Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I think this might be relevant to your interest (turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i think the effort to mount the turbos, piping, waste gates and dumps in that area isnt worth the trouble.

also putting them by the mufflers really doesnt hurt the spool time at all. pressure at one point of a close system is the same pressure at the other end. maybe reaction time would suffer some but i doubt its really noticeable.
As your exhaust gasses cool traveling downward your exhaust piping, the air becomes more dense and loses velocity. Thus, effecting your spool. The closer they are to the initial exit from the motor the better. You can always drop your exhaust piping size to quicken spool time. after all, you would only see the cons to that at low rpm's. once the turbos spool, your good to go.

Whats your planned boost pressure? If there was a proven kit out there making 11-14 psi, i would jump on it. 5-7 psi just isnt worth it to me. I can make more power N/A wit N2O for A LOT cheaper.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
SO, whats the fix for this turbo app?

FORD 8.8?
Dana?
He got Madman's last CTS-V rear.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -T-
As your exhaust gasses cool traveling downward your exhaust piping, the air becomes more dense and loses velocity. Thus, effecting your spool. The closer they are to the initial exit from the motor the better. You can always drop your exhaust piping size to quicken spool time. after all, you would only see the cons to that at low rpm's. once the turbos spool, your good to go.

Whats your planned boost pressure? If there was a proven kit out there making 11-14 psi, i would jump on it. 5-7 psi just isnt worth it to me. I can make more power N/A wit N2O for A LOT cheaper.
The internals should be able to handle a ton of boost, so I'm thinking 12-15 is probably fine for a street application, if I can keep the knock away. (might need meth?) CR around 9.5:1 should keep it solid off boost.

Also, the diff thing I'm working on too. I have an aluminum 8.8 in my garage and a spare getrag POS for measuring, I'm working on a bracket system to accomidate the 8.8. From there, I should just need to take the car to DSS to get some axles because I'm really close to their shop and they do cobra and cts-v axle stuff.

Quick Reply: I think this might be relevant to your interest (turbo)