Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sunroof adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sunroof adjustment?

Anybody know of the procedure to adjust the height of the sunroof, when it's closed? Seems it seats different ways sometimes, but typically the front is higher than the roofline and the rear lower (both by say 1/16") and I believe it is causing wind noise on the freeway. I haven't noticed any leaks yet from washing it, but also haven't tried it in the rain (which will show all leaks )

If somebody has a copy of those pages on the FSM, that would be awesome, or perhaps a how-to somewhere...I may be able to figure it out, but any tips would be great!

I noticed on the GMVIS report that the original owner had it adjusted when it was nearly new, so wondering if this is something that just goes out of wack from time to time?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nevermind. Easy Fix. Mine was loose...

If you put the sunroof in vent position and pull off the accordion piece, there is a torx (T25) screw there for your adjustment...I'd use a 1/4" socket rather than a screwdriver though so you can torque it down sufficently.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Mine makes some whistle noise, after i pass 180kph, someone have pics of the adjustment screw or how he get rid of it?

Best regards,
Ronald
Old 11-11-2014, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Behind the according pieces on each side there are torx screws. Good luck not tearing those panels though.

Quick Reply: Sunroof adjustment?