Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Well.....crap (clutch woes)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Well.....crap (clutch woes)

After running my mouth talking about how my stock clutch handles the power I have, I think it's finally starting to slowly die on me. The pedal has stuck to the floor a few times now, i noticed it definitely feels differently and feels like it's starting to slip a bit. I assume its a matter of time before i'll have to replace it.

So, being so close to 500RWHP, I assume a lighter combo will throw me up over that 500 mark, what is my best bet clutch wise? I've heard nothing but good things about monster's and some really good and bad reviews lately about the new fidanza twins. I am not really liking the fact that the fidanza is like twice the price of the monster. Is it really worth that double cost?

What do you guys think? What would you do?

I thought I was done with my car but mod hell came to me now. While the tranny is out, I may have to do motor mounts at least...possibly headers.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DAMN YOU DEEDUB!!!!

you made me confident that my stocker will hold my power and then you go and post this haha. Ive been reading great things about the monster stage 3 and that fact that it comes with EVERYTHING, slave, alignment tool, etc really has me happy. Ive read 50/50 good and bad about fidanzas twin disk and frankly for the money(after you purchase the new slave and throwout seperate), if I do a twin disk itll be an RPS. I know the monster and twin disc are totally different and the monster may not be as forgiving for a daily but the price and fact that ive read a lot more good then bad, ill prolly just do that when im ready.

Im still shaking my head at this post lmao, BTW ill do the 28lb flywheel instead of the 18lb so its not as harsh of a ride and i dont think i would like it in a cammed car.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Resident

lol im shaking my head too. I don't drive the car too often so I'm not too worried about it but dammit, thats what I get for opening my mouth. I guess since my car is not a DD, it wouldn't be much of a problem to get the Monster. I guess I'd need the stage 3? somewhere around 700-800 bucks I assume.

Definitely not a post i'm proud of lol
Old 05-18-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

You know, it's funny because I've never noticed any problems before. Perhaps It just needs to be bled?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

doubt it needs to be bled. the monster stage 3 from gforce regularly is 997 shipped for everything but you need to pick up new flywheel bolts and a remote bleeder(both are like 75 total i think), but he runs specials often for like 897 shipped plus you have to get the parts above. The fidanza setup your talking 1800 bucks all said and done. I would do the stage 3 at your level just to be on the safe side and leave room to grow if you get the urge down the road. Id call gforce and see if they would give you the sale price by any chance.

http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/produ...&categoryId=16

might wanna contact monster directly and ask about the level 2 fior your application since its more of a stock replacement disc style not puck style which would be easier to drive if your worried.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for reinforcing my decision that 440 rwhp is plenty for my daily driver. While a cam and a few more pounds of boost would get me near 500, the total cost would be near 4000 because it would cost me a clutch too lol.

Quick Reply: Well.....crap (clutch woes)