Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sold my V1 for a V2....ended up with this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile

Nice V 9ball:I have seen the video test results on the V vs. M5 and the V beat it in every category except braking and that was a tie... Also the V is much more stylish, especially the front view...Buy American...good luck though with your purchase.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GREG O.
Nice V 9ball:I have seen the video test results on the V vs. M5 and the V beat it in every category except braking and that was a tie... Also the V is much more stylish, especially the front view...Buy American...good luck though with your purchase.
Great input!

You didnt mention the BMWs pluses at all i see, the superior interior (yes superior), better handling, FEEL, and not to mention the OP explained how he got an amazing deal on a CPO M5.

And "buy american"? thats a personal preference that does NOT apply to all, if you choose to then fine but please dont add that in as something that matters in someone elses car choice.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Buy American? From companies that I bailed out? I invest plenty into America every tax quarter.

Edit: none of that had a factor in my decision to buy a BMW.

Last edited by BacDoc; 07-04-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GREG O.
Nice V 9ball:I have seen the video test results on the V vs. M5 and the V beat it in every category except braking and that was a tie... Also the V is much more stylish, especially the front view...Buy assembled by Americans...good luck though with your purchase.
i fixed that for you because the tech which makes the v a v is from all over the world. and parts sources from all over. the buy american thing doesnt apply anymore since cars are from all over.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Restricted User

Saying a BMW M has a "superior interior" as compared to a CTS-V2 is really stretching it. Materials quality is equivalent, design is subjective (the ONE gripe i have about BMWs is their frikkin WEIRD interiors), and in space, the V2 wins. I just don't see it...must be that perceived quality thing again.

I absolutely LOVE BMW's exterior styling, their engines and transmission, and suspensions. But their interiors are just ridiculous in my opinion and just like everyone else said, i'd NEVER even think about owning one without a warranty.

Besides all that, and I mean this with the utmost respect to the OP, you couldn't pay me to own a german car with more than 50k miles...warranty or not.

All that said, I can certainly see the vailidity in spending $33k on a car instead of $55-60k. The used V2's are just overpriced at this point. So there, I sympathize. And you definitely got a great looking car.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The V2's are holding value for a reason. They really are world class. The interior is much improved for any GM buts it's still not to the level of the Germans IMO. And remember this V2 is caching up to BMW's 2006 offering.

Again I preferred to have a V2 but this was too good of a deal to pass up.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^well said.

i would love to own an M5, but they are just to rich for my blood. i could not afford the maintenance on them. with the LS2, i know that i will be able to do most of the work myself in my garage.

and everything comes down to personal choice, and what said buyer wants to own. it is their money after all. i bought the V for several reasons: dream car (behind the ZR1) since 2004, and it is a nice sleeper. take off the Vs and all you have is a CTS, right. haha.

and i prefer the sound of a OHV push rod V8, small or big block
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

I really don't buy the whole, "BMW has a better interior".... Friend has an 08 M3 and I think my V2 with suede, and carbon fiber inserts is just as good as the M3 if not better.

If you were arguing that a Z06 had better interior I'd aruge that with you in that His M3 is much better then my Z06. I rode in a Lambo Murci. and understand why people love their interior, as they are truely top notch, but they are also 400K+

GM really stepped up the game I think with the V2. Plus like the previous guy said for 1500 bucks he has 582. For 1500 bucks you can't even buy a decent exhaust for a BMW....

Each to his own, and best of luck with your M5. I used to own a German car, and I came back to Domestic. German engineering is expensive!!! lol!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sick!

Where is Danboss?

He just swapped to an E60 M5!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Guess I have to add my two cents. I did in fact sell my V1 for a black/black M5. Mods are already on the way, as is a plan to black it out completely (maybe). Whereas the OP was looking for a V2, I was looking for an M5 or M6 the whole time. So far I have to say that I LOVE this car, and it pulls like crazy above 4k rpm all the way to 8250

Really don't even care about the v1 vs v2 vs m5 discussion.

Here's the new ride:

Old 07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

From the back it looks like a Honda Accord !!!

Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice man! i have always wanted an M-3. but im sooo scared of maintenance fees! yikes! gotta love warranty!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Man those M5s are some sexxy sunofaguns.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dannboss
Guess I have to add my two cents. I did in fact sell my V1 for a black/black M5. Mods are already on the way, as is a plan to black it out completely (maybe). Whereas the OP was looking for a V2, I was looking for an M5 or M6 the whole time. So far I have to say that I LOVE this car, and it pulls like crazy above 4k rpm all the way to 8250

Really don't even care about the v1 vs v2 vs m5 discussion.

Here's the new ride:

Wow forget the car I like the house!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I happened to take down a V2 last night at the strip. My launch control > his wheels spinning down the track.

I'm really growing to like the M5, it impresses me more and more everyday. The SMG is becoming more livable but still has it's quirks.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Old 07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Teching In

I hope for you you have a bmw extented WARRANTY because theses M5 are not really reliable. I got a 2006 M5 brand new, very fun to drive but a ******* pig always at the dealer for something broke , light on......a piece of crap for the reliability !!!! I own it 22 months and was at the dealer for repair for 4 months.........never will buy a bimmer again... and dealer service sucks too !!!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
[IMG]http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/39024
/sport-bike-turning-circles/boxxy-trolling.jpg[/IMG]
See my trollin'
Hatin'
Trying to catch me ridin' dirty

Originally Posted by festode
I hope for you you have a bmw extented WARRANTY because theses M5 are not really reliable. I got a 2006 M5 brand new, very fun to drive but a ******* pig always at the dealer for something broke , light on......a piece of crap for the reliability !!!! I own it 22 months and was at the dealer for repair for 4 months.........never will buy a bimmer again... and dealer service sucks too !!!
It's been mentioned in about every post I have the extended warranty. I can't say I feel safe without it, but I don't constantly feel like the rear diff is a ticking time bomb. Or the radiator will go out again. Or the battery. Or the motor mounts. Or the...
Old 07-10-2010, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BacDoc
Well I happened to take down a V2 last night at the strip. My launch control > his wheels spinning down the track.

I'm really growing to like the M5, it impresses me more and more everyday. The SMG is becoming more livable but still has it's quirks.

Nice kill, can't wait to get home and take down some V's!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BacDoc
I ordered filter replacements and ram scoops. i doubt I'll do much else...I want to preserve my warranty.

When I took it in to get a service they took my key fob, plugged it into a computer and spit out the current status of the car including the CEL I had and the entire service history. I'm not sure I can hide a whole lot from them.

Didn't really catch this till a few days ago, so the ram air scoops will not void the warranty, or is there something I'm missing?