s (8.9 backed by an 8.7 if i recall) last year. he has always offered the coil pack ignition and cam trigger, which i have to say revolutionized how we ran ignitions, let alone AEM later coming out with a coil pack kit rather that Tony having to purchasing 4 cbr coils and work his magic. that's all in the past now as Miller has a record 180mph pass (although I think unofficial, it's on video) and ran 8.50s i believe.

B16?!?!?! WOW is all I have to say... I would've expected a b18 to say the least. I see 1.9 liter, but how many mm is that? the most i've seen a b16 bored out was to 85mm. my boy damian just pulled 1154whp on his k24 franky. yes gents, that's a 4 banger, and a honda.

that dogbox you got there is certainly a prized possession, let alone at the mercy of several mortgage payments.

exceptional work Jordan.

edit: forgot to add. i LOVE this shot!

Old 05-25-2010, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

didn't want to quote the entire post, but also didn't want to leave anything out.

I'm almost certain you can pull that 345. this worked wonders for my car:

We're looking into just that, he is willing to repaint the fenders, so we may as well pull the fenders at this point.

i don't want to boast about my car or anything, but i pulled off a very aggressive fitment and tuck the 285s on a 10.5 like if were meant to be. it sits flush as it is, but i'm itchy to throw a 295 back there and camber it in a bit so I can tuck it. I can see you doing the same with this, or if you still can't clear, get a wider rim, try and stretch it and let it camber in a bit. it will still look spectacular let alone how sweet and chunky it will be. i've seen the 345s, especially the Invos (i rock the same tire). my boy's zo6 looks like a damn batmobile from how slammed it is and how WIDE the rear looks. just amazing. i hope you can do it!
That is the idea.

i'm an import guy by trade. this is my first american car (other than my diesel trucks) that i've owned. i just sold my 426whp integra to hopefully soon build a 800+whp s2000.
Allow me to show you a few videos of what National Speed does to Hondas...

Ben's 2000 Honda S2000 Redline Time Attack car, stock F20C from oil pan to valve cover, 600whp SAE. And yes, he actually runs races on this power level, this is not a hero pull. I'm confident Ben could obtain 800whp+ numbers on a 100% stock engine... Just wait a few more weeks, and I may have some video of this...

Ben testing the car prior to the Redline Time Attack in English Town, NJ...

Taylor's 2000 Honda Civic Si, stock B16 engine, 436whp, running 10.84 in the quarter mile at Fayetteville...

636whp Honda Civic (this car settled out at 676whp on 30psi)...

673whp Honda Civic Si...

The same car, but in-car shot of fourth gear pull to 180mph (yes, this car will certainly do that on the street, the customer had to prove it with me in the car... Not fun on 24.5" slicks with cord showing)...

Stock K20Z3 Honda Civic Si, Full-Race GT3076R Sidewinder kit on 10psi (this car settled out at 449whp on 14psi)...

Just to show a few.

i'm very familiar with Palo's work. In fact, i even flew to jersey to see him be the first SFWD car in the 8s (8.9 backed by an 8.7 if i recall) last year.
I wish I could have been there, I would have loved to have seen that.

he has always offered the coil pack ignition and cam trigger, which i have to say revolutionized how we ran ignitions, let alone AEM later coming out with a coil pack kit rather that Tony having to purchasing 4 cbr coils and work his magic. that's all in the past now as Miller has a record 180mph pass (although I think unofficial, it's on video) and ran 8.50s i believe.
The AEM CDI coils suck; Chinese "replicas" of the CBR F4I coils. The only benefit is that with the AEM units you can run any spark plug you wish (i.e. the Honda common BKR-series), and with the CBR F4I coils you have to run a removalable-tip spark plug (Denso IK-series). Honestly, it's worth the $9.00 a piece spark plugs to use a reliable coil.

Chris Miller might be faster, but I'll always have more respect for Tony.

B16?!?!?! WOW is all I have to say... I would've expected a b18 to say the least. I see 1.9 liter, but how many mm is that? the most i've seen a b16 bored out was to 85mm. my boy damian just pulled 1154whp on his k24 franky. yes gents, that's a 4 banger, and a honda.
It's an 84.50mm stroke engine, with 84.50mm bore. Perfectly square.

On LA Sleeves, I've heard all-motor Honda B-Series getting to 87mm bore safely. Insane.

that dogbox you got there is certainly a prized possession, let alone at the mercy of several mortgage payments.
Haha, you're not lying.

exceptional work Jordan.
We appreciate the kind words, we do what we do.

edit: forgot to add. i LOVE this shot!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

A+ on the thread guys!

LOOKS GREAT!

How is the handling?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
FormerVendor

The handling is substantially better than stock with the increased contact patch in conjunction with the suspension modifications. The car feels rock solid through turns.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The handling is substantially better than stock with the increased contact patch in conjunction with the suspension modifications. The car feels rock solid through turns.
Jordan,

Glad to see an active Vendor in our section!

The wide rear tire looks sick on the V!

Whats next?

Any road race videos?

-Adam

Quick Reply: National Speed: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Fitting a 325/30R19 on stock wheels...